General
   >> Shipping Labels
Thread views: 12608 Previous threadView all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode

scottlou
(stranger )
04/08/03 08:56 AM
Shipping label problems: skips lines  

I've been having the same problem with shipping labels since I first installed AW2k. The program can't seem to handle any address longer than the standard three lines. If I include a suite or apartment number beneath the street address, or have an international address or anything else requiring 4 or 5 lines, the program just prints the first three lines of info I've entered and drops the rest from the label.

I'm continually embarrassing myself when I arrive at the PO with my packages all ready to go, having failed to notice these omissions. It's a big hassle to get that far then have to backtrack either open the package to get the rest of the address off the invoice or else take it back home to print a new label.

I can't seem to figure out why this is happening. Any clues?

TIA

Tradeguy
(journeyman)
04/08/03 10:08 AM
Re: Shipping label problems: skips lines new [re: scottlou]  

i've had a few similar problems. First, you'll be limited based on what kind of label you use. I use the 5161 (1x4), so I can go real wide, but not many lines (I can do 4 lines). Second, you can play with the font and font size to fit more. I can actually fit 5 lines if I reduce the font size to 8. At Arial 12 , my normal setting, I can only do 4 lines. At Arial 14, only 3 lines.

So...check on your font settings and try reducing it. Then use the preview feature to see if it gets all the lines.

Hope this helps!
Rich

thewomenfolk
(stranger )
06/03/03 09:20 PM
Re: Shipping label problems: skips lines new [re: Tradeguy]  

Not having enough space for the address was an abiding problem with my last management program. It didn't handle those long foreign addresses very well. I need a very large font for the label and can't find a way to increase it. There appears to be only a way to increase the font of the return label, which doesn't need to be large.... Could tech support explain if its impossible to increase the font on the Buyer address and if so why? Thanks.

Jeannie

AuctionWizardAdministrator
(Auction Wizard Team)
06/04/03 05:07 PM
Re: Shipping label problems: skips lines new [re: thewomenfolk]  

You can change both the font style and size (and adjust the placement) of the Buyer Address before printing your shipping labels. When you select "Print Queued Labels..." from the Tools drop down menu and the "Shipping Label Print Queue" dialog box is displayed, those options are available on the right side of the dialog box under "Label Settings".

-- The Auction Wizard Team

Previous threadView all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode
Jump to

www.AuctionWizard2000.com | Contact Us Forums powered by WWWThreads