General
   >> Shipping Labels
Thread views: 14302 *Threaded Mode

homeboy
(stranger )
02/18/06 05:20 PM
Which Label Printer?  

What is the best or preferred label printer for AW2K?

tictictic_OnEbay
(newbie)
02/28/06 02:25 AM
Re: Which Label Printer? new [re: homeboy]  

There haven't been any answers to this. I wonder if others are like me and have no idea what you mean. AW just prints address labels/sends the info to your printer when you queue the label and select Tools:Print queued labels (that's one of several ways to do it).

Can you explain your question further?

tictictic_OnEbay

homeboy
(stranger )
02/28/06 07:09 AM
Re: Which Label Printer? new [re: tictictic_OnEbay]  

Thanks for asking.

The AW2K label subsystem seems to be written only for sheets of 8.5x11 labels. However, I have two label printers: a Seiko 220 and a Zebra LP 2844 and have tried to use these, even though -- apparently -- neither of these are supported by AW2K. I can send data to both of the printers and get an image, but I don't have enough control in AW2K to poisition the image correctly on the label. I wonder (1) if there is something about using label printers in AW2K that I've overlooked, or (2) if others are using a label printers successfully with AW2K and if so which one.

Ned
(stranger )
02/28/06 07:40 AM
Re: Which Label Printer? new [re: homeboy]  

If what you're after is shipping labels that are complete with postage, I think you have to export from AW2K to a product that can do that, for instance Endicia (see Endicia thread here). Then I think your 2844 will work fine.

I haven't tried this yet, though others seem to have had success.

bluepennylady
(stranger )
04/30/06 05:37 AM
Re: Which Label Printer? new [re: Ned]  

Hi,

I use Endicia and print through a Zebra printer. I use the same printer for UPS and USPS mailpieces. But instead of exporting the name and address, we just copy and paste from the Paypal into the Endicia address field.

Prior to starting to use Endicia, we were printing 1 label at a time, single labels on our pin-fed printer. It worked very well as a person can only package one item at a time anyway. So as soon as the goody was packaged, we printed the address label.

I used the closest possible sized label to the one I had. I changed the font etc until everything was okay. Pin-fed will advance to the end of what Windows OS determines is the end of the sheet. But you can "fake" it out by telling the printer the sheet is shorter than it is. 2 labels would advance out. We'd tear off the correct label, hit load page (on our printer), the extra label would reverse and load into the correct spot and were ready to print the next label. Didn't take any time at all. Actually, by the time we would peel and stick the label, the printer was ready for the next label.

You can get most any kind of label to work on most any printer configuration Just have to play around with it.

Judy
bluepennylady

*Threaded Mode
Jump to

www.AuctionWizard2000.com | Contact Us Forums powered by WWWThreads