General
   >> Ledger
Thread views: 9882 Previous threadView all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode

jwilliams
(stranger )
03/27/02 01:08 PM
Attachment
Need feature enhancement (Ledger / auction fees)  

I just started reviewing this system, and overall it is impressive. There is a major need however for work on the ledger for it to be even remotely usable. One aspect is dirt easy to implement:

1. Copy the auction fees from a closed auction to the ledger, the data is already there.

The other two features are easy as well, but would require a few hours work:

1. Actual shipping fees vs. what is charged to the customer. I think on the item tab, where you setup your auction product and the price, and reserve, etc... THIS is where you are putting in the shipping / insurance fees that you are CHARGING the customer. When you go to print the shipping labels, or maybe just another option within the menu, you can tell the system the ACTUAL charges. Maybe if it is in the menu as an option, this data is REQUIRED or it will not print the shipping label (user definable of course).

2. Payment method charges (lack of a better description). When you take a payment via paypal or any other source you are charged a fee, this needs to be automated as well, and it would be easy.

Check out this link (AND DON'T LAUGH AT MY DRAWING)
http://64.65.33.63/auctions/images/paymethod.jpg

You could add payment methods on a screen much like where the FTP and other accounts setup is. You would for example have multiple entries of Paypal perhaps, if they charge one fee for transactions of a certain size and different fee for transacations of another size you would have two entries for them. Additionally here you would set how many days until the payment clears, this was the system could automatically queue up a shipping label on that day and notify the customer, when payment is received that not only it came in but approx. when the item will be shipped based upon the payment type.

3. I had a third one and now, well I can't remember it, that drawing took everything out of me LOL...

Anyone have any input on this?

alsorts
(stranger )
03/27/02 03:53 PM
Re: Need feature enhancement (Ledger / auction fees) new [re: jwilliams]  

Hi Jwilliam,

For the first #1, if you record the payment you make every month to the auction service and had AW2K record the auction fees for each auction, that would be entering the expense twice. I think if you are looking for a report for the fees, you could use a "Auction Lot Profit" report.

Second #1. I think that is a good idea.

#2. (Good Drawing!!!!) I know there has been a discussion over on Jacki's board about payment fees, and where to record them (in Auction Lots or use one of the user defined fields in Invoices). As suggestion, a total amount could be recorded in the ledger every month.

The ship date by the payment method would be a good idea.

Edited by alsorts on 03/27/02 03:55 PM (server time).

Previous threadView all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode
Jump to

www.AuctionWizard2000.com | Contact Us Forums powered by WWWThreads