General
   >> Ledger
Thread views: 15225 Previous threadView all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode

SGDeals
(stranger )
02/18/07 05:14 PM
Income/Expense new  

Hi,
I downloaded AW2k many months ago, and never ran it until today. The free trial period is over, and re-downloading it didn't re-start the 60 day trial, so I havn't been able to play too much with it.

I have a very small part time company. I buy sell on Ebay, I currently use a accounting program that works well. I input all my expenses and income, and at the end of the year, I print out summaries for my tax guy.

My question is does AW2k have the ability for me to manually enter routine business expenses like printer paper, ink, parts, etc...? If I make a local sale, face to face, can I manully enter that? Will the program support both my eBay id's? If I buy a widget through ebay, can it be entered automatically, or do I have to manually enter everything?

Obviously, what I'm trying to find out is if it will support a (very) small business 100% or if it's a tool only for eBay.

By the way, I sent this question to: info@auctionwizard2000.com and it bounced. How is tech support? A bouncing email does not induce confidance.

Thanks!

bluepennylady
(old hand)
02/18/07 06:24 PM
Re: Income/Expense new [re: SGDeals]  

HI,

Welcome to Auction Wizard. Glad to have you on the boards and trying the software. You have selected an excellent software program for managing your Internet/Auction Business.

First about tech support. Tech support is far superior to any tech support out there. I have no idea why your email bounced. You can't ask for nor will you find a better tech support than Auction Wizard. Thom is an incredibly talented programmer, an excellent technician. And he just flat out knows what he is doing.

Yes you can enter in all your Auction related expenses in the Ledger. Just click the Add Ledger Record button ( "+") there are 3 choices. Invoice income. Non Invoice income as well as Expenses. When you select Expenses, you are then presented with an Add ledger record dialog box. Payee, memo, date, amount. You can even enter in the Check number if so desired in order to make it easier to track expenses.

AW2000 supports unlimited ID's. For each eBay Id, you create an Auction Profile.

I make local sales all of the time. If the sale of the green widget is associated with my Internet business as opposed to my retail, meaning the goody was or had been online, I use AW2000 to track the sale. If the product is on my retail sales floor, I do not use AW2000 to track the sale.

Auction Wizard has the ability to track Inventory, Auction lots, Invoices, manage email and a ledger. There is an extensive Report function in Aw2000. The Reports can be customized to fit individual needs. And the reports are quite useful. I use the Inventory reports for year end inventory.

I am not sure what you mean about buying something on eBay and entering it. Can you explain what you mean? And I'll see if I can help you.

Hope this helps a bit.

Judy/blue

SGDeals
(stranger )
02/18/07 06:46 PM
Re: Income/Expense [re: bluepennylady]  

BluePennylady, thank you so much for the detailed answer.
You said:
"I am not sure what you mean about buying something on eBay and entering it."

Most of my eBay buying is a 2nd ID, and almost all of it is intended for resale at some point. So i was wondering if I buy an item, if it can be entered as an expense to the ledger with a click or two, or if I had to manually enter everything?

Almost everything I sell is through ebay, but (if I understand correctly) if I sell something face to face, I can still enter it maually into AW as non invoice income? If I switch to AW, I would only do so if I could keep ALL my records in AW, I don't want to have to run 2 accounting programs.

bluepennylady
(old hand)
02/19/07 00:10 AM

Hi,

If you sell something to a person face to face and wish to track that particular sale in AW2000, you can most certainly enter the monies received into the ledger.

AW2000 can only maintain the records of information entered into the database. One hundred percent of what we buy is for resale. However, if I wish to offer the inventory on eBay, I must enter the items into AW2000, Either manually adding each item. Or importing a CSV file and then add the images, etc.

AW2000 is not an accounting program. It is an Auction management tool. Although, I maintain all my Auction related inventory records in AW2000, I also use QuickBooks Pro for my checking accounts, payroll, etc.

If you are selling product online at eBay, you will find AW2000 beats every single other Auction management software program hands down. I tried almost all of the software programs available. Literally downloading, installing and using other software. And nothing came close to Auction Wizard.

The Inventory Items window/tab in AW2000, will work real well for keeping track of your Inventory. And you could even set up different consignors for tracking individual purchases (which is exactly what I do). I set up a consignor for each Stock we purchase. As the items are entered into the Inventory Items, the respective consignor is also selected. I can track an entire stock from beginning to end. And run reports. (We are liquidators, so we get semi loads of stuff to sell)

I hope that helps you a bit. I just have to ask, what are you using right now to manage your Auctions?

Judy/blue

SGDeals
(stranger )
02/19/07 07:07 AM
Re: Income/Expense new [re: bluepennylady]  

Hello again,
I am a one man, low volume seller on eBay. I buy much of my stock for resale through eBay, on one ID, and resell it later, (almost always on eBay) under a second ID. I don't use any type of auction management software, because with my volume I don't need it, although it would be nice to have..

I use a bookeeping program called Small Business accounting by Owl software. I enter any expenses I incur, and my sales income in that program. I have to manually enter all data, nothing can be imported. At the end of the year, I just print out my expense, income and profit summaries for my tax guy.

I guess what I'm trying to determine is if the Ledger portion of AW can take the place of my current bookkeeping program. And at the same time, if it could import any ebay purchace I make right in as an expense. If so, I can justify buying AW. I'm putting a lot of effort into selling more items, and I would like to have this type of managment in place before I were to fall behind.

Thanks again for all the time your taking to help me out. i really appreciate that.
Steve

bluepennylady
(old hand)
02/19/07 07:18 AM

Steve,

Using Auction management software is just about an absolute must if you are going to sell on eBay, Overstock, etc. Software will keep you organized, efficient and professional. You will also be surprised at how much more Inventory you can handle

I didn't start out listing lots of product. I started out running maybe 10 auctions a week. It was challenging keeping track of Auction lots, buyer's info, payment info, etc not to mention the time trying to get one item listed using eBay's sell your item form. I think you will find Auction Wizard an excellent solution for your Auction management needs.

And yes, you can enter in all the auction related expenses into the ledger.

Judy/blue

Previous threadView all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode
Jump to

www.AuctionWizard2000.com | Contact Us Forums powered by WWWThreads