Listing
   >> eBay
Thread views: 4097 Previous threadView all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode

twoolds
(stranger )
01/07/11 07:08 PM
Help! Advice Needed! Paypal/etc payments  

Auction Wiz boards may not be the place for this question, but I'm totally confused/worried. Been using Wiz since early days (just after ebay bought Blackthorn). We are back on ebay after a 3 year absence. Left due to some health problems, and also the upcoming paypal only requirement.

We sell antiques/collectibles, about 200 items during a winter. In 7 years, we had a couple of neutrals, and 2 negs out of 500 feedbacks (over 1000 actual sales to buyers). One neg was for a linen that smelled like smoke, the other for a 10.00 silver item the guy claimed was fake, (it wasn't, he figgered it out). We were probably also the victims of more than a dozen USPS fake claims. (ex: drop & break one of your Steuben water glasses, buy one on ebay, put broken one in USPS box, file an insurance claim). I bore you with this, as it is probably more difficult to maintain near perfect customer feedback, than someone selling a dozen bic pens for a buck.

That leads me to my problem/worry: With all the new buyer oriented rules, (no checks, money orders, changes to feedback rules, shipping prices/rules/rates/labels/tracking, and etc/etc...... it will be more difficult to be 100% feedback. Both back then, and now, I read about all the awfull paypal experiences on the ebay chat boards. Current posts: one person has entire account frozen for 90 days, problems with new paypal members having acounts frozen until the prove themselves, one member with 98.6% rating having paypal problems. All kinds of other paypal problems, blah, blah, blah. Is paypal really that much trouble, or are these people mostly just nuts?

I see that there is also propay, moneybookers, and paymate, but the chat boards are full of problems with them also. I don't THINK I want to open a regular merchant account.

I don't know what to think!

PLEASE! Any and all advice would be greatly appreciated.

Jump to

www.AuctionWizard2000.com | Contact Us Forums powered by WWWThreads