Listing
   >> eBay
Thread views: 33376 Previous threadView all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)
kleong9
(stranger )
02/20/03 07:46 PM
Re: Have problem listing on Ebay today new [re: ladyshadowrider]  

I, too, have spent all week preparing auctions to go out this evening and am unable to list. This is very frustrating! How long does it usually take to get an update in a situation like this? I've already emailed technical support but haven't heard back.

Anonymous
(Unregistered)
02/20/03 07:48 PM
Re: Have problem listing on Ebay today new [re: ladyshadowrider]  

Help. I'm running into problems listing as well. It seems like everything is okay and then I get the message that there was a problems on the "payment and shipping" page. When I manually look at the Ebay page that comes up, it is the first listing page asking what type of auction I want...like nothing was uploaded at all. How long does it usually take to get a fix when Ebay makes changes? Should I go ahead and write my auctions up in Turbo Lister? Thanks,
Joan :)

ladyshadowrider
(Unregistered)
02/20/03 07:53 PM
Re: Have problem listing on Ebay today new [re: kleong9]  

I don't know how long it takes. I'm new to AW2000. Just started using it a couple of weeks ago. Tonite would have been my second time listing with it.

Now that I have all my inventory in it and using the templates and other features, I don't want to list without it.

I'll have to wait and try to list again tomorrow evening since I need to hit the rack soon. Gotta get up early in the morning and go to my day J-O-B.

icicle
(Unregistered)
02/25/03 08:00 AM
Re: Have problem listing on Ebay today new [re: kleong9]  

I was/am having the exact same problem.
I think ebay must be changing the way they accept listings and dont know what the "fix" is.
At least I know I'm not alone

scottlou
(stranger )
02/27/03 10:33 AM
Re: Have problem listing on Ebay today new [re: icicle]  

I've been having this problem for 2 days now as well.

Great. I've been evaluating AW2K for 4 weeks now, and was ready to buy it today before the March 1 cutoff. It would appear now that it is worthless to me until somebody gets off their keister and fixes the conflict with eBay's new requirements.

Does this problem indicate that every time eBay changes anything in their listing routines, AW2K users will be SOL, unable to list anything at all for several days?

scottlou
(stranger )
02/27/03 11:00 AM
UPDATE AVAILABLE new [re: scottlou]  

I just ran a Check For Program Updates under the Tools menu in AW2K and found that there is in fact an update available. I went ahead and ran it, and now my listings are going up just fine.

Geez. You'd think that they'd send you an email notification or something when this kind of thing happens. At the very least they should have a prominent notification message listed at the front end of their website.

chinacat
(newbie)
02/27/03 06:47 PM
Re: UPDATE AVAILABLE new [re: scottlou]  

If you're a registered user, you DO get an email notification. However, anytime you suddenly have problems listing on eBay, it's a no-brainer to check for program updates!

Anonymous
(Unregistered)
02/27/03 08:55 PM
Re: UPDATE AVAILABLE new [re: chinacat]  

I have tried to get an update and it says I am running the latest version, however I am getting the same errors as everyone else who has posted here.

I am pretty sure ebay changed their listing page. In any event I was able to post them using the manual method which works in a pinch but I am hopeful an update is available soon.

Tradeguy
(newbie)
02/27/03 09:20 PM
Re: UPDATE AVAILABLE new [re: Anonymous]  

The last update on 2/20 (version 2.1, build 94, update 506) fixed the last Ebay changes. I've been posting auctions just fine, including today, without error.

Ebay makes changes without telling anyone, and these guys update within 24 hours. Can't ask for better support than that!

Rich

Anonymous
(Unregistered)
02/27/03 09:25 PM
Re: UPDATE AVAILABLE new [re: chinacat]  

Be that as it may, at any given time there are likely to be one heck of a lot of people evaluating the software. People who are likely to be considering several alternatives at the same time. People who have probably run auctions for a while, but at the time they run into this problem, are running dozens of simultaneous auctions for the first time, which is why they are looking into this software in the first place. So at the same time they run into this problem, they're just getting used to handling the dozens upon dozens of email messages and all the other errata that come with the territory. When all of a sudden they get some error message that is COMPLETELY IGNORED in the help files and troubleshooting routines, and not only is not the obvious solution offered within a couple of minutes of perusing the main website, but you come to this forum and immediately home into a thread like this one, where over a dozen people are having the same problem with no solution yet evident to any of them...well, that pretty clearly represents a failing in the support mechanism to me.

Yes, the solution is obvious, once you are familiar with the software. Yes, the periodic upgrades are a no-brainer to the initiated. Yes, it's great that they send you an email if you are already a registered user.

But how does that help the poor sap who's just checking the software out and trying to make a decision not just to invest $75 (per computer) in it, but to invest an awful lot of time in getting it up and running?

I'm no idiot, nor a newcomer to the internet or software generally. I downloaded this program a month ago and by yesterday I had decided that yes, I would go ahead and purchase it before the March 1 deadline for perpetual upgrades.

Then this happened. I hadn't been able to get an auction going for almost 48 hours, and I've got a lot of other stuff going on. The last thing I needed to be doing was wasting my time trying to divine what turned out to be the "obvious" solution to a simple problem, but there was no mention of it anywhere in either the help files, the FAQ, or within the first half dozen clicks on the website.

That is not a good way to win customers, to my mind. Nor is it a good way to hang onto them in an environment where you very likely have an awful lot of people for whom eBay is their introduction to using computers to make a living.

And we've already seen a number of companies like this fall by the wayside, haven't we? Companies who not only took people's money, but asked people to invest a significant amount of time in setting up their software, only to be left high and dry and unsupported when eBay or the internet community at large continued to evolve after the company shut down because they couldn't keep their customers happy.

I did go ahead and buy my site licence for Auction Wizard today, but I've got a number of concerns about both its features and the level of support they provide. They're going to have to work a little harder or think a little smarter if they want to keep me off their back.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)
Previous threadView all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode
Jump to

www.AuctionWizard2000.com | Contact Us Forums powered by WWWThreads