Listing
   >> eBay
Thread views: 24797 Previous threadView all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)
twoolds
(stranger )
12/04/13 03:13 PM
Re: "condition description" FIELD new [re: ehlmann]  

First off:
auctions1329 mentioned Ebay's software earlier in this thread.

As far as Ebay's own software goes, they have announced that Blackthorne is being dumped. (Blackthorne is Ebay's answer to Auction Wizard) I started with Blackthorne back in the late 90's. Cost 75.00-150.00 or something like that, good for lifetime, free updates. That is......... until Ebay bought them out a year or two later. End of story. I dumped 'em. Made me mad! That must have been along about 2000-2002? or so. Looked at a couple of other programs to replace Blackthorne, found Auction Wizard, it had lifetime updates, I liked it, so I bought it. Back then, and going way back into the early '80's, I used to purchase good, expensive software, with lifetime support.

Guess what, almost without EXCEPTION, every single program I purchased, that promised free lifetime updates/support/blah/blah, and usually costing $200-$400, got bought out, & then they dumped all the original terms to the original purchasers ................

EXCEPT for one program............. (wait for it......)

AUCTION WIZARD!!!!!!!!!

(I know, the pricing is different now, than when I purchased it, but the point is, Auction Wizard has never changed any of the terms to the ORIGINAL purchasers, or asked for more money.) I've had a couple of crashes to Auction Wizard in the last 10-12 years, PROBABLY the fault of Microsoft or other crap. Thom got me fixed up RIGHT NOW! I've had NOWHERE NEAR the problems I've had with everything else I've run. I say this is GOOD software! Been well worth it. I wish they could get it going for Etsy/Zibbet.

Anyway, Been working on a solution for THE STUPID ITEM DESCRIPTION PROBLEM, for a while. I read on Ebay SC a few things about this solution, but couldnt get it to work, so I figgered it was relative to Blacktorne, or Turbolister & gave up. Then I stumbled on to this.... Sort of........Hope I get this right.

1) In My Ebay: Selling: Under Selling Reminders: It says:
“To let buyers know exactly what to expect, add a condition description to 160 Listings”

2) Right Click on the 160 Listings, open in a new tab.

3) At the TOP LEFT of that new screen: click into the box next to where it says:
“View all listings that are missing a condition description. (160)”

4) Now click into the NEXT BOX DOWN, the one ON THE TITLE LINE, that effectively checkmarks the entire column.

5) Click The “EDIT” box, just above the title row, & when it opens up, click on “CONDITION”. That opens ANOTHER BOX, where you can select Editing in bulk, or Individually. I chose Bulk, That was the point of this for me, but this might also work pretty well if you have to fix them individually.

(Read #6 a/b/c carefully, as there are 2 possible sets of CONDITION, & CONDITION DESCRIPTION boxes)

6a) So now open each ADDITIONAL box that has appeared (IF ANY!!!) for “CONDITION” issues, (1 for each major category, 3 in my case) within this new Edit box, & change the drop down menus from “NO CHANGE” to: “CHANGE TO”, & then click on “USED” or “NEW” accordingly (REMEMBER WE'RE DOING BULK - ALL AT ONCE HERE - STOP NOW IF BULK WILL NOT WORK FOR YOU!)

6b) Now TAKE A MOMENT, Maybe drink beer. Sit down & figger out how you can change (INSERT ACTUALLY) what Ebay calls CONDITION DESCRIPTION, all at the same time. In my case, it goes something like this: Well, they're ALL vintage. They're All used. They ALL need a “condition”. In my book that makes ALL of the Dam*ed things “Vintage Used Condition” Note, if you choose to do this, please pick your own phrase. I am copyrighting/veroing this phrase, so it doesn't get on every ebay auction, & they figger this out. :)

6c) & Finally, also open each box that has appeared for EBAY'S STUPID “CONDITION DESCRIPTION” issues, & change the drop down menu from “NO CHANGE” to: “CHANGE TO”, & then, in the new box that opens up, paste the following “Vintage Used Condition” (w/o quotes), or WHATEVER YOU PLEASE! Please send .10 to me, for each use of my phrase, or alternatively, donate to Salvation Army Kettle.

7) Click on “SAVE & CLOSE”

The following actually happened as I was typing this into AW Forum:

8) Manhattans all around

9) OOPS! Noticed I forgot to Click on “SUBMIT ALL”

10) Also, Click on “CONFIRM & SUBMIT”

11) See #8

Good luck, This worked as of 4:43 pm 12/4/2013. I cant find the original notes regarding this, in SC, but they were not extensive anyway, & I had to stumble through this about 6-8 times, before I found the above order, which works!

I'm going to post a rare VENT (Re: Google/Ebay/Evil) kind of tied to this, but wanted to get this answer up first. Stay tuned.

twoolds
(stranger )
12/04/13 03:49 PM
Re: "condition description" FIELD new [re: twoolds]  

UPDATE TO MY ABOVE POST

After I went back to ebay, & reloaded "MY EBAY", the affected auctions had not updated, & were still listed as having no item descriptions. I had to try 2x more to get it to work. The solution MAY HAVE BEEN, to only click one parameter in that final box, instead of the 4-6 I had during this go-round. After handling it that way, it worked. Then again, maybe just plain old Ebay glitch.............or not updated in MY EBAY..........

ehlmann
(stranger )
12/04/13 10:14 PM
Re: "condition description" FIELD new [re: twoolds]  

Not a glitch at all! This is another method they have to thin the herd. Anyone that exhausts themselves filling in these incessantly to see they have not "taken" will fall off the selling ledge and die. This is how they have come up with the latest top rated sellers.

auctions1329
(journeyman)
12/09/13 01:25 PM
Re: "condition description" FIELD new [re: ehlmann]  

I just finished putting in the condition fields as they wanted. As I mentioned I do put the condition in the description on every item so I only had to copy over to eBay. But even then it was a pain in the butt. Have you had sales on Zibbet?

Visit me at: http://www.auctions1329.ecrater.com

My Bonanza store is:
http://www.bonanza.com/theabby1329

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Previous threadView all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode
Jump to

www.AuctionWizard2000.com | Contact Us Forums powered by WWWThreads