Listing
   >> eBay
Thread views: 3557 Previous threadView all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode

dwk
(stranger )
12/08/15 03:01 PM
API Communication error [re: ]  

I found a problem in listing to eBay, unless I am doing something wrong. I listed an item with International shipping set to "0" and a flat rate of $3.99 to the US. Ebay then posted the listing with the $3.99 US shipping and "Free" International shipping. This cost me a negative feedback.
A second instance was that I listed a large piece of furniture with "Do Not Specify shipping costs", but stated that "Shipping to be determined at the close of the sale plus $40". Ebay inserted a $37.50 shipping cost. The buyer knew about paying the shipping after the close, but when I didn't respond to his email over the weekend, he filed an "Item Not Received" in the Resolution Center. Since the buyer paid the $37.50 with the $799 winning bid, Ebay ruled in his favor. Their claim was that the buyer paid the item and the listed shipping, and I didn't provide a tracking number. The ad content was not of their concern. (What a bunch of crap) After researching the policy (a long story) I noticed that there is a way to specify freight and for the buyer to get a quote if listed on the ebay site. These idiosyncrasies has caused me to abandon using AW2K to list until this is all corrected. There is no Freight shipping option, just options for "Other - See Description" and "Local Pickup". I am not sure what will happen if I use either of these. Please help if you have experience with this. Also, does the new version of AW2K address these issues?
Thanks!!!
DennisK

Jump to

www.AuctionWizard2000.com | Contact Us Forums powered by WWWThreads