Listing
   >> eBay
Thread views: 8058 *Threaded Mode

Anonymous
(Unregistered)
07/07/03 12:27 PM
Ebay's new layout for auctions  

Hi,
I'm sure most have seen the new layout, and i'm here just to vent. I love auctionwizard don't get me wrong. It has all the features i'm looking for and the price is great. BUT ebay has been advertising this new layout for a long time. and even had some info about it webmaster area how things were changing and that one should do certain things to continue to make there stuff work. DOESN"T AW2000 read or follow any of this stuff? Now the layout rolls out and I can't list, I can't update auctions that have ended and I'm leaving for vacation in 2 days. Why didn't AW for see this happening?

ok i'm done venting.
Amy :)

Anonymous
(Unregistered)
07/07/03 02:40 PM
Re: Ebay's new layout for auctions new [re: Anonymous]  

I Agree with you. Ebay has been advertising this change for months now. It appears that someone at AW2000, either fell asleep, or not following Ebay closely. For the kind of money we pay AW2000 per year now, you think they would be on the ball and get this rolling at least as soon as the ebay changes went into effect. We are almost paralyzed by this lack of attention to details and have to do everything manually.

Anonymous
(Unregistered)
07/07/03 03:06 PM

AW2K has had a number of advanced users beta-testing the new version for some time now. I'm sure it's just a matter of working out the final few bugs before we're notified of an update. I've been using the program for almost two years now and in that time we've always had an update within hours of any change.

Glenda

Anonymous
(Unregistered)
07/07/03 03:46 PM

Not to add more fuel to the fire but the new format has been up for well over 12 hours and we are up the creek without a paddle at the moment. I don't mind paying for annual maintenance but this lack of update is now costing me money.

Anonymous
(Unregistered)
07/07/03 04:15 PM

The problem is not with AW; it's an eBay "feature" in the new page that locks out all code by third party listing programs (AW included) from anywhere but the description area. If you try using one of the "standard" templates that came with AW that places the pics in the frame in the description area, it works fine. Check out the item below I just posted to the "Test: General" area.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2939379628

No more pretty full page backgrounds, no more fancy flying cursors, no more frills like moving text or flaching bars. If you want that nice pic in the upper LH corner, ya gotta pay da boss (eBay), see?

Anonymous
(Unregistered)
07/07/03 06:03 PM

What about us who don't care about full page frills, we'd just like to be able to list items. I do have a question. We have several high end items ending tonight, if we don't get an update, does that mean I won't be able to send these people WBN?

Yvonne

magicka
(journeyman)
07/07/03 10:34 PM

not only does the new ebay layout stink it prevent us from making the pages into decent looking presentations anymore...
the old ebay listing page was boring but useable enough, this one is not only ugly, but unintuitive and to be nice, a mess.

hopefully the good folks at AW2k are working on a way around being able to change the whole page as we type!

p.s. now more than ever we need the ability to put pictures in all parts of our auction listings (like right up top) since ebay is now pushing the actual description further down the page.

Edited by magicka on 07/07/03 11:26 PM (server time).

*Threaded Mode
Jump to

www.AuctionWizard2000.com | Contact Us Forums powered by WWWThreads