Listing
   >> eBay
Thread views: 8348 Previous threadView all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode

atyp1cal
(stranger )
08/02/03 05:23 PM
Have eBay categories changed?? new  

All of the sudden (today) I cannot post ANYTHING to eBay. Every attempted listing errors out on the category page.

Does anyone know if eBay has changed something?

So much for trying to queue up a bunch of listings to end on specific days and times! This is really not a good thing since it can end up costing some decent sales.

Has anyone here posted listings manually and put them into AW later? How does that work (sigh)?

Cheers,
Andy

Tradeguy
(member)
08/02/03 05:55 PM
Re: Have eBay categories changed?? [re: atyp1cal]  

Something must of changed on Ebay since yesterday preventing new listings from working. Re-listings, however, work fine.

I've already reported this to Thom, along with error logs. He is working on a new update as I type this...

If Ebay was nice enough to inform anybody about when they change things (this change is NOT listed anywhere on Ebay), everyone that uses auction management software wouldn't live in the constant state of imminent crisis.

My last management software took about a month to respond to changes - be ecstatic we get 24 hour response on almost everything from Thom.

Rich

atyp1cal
(stranger )
08/02/03 06:09 PM
Re: Have eBay categories changed?? new [re: Tradeguy]  

You gotta dig for the info. It was posted in the announcements on 8/1. Great! How the hell can an IT shop as large as ebay not think about the consequences of their actions? I managed a decent size web farm (among other IT assets) and would have been fired mighty fast if I "forgot" little details like that.

Yeah, I am not ticked off at Thom. I hope I wasn't sounding like that. I just sent a rather "nice" note to ebay's powerseller support requesting the CEO's email and mailing address.

This really did not make my night. Considering that ebay just screwed me recently with a bug which they were aware of but neglected to mention (a guy buys 3 items on a multiple item listing, 1 remains but he is told he bought only 1 - final value fees charged for all 3!). Since I use multiple item listings often this cost me a fair number of sales. To top it off ebay claims my insertion fees are not refundable?! Hey, you guys intriduced the bug and reduced my quantity - the hell they are not!

Anyhow, I am just venting, sorry. Not a good week on ebay..

Thanks for effort, Thom!!

Cheers,
Andy

ralphmc
(stranger )
08/02/03 07:04 PM

Ok Guys, if Ebay can scrue us with out getting hurt, then why don't we fight with there own wappens???

so I did, I put in all new auctions older "current" Auction IDs so that AW2K can relist the itme, and YEAAA it works, I can get all my auction out on Ebay's currupted site!

good luck,
ralph

help4pc

Tradeguy
(member)
08/02/03 07:16 PM
Re: Have eBay categories changed?? new [re: atyp1cal]  

Hehe...I found that mention on Ebay. Still not exactly sure what it means ;-)

On that multiple listing bug - I think I ran into that one myself several weeks ago. I reported it to powerseller support, and they replied that it was definately a bug, and they would fix it. In my case, someone bought 2 items, ebay's email said 2, and reduced the total count by 2 - but the purchase details only showed one.

Actually, I haven't run into too many Ebay bugs. If you want bugs, go to Yahoo. Before I was able to put up my first listing, I had to deal with about 4 major bugs preventing an accurate listing.

Anyways...Thom just came out with the update. made my night!

Rich

atyp1cal
(stranger )
08/03/03 01:21 AM

They had a few "issues' let's just say. But that isn't even the point. They are so big they forget all about what customer service is. Every time I ask them a question they give me a boiler plate reply. Ticks me off. With the multiple item bug I made sure I explained exactly what was going on, including auction Ids. They refund the final value fees and close the email with "..you know that insertion fees are not refundable". Oh yeah? According to what court? I didn't cancel my own listing and cost myself 5 sales - they did. I replied "unacceptable. Get your manager to reply" and poof, they became refundable. All those email should not be necessary.

Yeah, I agree - Thom made my nigh as well. My listings got out late so they will not close at the time I wanted them to but that isn't Thom's fault, of course.

Yahoo! I love their rates - hate their sell-through which is almost non-existant for my products. These days I only post there on their free days. :)

Cheers,
Andy

atyp1cal
(stranger )
08/03/03 01:46 AM

Hey, talk about Yahoo and free days - I just got 84 emails from Yahoo about auctions that closed without a winning bidder. 3 sales and 84 misses - guess their free day was 10 days ago. ;-)

Cheers,
Andy

Previous threadView all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode
Jump to

www.AuctionWizard2000.com | Contact Us Forums powered by WWWThreads