Listing
   >> eBay
Thread views: 6774 Previous threadView all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode

Anonymous
(Unregistered)
02/06/04 08:39 PM
Support for e-Bay UPS Calculated shipping method?  

I have used AW2000 since 2002, it has served me well, but seems to be falling behind e-bay features, and as such is no longer as efficient. If and when will support be added for the calculated shipping method? This is very usefull for non-fixed shipping cost listings, and enables a direct link to UPS. Please advise asap, thank you.

Anonymous
(Unregistered)
02/07/04 07:00 AM
Re: Support for e-Bay UPS Calculated shipping method? new [re: Anonymous]  

No Problem. Build your own and insert it as an HTML Page Component in AW. The code is available free from UPS. Check out the item number below on eBay to see how it works. Email the seller from the item page if you're interested in a copy of the code.

Anonymous
(Unregistered)
02/07/04 01:41 PM

Hello,
Thank you for the reply. I have previously placed html code in my listings for the purpose of allowing the purchaser to calculate shipping, but this does not integrate with e-bay's automatic checkout as is the case when you select the e-bay Calculated Shipping listing method. It would be very nice if AW2000 had fields for package size, weight, and calculated shipping method (fed to e-bay when listed), so listing with this calculated shipping feature would be easy.
My current workaround is to either use fixed shipping, or place the UPS html code in the listing (which requires a seperate template for each listing as the package size and weight has to be changed for each item), and then the buyer can calculate the shipping and even enter into e-bay upon win for final payment. Just not as clean though.

Perhaps I am missing something? Thanks,

Anonymous
(Unregistered)
02/07/04 05:25 PM

Use the "<#Userx>" variables to insert the weight, length, height into your template. Like:
<#User1> = weight
<#User2> = length
<#User3> = width
<#User4> = height

Anonymous
(Unregistered)
02/09/04 02:55 PM

Is there any intention to support this feature in future versions of the software? I have yet to figure out how people are able to offer fixed-price shipping quotes without worrying about coming up short on the final shipping costs, and the calculate shipping feature built into eBay is a real nice feature. It seems to me that this wouldn't be too hard to add into the program, and several other smaller packages offer it.

Previous threadView all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode
Jump to

www.AuctionWizard2000.com | Contact Us Forums powered by WWWThreads