Listing
   >> eBay
Thread views: 6711 *Threaded Mode

Tradeguy
(member)
10/30/04 09:59 AM
Ebay login prob - related to SP2??  

Okay, I've been reading a lot of the boards and asking a lot of questions, and far as I can tell the only people having AW2K Ebay login problems are running XP w/ SP2 (service pack 2). While there are a lot of people running XP/SP2 and NOT having the problem, I have yet to find anyone running XP/SP1 or other Windows versions having this problem.

I've done some research on the problem and the whole thing may boil down to a combination of SP2's increased security and Ebay's new move to a secure login. There are a number of internet sites using secure logins that are getting flooded with login problems.

The solution may be this, that I found on another board:

In reply to:

If you have installed Windows XP SP2, you must add the <secure web site> to your trusted sites, and to the list of manage sites under the privacy section for managing cookies. If you do not add the site to both of these area, you will have cookie and login problems.

SP2 for XP has increased it security efforts, and the above will be the norm for most sites you visit which utilize cookies for authentication. Thanks.

Could someone try this? I can't install SP2 on my PC yet (major problems with 64-bit processors).

Thanks!
Rich

sschnege
(Unregistered)
11/03/04 06:36 PM
Re: Ebay login prob - related to SP2?? new [re: Tradeguy]  

Not just XP SP2... I'm having problems and none of my boxes are running XP SP2. They seem to be more related to the SSL changes made in eBay-land recently.

Tonight, I'm having trouble updating completed auctions *and* pushing new auctions up...

Tradeguy
(member)
11/03/04 06:47 PM
Re: Ebay login prob - related to SP2?? new [re: sschnege]  

I'd agree with you there. Took me 5 tries to list 5 items...lol.

Something is going on. I've also never seen "ebay login failed" before tonight - I was getting it every time I started to list - but it worked after retrying.

Very odd...

Rich

*Threaded Mode
Jump to

www.AuctionWizard2000.com | Contact Us Forums powered by WWWThreads