Listing
   >> eBay
Thread views: 9446 Previous threadView all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode

celestial
(Unregistered)
06/09/02 01:27 PM
Ebay Gallery Graphic new  

Help!
I am just not getting how Auctionwizard works here.
I have launched numerous auctions now through AW but half the time my Ebay Gallery graphic is wrong.
AW seems to keep a previous graphic file path and inserts it into all of my ebay listings when I launch.

Can someone explain the exact procedure for listing (automatically) and adding an ebay gallery graphic?

AW does not seem to automatically assume I want the first graphic attached to my Auction Lot as the Gallery Image Path.
Wouldn't this be a logical improvement to make to the program?

Any help would be appreciated, since going in and manually correcting all my gallery images takes longer than just listing manually through Ebay in the first place.

Thanks

Susan

AuctionWizardAdministrator
(Auction Wizard Team)
06/10/02 09:44 AM
Re: Ebay Gallery Graphic new [re: celestial]  

When listing on eBay using the Gallery option, the first image on each Auction Lot is used as the Gallery image as long as a Listing Template is selected for the Auction Lot and the Auction Lot has at least one image.

If both of these conditions are not met, then the image referenced in the Picture URL field on the "List Auctions on eBay" window is used as the Gallery image.

Please contact technical support at info@auctionwizard2000.com and we will help you track down the cause of the problem.

-- The Auction Wizard Team

Anonymous
(Unregistered)
06/12/02 10:58 PM
Re: Ebay Gallery Graphic new [re: AuctionWizard]  

Are you saying that I should not fill in a "picture URL or filename" just as I am launching my acution in the "list gallery graphic" box in Auction Wizard?

I have noticed the name of any graphic it contains is always the graphic from the auction I had previously launched.
So, since that is not the picture url I want for that auction, I click browse and find the correct graphic file and upload it, then launch my auction lot.
Are you saying I should leave that box blank?? and Ebay will assume I want the first graphic that I sent with my auction as my gallery graphic?

Please clarify.
Thanks
Susan

(Auction Wizard Team)
06/13/02 01:01 PM
Re: Ebay Gallery Graphic new [re: celestial]  

As long as you select a Listing Template and have at least one image added to each of your Auction Lots, the Gallery image is handled automatically. You may be getting the Galery image and the Picture URL confused.

The Picture URL field on the "List Auctions on eBay" dialog box should not be blank. In virtually all cases it should be set once and never changed. The Picture URL field needs some explanation.

eBay uses the value in the Picture URL field to display a picture below your item descriptions. It also triggers the addition of the "pic" icon in search results and category lists. However, Auction Wizard 2000 already includes all of your images within the item description itself (as part of your Listing Template). In order to get the "pic" icon to appear on eBay, something needs to go in this field.

The Picture URL field should contain the URL of an image you want to appear below ALL of your Auction Profile's listings. The default value (http://pics.ebay.com/aw/pics/dot_clear.gif) refers to a blank image on eBay's website. If you use the default Picture URL, the "pic" icon will appear next to all of your listings in search results and category lists. The image itself cannot be seen below your listings.

You can use a different image for the Picture URL. If you know the URL of an existing image, you can enter it into the Picture URL field. You can also select an image file from your local hard drive to use for the Picture URL by clicking the Upload Picture button next to the Picture URL field. A dialog box is displayed to help you locate the image file you want to use. The selected image file is then uploaded to your web space and its URL is automatically entered into the Picture URL field. Use this capability to place a company logo or eBay Powerseller logo beneath all of your Auction Profile's listings.

The simplest solution in your case would be to put the default value (http://pics.ebay.com/aw/pics/dot_clear.gif) back into the Picture URL field. That should eliminate the problem.

celestialights
(Unregistered)
06/14/02 03:37 AM

I appreciate your letter and Thom's phone call. BUT it still does the same thing.
I understand and followed these instructions. I put the clear pic file name into the URL field.
I checked that "add to ebay gallery" option was check.
I had auction listings with graphics attached.
I qued them and launched them to Ebay tonight.

Still the same problem. I have no gallery images on my auctions!

Here is the number of one of my auctions:
my user name on ebay is celestialights

HELP again please!!

Susan

(Auction Wizard Team)
06/14/02 12:40 PM
Re: Ebay Gallery Graphic [re: celestialights]  

All of your listings have Gallery images. You must be confusing the Gallery with the "Title Bar Picture".

A Title Bar Picture shows in the top of a listing next to the Title and Item #. They are only shown on listing pages. That is completely different from Gallery images. Gallery images show in your seller's list, in search results, and in the Gallery view (there is a Gallery view for each category on eBay).

Title Bar Pictures are not supported by Auction Wizard 2000. You have to use eBay Picture Services in order to use Title Bar Pictures. Auction Wizard 2000 does not support eBay Picture Services (which saves you money because eBay Picture Services charges per picture). Title Bar Pictures do not help in promoting your listings because they only show on listing pages.

Gallery images can be helpful in promoting your listings because they appear in your seller's list, in search results and in Gallery views. Gallery images draw bidders to view your listings.

celestial
(Unregistered)
06/14/02 11:53 PM

HI agian,
You are correct, I looked in the Ebay Gallery search and did find my auctions had gallery images, thank God!

But there is still a mystery here. Normally when an auction is listed on ebay manually Ebay displays it at the bottom of the listing screen along with your image's url so you can approve it or change it just before submitting the auction.

This is also true if you want to revise an auction, the gallery graphic is displayed at the bottom of the listing page along with it's url.

Well, for some odd reason when I launch these auctions through Auction Wizard. then go into Ebay and actually call up my auction using the Revise option (so I could look to see the correct Gallery graphic and URL arrived) My auctions do not display either a graphic or it's corresponding URL.
Nor can I change this, normally I could change the URL of a gallery graphic.

I cannot understand this, and don't know if it is a bug or normal for auctions launched through AW2000.

Has anyone else had this happen?

Previous threadView all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode
Jump to

www.AuctionWizard2000.com | Contact Us Forums powered by WWWThreads