Listing
   >> eBay
Thread views: 9434 Previous threadView all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode

tjc
(stranger )
09/20/05 05:46 PM
Mass Revisions of Auction Listings new  

Hello! Please welcome a newbie to your forum. In fact to any forum or discussion group. However, I'm not new to selling on eBay.

My questions might already have been answered somewhere in one of your forums or perhaps could be answered if I downloaded the AuctionWizard 2000 trial or perused the documentation, both of which I have not done. So I apologize if I have not thoroughly searched the forum topics.

Let's assume I have 500 active eBay auctions and I need to change the same info in all of the auction listings. Can I input the change in an AuctionWizard window or field one time only and have AuctionWizard revise all 500 active eBay auctions en masse without having to revise each auction individually?

Now, can I group my auctions by category in some fashion and make an en masse change to only a particular group?

Many thanks for any answers and taking the time to respond.

Sincerely,

TJ

tictictic_OnEbay
(newbie)
09/21/05 02:27 AM
Re: Mass Revisions of Auction Listings new [re: tjc]  

Well, you didn't get any quick answers to this, so I suppose you concluded it couldn't be done.

As far as batch-editing your AW templates, Thom says it's impossible, but there are programs out there that advertise as being able to batch-edit virtually any file type. I'm waiting for someone to volunteer to be the guinea pig to try this.

And regarding batch-editing/revising ongoing auctions, that's something I think eBay should enable.

tjc
(stranger )
09/21/05 10:50 AM
Re: Mass Revisions of Auction Listings new [re: tictictic_OnEbay]  

Thanks for your reply.

I'm having a hard time believing that this can't be done. Are you implying that eBay will not allow this? Will not allow it if you're playing outside the bounds of the eBay API? If that's the case then I'm assuming it is allowed if you're part of eBay's developer program and using their API.

How does an eBay powerseller with 100s of auctions change a shipping fee in all of their auctions? Individually?

tictictic_OnEbay
(newbie)
09/21/05 11:43 AM

Hi tjc,

I have no idea if eBay allows this. All I know is that on the occasions when I have needed to revise a dozen or so auctions, adding or changing the same thing in each one, I've wished I could do it batch-wise. I know nothing about the eBay's developer program or using their API. That's something you could probably ask Thom Withgott about. And I'm sure one of the Powersellers on this board could answer your question better than I. I've never had more than about 60 auctions running at any given time.

tictictic

AuctionWizardAdministrator
(Auction Wizard Team)
09/21/05 11:55 AM

There are some actions that can be performed and some fields that can be changed on multiple Auction Lots at the same time. This is done from the "Grid View" tab on the Auction Lots window. The help file lists the actions that can be performed and the fields that can be changed. Look for "Auction Lots window,Data Fields" in the help index. When the help topic is displayed scroll down to the "Grid View tab" section.

-- The Auction Wizard Team

Tradeguy
(enthusiast)
09/27/05 11:42 AM
Re: Mass Revisions of Auction Listings [re: tjc]  

If youere talking about auctions already ON Ebay, I don't know of any auction software or service that will allow you to mass change anything.

If you're talking about changing your auction database - like AW2K - then by using the tools provided, you can mass change thousands of auctions with only a few edits. The trick is judicious use of AW2K listing templates (use as few as possible), and auction profiles. I've had as many as 2000 running ebay auctions, but I only use 4 templates, and 3 profiles. So changing my policy statements text within each auction only requires editing 4 templates. Changing something like return policies or the "notes from seller" is kept on a per profile basis (that screen you get in AW2K before you list) - only 3 edits.

The only stuff that's hard to mess with are item specific things - like actual shipping cost (if youy flat fee it) or item prices. Those have to be manually edited.

tjc
(stranger )
10/15/05 04:34 PM
Re: Mass Revisions of Auction Listings new [re: Tradeguy]  

Dear tradeguy,

Yes, I was talking about current auctions already running on eBay. For instance, I would like to be able to change the shipping charges on a number of running auctions without having to edit each one individually within the confines of eBay. Doing this task individually is very cumbersome and time consuming. I'm sure some enterprising individual will provide this service in the future. That is, if eBay allows it.

Anyway, thanks to all of you for your responses.

Sincerely,

TJC

magicka
(journeyman)
10/25/05 12:35 PM

could probably be done with a script to make it automatic. but i dont think theres any way you can change multiple auctions that are already listed on eBay at the same time.

What you may be seeing is when sellers use templates that link to data fileds outside of ebay in their listing. that field could be updated and therefore the price changes in the auction display but not in the actual listing.

Previous threadView all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode
Jump to

www.AuctionWizard2000.com | Contact Us Forums powered by WWWThreads