Listing
   >> eBay
Thread views: 6642 Previous threadView all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode

dennisk
(stranger )
03/20/06 06:57 AM
Listin Fixed Price $.10 promotions  

Is there an easy way to do this? It is almost impossible to go back on 100 + listings to delete the starting price, then reverse the procedure later on for regular listings.
Thanks!!!
DennisK

tictictic_OnEbay
(newbie)
03/22/06 02:27 PM
Re: Listin Fixed Price $.10 promotions new [re: dennisk]  

Could you post a little more detail on this? Do you mean you want to bulk-edit your eBay listings? Or you want to bulk-edit your AW items/your listing templates?

dennisk
(stranger )
03/22/06 08:38 PM
Re: Listin Fixed Price $.10 promotions new [re: tictictic_OnEbay]  

Thanks for thed reply. I would like to bulk edit the listings. I have not given the process much thought, but if I enter a starting price and a BIN price in each auction, when listing the auctions, a window will appear that asks if I want to list just starting, BIN or both. This way, when Ebay offers the $.10 listing promotion, I can list the auctions without having to delete the price in the start price field, enter a BIN price, list the auctions, and then reverse the whole thing after. A job too big when hundreds of items could be listed.
Is this clearer now?
Thanks!!!

tictictic_OnEbay
(newbie)
03/22/06 11:54 PM
Re: Listin Fixed Price $.10 promotions new [re: dennisk]  

Well, it's a little clearer. I'll assume you're talking about listings you are creating within AW, not creating or editing listings on eBay.

And I think you are asking about entering a price in both the Starting Bid and Buy Price fields in the Lots window. I've had an eBay Store for only a few days, so someone else will have to answer that part of your question. Before a couple minutes ago, I'd only used the Starting Price field, and that has become the BIN price for my store listings. But I did just gave this a try -- filled in both a BIN price and a different Start Price for an offline Lot, queued it, listed it, and that popup question you referred to ("do you want to list just starting, BIN or both") never appeared -- only the Buy Price showed in the listing window and on the resulting Store item. So I guess I'm not doing exactly what you're doing.

Anyway, I think you are wondering if there is a fast way to switch to the auction format when eBay has the $.10 promotion day. Is that it?

What if you created a new Profile just for this purpose and wrote all your Store auctions with BIN prices, then duplicated each one just before listing it, then after submitting the listing(s), you go to all those new, Never Listed auctions, switch them to the new Profile, remove the BINs and enter the Start prices. And then you set that Profile as inactive until you need it, and when the promotion day arrives, filter for Show Auction Lots for Profile 10-Cent Day. Would that work?

Thing is.....all your Store items would still be online, wouldn't they??

Best I can come up with. Some of the AW geniuses will be able to brainstorm this better than I.

tictictic

Previous threadView all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode
Jump to

www.AuctionWizard2000.com | Contact Us Forums powered by WWWThreads