Listing
   >> eBay
Thread views: 8675 Previous threadView all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode

tictictic_OnEbay
(journeyman)
04/13/06 04:22 PM
Link Auction Gallery on eBay auction pages new  

Do any of you who have AW Websites/Auction Galleries include a link to your website on your eBay listings? I asked Live Chat about this just now and was told the problem was that the Gallery includes a link to AuctionWizard2000.com, a site where non-eBay things are for sale. This is, of course, the same link that is at the bottom of our listings (assuming we allow it). But I know eBay has a policy disallowing links that can take the bidder two jumps away from the auction page -- or something like that. But it's the SAME link they allow on our auctions, so why would there be an objection? Anyone have any knowledge on this? Am I liable to get my listings stopped if I include links to my AW Auction Gallery Website? And if so, is there a way to remove the AW link from the Website template?

Thanks, tictictic

tictictic_OnEbay
(journeyman)
04/19/06 05:29 PM
Re: Link Auction Gallery on eBay auction pages new [re: tictictic_OnEbay]  

A member (thanks G.) replied privately with instructions for removing the link to AW2000 from any listing or website template. Here's what he wrote:

It's pretty simple to remove the link to AW2k at the bottom of each eBay auction. Get to any auction, either live or off line. Click at the top of the page on the "TOOLS" menu. Then click on "HTML TEMPLATE MANAGER". Select any template and click on edit. When the edit page opens up click on "FILE" and then click on "OPTIONS". Then click on "Show Auction Wizard 2000 Link". It will turn it off - if it is on or turn it on if it is off. Hope this helps.

Perfect! Now I don't need to worry about the eBay cops arresting my auctions.

Thanks again mystery poster.

tictictic

bluepennylady
(Unregistered)
04/28/06 05:36 AM

tictictic,

Just so you will know, eBay allows 3rd party credit links on Auction listing pages. The 3rd party link can link the viewer to the 3rd parties website. I have pasted the eBay Lnk Policy URL so you'll have it for easy reference concerning linkage.

http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/listing-links.html

eBay or most any other Auction venue do not allow links off their website if a viewer can buy an item outside their marketplace within 3 clicks. In short, 3 landing pages away.

Hope that helps a bit

Judy
bluepennylady

tictictic_OnEbay
(journeyman)
04/28/06 11:31 AM
Re: Link Auction Gallery on eBay auction pages [re: bluepennylady]  

Hi Judy,

Thanks for the reference to the eBay policy on this. I read it a couple weeks ago and still had questions, so I logged into eBay's Live Customer Service. I referred the person to my AW website (at that time, the AW link was still at the bottom). They indicated that because the link would take a person to a site where they could buy something (the AW2k software), the link violated eBay's policies. So I took the link out. It's still at the bottom of all my auctions & Store listings.

tictictic

bluepennylady
(Unregistered)
04/28/06 07:23 PM

Hi, tictictic, Do you mean you included a link to your AW2000 generated website within the confines of your Auction listings?

Or that you included a link inside the Auction listing to www.auctionwizard2000.com? The only links allowed within the confines of the Auction description are links that further describe the item you are selling. e.g. linking a Cooper tool screwdriver back to the appropriate page at www.cooperhandtools.com. But it is perfectly acceptable to have the credit to AW2000 below the listing template as it is placed by default.

What is it exactly that you are trying to do with links? Where or what are you trying to link? There are perfectly legal methods to include links that end up where you want.

Judy
bluepennylady

tictictic_OnEbay
(journeyman)
04/28/06 07:47 PM
Re: Link Auction Gallery on eBay auction pages new [re: bluepennylady]  

Hi again Judy,

I allow the default link to AW at the bottom of my auctions & Store items.

I added an HTML link as part of a formatted-text page component in my listing templates. This is the link:

<A HREF="http://bellat.pair.com/tic/aw2k/Views_and_Previews.html"><font size="5"><FONT COLOR="BLUE">Click here to visit tictictic's Auction Gallery</font></A>

This link opens my AW-generated website. Originally, there was a link at the bottom of my website (the same link that AW places by default in our auctions) which would take visitors to auctionwizard2000.com, where they could conceivably buy the AW2k software. On the advice of the eBay Support employee, I have now removed that link from my AW-generated website. Silly, because it's exactly the same link that is allowed in our auctions.

My purpose for including the link to my AW-generated website is to invite shoppers to view ALL my auctions on one page.

tictictic

bluepennylady
(stranger )
04/28/06 08:07 PM

Hi,

That is what I thought but I wanted to make sure. There is a work around that is perfectly legal both on eBay and Overstock.

You can place a link on your eBay's About Me page that links back to your Corporate website "About Us" or whatever you call your personal page on your own website.

On that personal page have no links other than navigation. Then on the other pages, you can include all the links you want. One to your AW2000 generated websites and a link back to www.auctionwizard2000.com. As many as you want. The links would then be within the 3 landing page rule.

My links are set up that way. I have (I have lost count) how many AW2000 generated websites on my Corporate website. The AW2000 generated websites are used to categorize product to make is easier for viewers to find goodies. People routinely email from my website requesting "x" product they have seen.

You could also build a landing page inbetween the link on your Auctions and your Gallery. That landing page would then have another link to your AW2000 generated website. So then you could include the link to AW2000.

Either way will work. You will be surprised how many buyers will click through.

Judy
bluepennylady

Previous threadView all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode
Jump to

www.AuctionWizard2000.com | Contact Us Forums powered by WWWThreads