Listing
   >> eBay
Thread views: 60155 *Threaded Mode

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)
Marlya
(Unregistered)
07/10/06 07:03 PM
Re: Relisting is not working [re: bluepennylady]  

After 2 weddings just 2 weeks apart and some recovery...I was able to sit down and take a good look at what was happening. I never got a page returned by eBay about the selling form until tonight and I even looked through my preferences and never found it there either at Judys' suggestion, but eBay returned a page about the selling form and now all is well. I want to thank everyone for their help, specially Judy!!!!!

Marlya

bluepennylady
(journeyman)
07/10/06 08:14 PM
Re: Relisting is not working [re: Marlya]  

Maryla,

Oh my bless your heart. 2 weddings in 2 weeks. I have been there done that and I was exhausted. Our twins sons were married one week apart. In the middle of the week, our daughter graduated high school and our foreign exchange daughter went back to Spain. I can relate!!

I am so glad you got the relist problem fixed. I wonder why in the world it took so long of the return page to pop up. No worries though you are good to go. That is after you recover! You better take a few days off just to re-coup .

Judy/blue

lindanorby
(stranger )
09/10/06 06:08 AM
Re: Relisting is not working new [re: bluepennylady]  

I've been trying since last night to relist items,and it's plain not working. New listings are fine...but, when I try to relist through AW, eBay invokes the new seller's form, not the old one. So, I change it to use the old seller's form, try it again, and eBay still invokes the new seller form.

Is anyone else having this problem?

Linda

AquilaStamps
(journeyman)
09/10/06 06:24 AM
Re: Relisting is not working new [re: lindanorby]  

Linda:
Are you using the Beta version of AW2K? If you are, it is my understanding, that the listing form you are using shouldn't matter. There may be other problems with what you are trying to relist. I don't mean you haven't done something correctly but I have found that sometimes when a relist doesn't work that if I put in $0.00 for Additional Item Ship charge that will let the item list.

If you are using the Non-Beta version of AW2K I would check to see that the duration has been set properly if you have gone from auction to store format or that the old duration isn't still in there under store format. As you know there are now only two choices 30 or GTC.

None of this may help and I wish I could offer other advice. Have you tried relisting just one item so that you can be taken to the eBay page to find out what it thinks is the problem? That often works - just list one item rather than a multiple listing and see what transpires when the software asks you if you want to see the eBay error page.

Garry

lindanorby
(stranger )
09/10/06 06:36 AM
Re: Relisting is not working new [re: AquilaStamps]  

Hi AquilaStamps,

I'm not using the Beta version. This is a problem that has been recurring for the last couple of months. Usually, when I look at the page eBay returns, I can back out of it, change it to "use the old selling form," and it works fine. This time though, no matter how many times I try to change it back, eBay keeps invoking the "new selling form."

I tried over and over to re-list just one item - I tried over and over to automatically re-list all items - all with the same error. (don't they say the true definition of insanity is to keep doing the same thing over and over but expect a different result?).

Listing new is no problem. And if I take out the item number in AW, it'll list just fine - problem, though, is that eBay is seeing it as a new listing instead of re-list, so I won't get a refund if the item sells the second time around.

I really think this is an eBay issue, not AW. I read somewhere that eBay has arbitrarily decided who should use the new listing form, and that's it...written in stone, even though "they" eBay non-support told me about a month ago I could change it.

I'll be glad when the new AW comes out because that's my understanding too....it won't matter which listing form is used.

In the meantime, what I'm going to have to do is re-list through eBay (it'll let me do that), and manually enter the new item numbers and durations in AW.

Sigh,

Linda

bluepennylady
(enthusiast)
09/10/06 06:42 AM

LInda,

eBay has changed the Sell Your Item form. Log into your eBay account, go to "Sell" on that page there is an option to select the OLD form. Select the old form and then try listing again.

I have had several users email me in the last few days with the same problem.

Judy/blue

bluepennylady
(enthusiast)
09/10/06 06:44 AM
Re: Relisting is not working new [re: bluepennylady]  

Linda,

And so you will know. eBay servers have been throwing erratic errors like this for 3 days. You might be able to list later today.

Selecting the old form should remain intact. Be sure and read all the fine print. eBay may have made changes to the selection process again. I will check on it later today for you.

Judy/blue

AquilaStamps
(journeyman)
09/10/06 07:01 AM

Linda:
Sorry I couldn't help. It seems as if you are correct in that eBay did decide which form you are going to use. Just based on the problem you are having now with relisting I would strongly suggest that you download and use the BETA version of AW2K. You will never want to go back. The speed in uploading and downloading is unbelievable. Also because you will be using eBay's api - if you can relist on their page then you will be able to relist using AW2K - in that it is the same process being used.

So really you should convert to the BETA. It is an easy process, Thom has a great short explaination of what to do to make the conversion painless. And once it is over you'll ask why you didn't do it earlier.

Your definition of insanity - hmm - it includes me that's for sure. I can truly identify with it.

Garry

lindanorby
(stranger )
09/10/06 07:35 AM
Re: Relisting is not working new [re: AquilaStamps]  

Garry...will downloading the Beta affect any of the auctions I have running now or the ones I have queued for "re-listing."

Ya know...I saw on TV where IHop has the most scrumptious looking french toast with all kinds of gook on it...after last night and this morning with eBay, and my husband just getting my new desk set up, me getting wires untangled so I could just get them all tangled again when I put my computer back together, I think we deserve french toast, made by somebody other than me :-)

Linda

bluepennylady
(enthusiast)
09/10/06 11:26 AM

Linda,

I agree with Garry, download the Beta. It will have no affect on your current auctions or queued auctions. The change is the manner in which AW2K communicates with eBay.

Judy/blue

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)
*Threaded Mode
Jump to

www.AuctionWizard2000.com | Contact Us Forums powered by WWWThreads