Listing
   >> eBay
Thread views: 60169 *Threaded Mode

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)
Marlya
(Unregistered)
06/28/06 06:53 AM
Relisting is not working  

I am unable to relist any auctions. When I try, the page returned by eBay wants me to put in the shipping, but I am using calculated shipping. Anyone else having this problem? Any ideas on a fix? I did email Thom, but have not recieved an answer yet. Is he on vacation? (-: Thanks for any help you can offer. Marlya

bluepennylady
(journeyman)
06/28/06 09:19 AM
Re: Relisting is not working new [re: Marlya]  

Hi,

If you are using Calculated shipping options, the first thing to check is the Postal services offered for Domestic and International are allowable for the weights you have used.

Be sure you do not have 2 of the same choices on Domestic and International. e.g. 2 First class choices or 2 Parcel choices, etc.

Next be sure you have selected the countries to which you will ship on all offered services. \

eBay is not allowing Airmail Letter Post for a great deal of packages. So if you have offered AirMail Letter Post as an option, you probably will need to select another service in its place.

Try that and see if it works better.

Judy/blue

bluepennylady
(journeyman)
06/28/06 09:37 AM
Re: Relisting is not working new [re: bluepennylady]  

Oh yes,

Thom is not on vacation. I don't think the man ever leaves his computer. I am convinced he must have his pillow and blanket at the monitor screen :o)

He is in a different time zone

Judy/blue

bluepennylady
(journeyman)
06/28/06 09:43 AM

Maryla,

I just submitted 30 relists to be sure eBay had not made changes. Those are submitting fine.

Also be sure you are running the newest version of AW2000. There was a program update released yesterday morning. Although, it corrected an updating change, you should still download the update before you do anything else. That is if you haven't already downloaded and installed the update :o)

Judy/blue

Marlya
(Unregistered)
06/29/06 02:12 PM

Thanks everyone. These were relists with the same info and they listed fine the first time around. I'll check all the shipping again and make sure nothings changed. My pc did a major crash within 2 hours after I first noticed the relist problem, so that could have something to do with it too. Although I thought it would fine now as everything else is. I'll report back with my findings and/or troubles....Marlya

bluepennylady
(journeyman)
06/29/06 02:23 PM

Maryla,

Bless your heart. Computer crash is never fun. I hope you had a backup of your database??

Please do let us know how the next attempt goes. Good, bad or indifferent :o)

Judy/blue

Marlya
(Unregistered)
06/30/06 11:08 AM

Yes, I had a back up, thank you. However, I have the lastest release, checked my shipping etc...and am still unable to relist any ended auctions. What next? Marlya

bluepennylady
(journeyman)
06/30/06 11:28 AM

Maryla,

If you offer International shipping, check the Airmail Letter post. eBay is kicking back AirMail letter post as an option sometimes.

Did you say you are using Flat rate? Or calculated?

If you are using Flat rate, try entering a value into the Addti'l item shipped field. Even if it is 0.

Calculated shipping. You indicated you checked the shipping options. Be sure none of the options have accidentally changed in the crash. e.g. First class appears when the package weighs 3 lbs and all countries to which you ship are still selected.

Have you tried to list new auctions? If you have not, try listing a new auction lot and see if that will submit.

If a new auction lot will not submit, be sure to check your eBay profile and make sure your credit card information is current.

Ask me how I know what happens if you allow your credit card on file at eBay to expire :o) You can't list :o)

If you are unable to list a new auction and your credit card on file is up to date. I suggest that you contact Thom at info@auctionwizard2000.com. AW2000 generates logs that will allow him to tell you how to correct the problem.

In either case, let us all know what was wrong and how you fixed it.

Judy/blue

Marlya
(Unregistered)
06/30/06 12:20 PM

New listings work fine, actually, all the relists that I wanted to do....I just took out the item number and they listed fine. So it's definately the relist auctions that are giving me fits. I'll email Thom again, I've never had to email him more than once, but this will be the third time for this issue. I know he is usually very prompt in answering, that's why I thought maybe he was on vac because he never replied back. Thanks again Judy.

bluepennylady
(journeyman)
06/30/06 12:29 PM

Maryla,

Do you mind emailing me directly at judy@pennyworthsales.com?

I would like to see your listing log.

Judy/blue

Marlya
(Unregistered)
07/10/06 07:03 PM

After 2 weddings just 2 weeks apart and some recovery...I was able to sit down and take a good look at what was happening. I never got a page returned by eBay about the selling form until tonight and I even looked through my preferences and never found it there either at Judys' suggestion, but eBay returned a page about the selling form and now all is well. I want to thank everyone for their help, specially Judy!!!!!

Marlya

bluepennylady
(journeyman)
07/10/06 08:14 PM

Maryla,

Oh my bless your heart. 2 weddings in 2 weeks. I have been there done that and I was exhausted. Our twins sons were married one week apart. In the middle of the week, our daughter graduated high school and our foreign exchange daughter went back to Spain. I can relate!!

I am so glad you got the relist problem fixed. I wonder why in the world it took so long of the return page to pop up. No worries though you are good to go. That is after you recover! You better take a few days off just to re-coup .

Judy/blue

lindanorby
(stranger )
09/10/06 06:08 AM

I've been trying since last night to relist items,and it's plain not working. New listings are fine...but, when I try to relist through AW, eBay invokes the new seller's form, not the old one. So, I change it to use the old seller's form, try it again, and eBay still invokes the new seller form.

Is anyone else having this problem?

Linda

AquilaStamps
(journeyman)
09/10/06 06:24 AM
Re: Relisting is not working new [re: lindanorby]  

Linda:
Are you using the Beta version of AW2K? If you are, it is my understanding, that the listing form you are using shouldn't matter. There may be other problems with what you are trying to relist. I don't mean you haven't done something correctly but I have found that sometimes when a relist doesn't work that if I put in $0.00 for Additional Item Ship charge that will let the item list.

If you are using the Non-Beta version of AW2K I would check to see that the duration has been set properly if you have gone from auction to store format or that the old duration isn't still in there under store format. As you know there are now only two choices 30 or GTC.

None of this may help and I wish I could offer other advice. Have you tried relisting just one item so that you can be taken to the eBay page to find out what it thinks is the problem? That often works - just list one item rather than a multiple listing and see what transpires when the software asks you if you want to see the eBay error page.

Garry

lindanorby
(stranger )
09/10/06 06:36 AM
Re: Relisting is not working new [re: AquilaStamps]  

Hi AquilaStamps,

I'm not using the Beta version. This is a problem that has been recurring for the last couple of months. Usually, when I look at the page eBay returns, I can back out of it, change it to "use the old selling form," and it works fine. This time though, no matter how many times I try to change it back, eBay keeps invoking the "new selling form."

I tried over and over to re-list just one item - I tried over and over to automatically re-list all items - all with the same error. (don't they say the true definition of insanity is to keep doing the same thing over and over but expect a different result?).

Listing new is no problem. And if I take out the item number in AW, it'll list just fine - problem, though, is that eBay is seeing it as a new listing instead of re-list, so I won't get a refund if the item sells the second time around.

I really think this is an eBay issue, not AW. I read somewhere that eBay has arbitrarily decided who should use the new listing form, and that's it...written in stone, even though "they" eBay non-support told me about a month ago I could change it.

I'll be glad when the new AW comes out because that's my understanding too....it won't matter which listing form is used.

In the meantime, what I'm going to have to do is re-list through eBay (it'll let me do that), and manually enter the new item numbers and durations in AW.

Sigh,

Linda

bluepennylady
(enthusiast)
09/10/06 06:42 AM

LInda,

eBay has changed the Sell Your Item form. Log into your eBay account, go to "Sell" on that page there is an option to select the OLD form. Select the old form and then try listing again.

I have had several users email me in the last few days with the same problem.

Judy/blue

bluepennylady
(enthusiast)
09/10/06 06:44 AM

Linda,

And so you will know. eBay servers have been throwing erratic errors like this for 3 days. You might be able to list later today.

Selecting the old form should remain intact. Be sure and read all the fine print. eBay may have made changes to the selection process again. I will check on it later today for you.

Judy/blue

AquilaStamps
(journeyman)
09/10/06 07:01 AM

Linda:
Sorry I couldn't help. It seems as if you are correct in that eBay did decide which form you are going to use. Just based on the problem you are having now with relisting I would strongly suggest that you download and use the BETA version of AW2K. You will never want to go back. The speed in uploading and downloading is unbelievable. Also because you will be using eBay's api - if you can relist on their page then you will be able to relist using AW2K - in that it is the same process being used.

So really you should convert to the BETA. It is an easy process, Thom has a great short explaination of what to do to make the conversion painless. And once it is over you'll ask why you didn't do it earlier.

Your definition of insanity - hmm - it includes me that's for sure. I can truly identify with it.

Garry

lindanorby
(stranger )
09/10/06 07:35 AM

Garry...will downloading the Beta affect any of the auctions I have running now or the ones I have queued for "re-listing."

Ya know...I saw on TV where IHop has the most scrumptious looking french toast with all kinds of gook on it...after last night and this morning with eBay, and my husband just getting my new desk set up, me getting wires untangled so I could just get them all tangled again when I put my computer back together, I think we deserve french toast, made by somebody other than me :-)

Linda

bluepennylady
(enthusiast)
09/10/06 11:26 AM

Linda,

I agree with Garry, download the Beta. It will have no affect on your current auctions or queued auctions. The change is the manner in which AW2K communicates with eBay.

Judy/blue

lindanorby
(stranger )
09/10/06 11:33 AM

Thanks Judy and all for all your help,

I'm going to download AW Beta later this evening.

Since I last wrote, eBay sent me an e-mail telling me that it's a known problem and they're working on it...that made my day. In my many years on eBay, I do think that's the first time I've got a response that quick, and one that says they know it's their fault.

L

bluepennylady
(enthusiast)
09/10/06 11:43 AM

Linda,

If you find you need help, just holler. I will be around all day.

Judy/blue

lindanorby
(stranger )
09/10/06 11:49 AM

Judy, I really appreciate that...I'm going to take a break right now 'cause we've been going all day (we did go get French toast, by the way)...

Then I'm going to come back here, and download AW Beta. Then I'm going to try somehow to get all these things re-listed even if I have to re-list thru eBay and manually key in the new item number and duration days. Plus, I have lots of new stuff to put up, and I'm looking forward to using Beta to do that... it's nice and comforting to know that I can come here if I run into trouble and can get some help! Bless you.

Linda

bluepennylady
(enthusiast)
09/10/06 12:10 PM

Linda,

I am going to take a break as well. But I am going to do laundry instead. My husband travels and just got home. His suitcases runneth over with dirty clothes. Off to the laundry room for me

thank goodness my daughter in laws are doing the dishes from lunch.

You won't have any difficulty listing with the API Beta version as far as the Sell YOur Item form. The API is a different form of communication and basically bypasses that form. But should you need help, I will be around.

Judy/blue

AquilaStamps
(journeyman)
09/10/06 12:11 PM

Linda:
No the BETA won't mess up anything it takes care of all of the changes for you. Just make sure, as Thom says, that you have a back up before you start the installation of the Beta and you will be ok.

Now as for the I-HOP. I'll meet you there. I love that place, I know it's an old school fast food place - but the sugar shock is out of this world. I'll be in the second booth from the back. and wearing syrup on my jacket.

Garry

AquilaStamps
(journeyman)
09/10/06 12:16 PM

Linda:

I'm surprised eBay answered that quickly. You should frame the letter and maybe even eBay it. It's a one of a kind! You should be able to sell that for a hunk of change.

Garry

lindanorby
(stranger )
09/10/06 12:16 PM

That was YOU!!!!!! If I had known, I would have gone over and introduced myself..

AquilaStamps
(journeyman)
09/10/06 12:22 PM

Linda:
LOL - I thought maybe that was you too. Maybe next time we can raise a glass of blueberry syrup together as a toast to AW2k.

Hope the downloading and installing is going well. Judy is a great help and knows a ton of answers - she is always willing to help anyone.

So go for it and I am sure you will be very pleased with the results of the BETA. It will make eBaying even easier than it has been with AW2K.

Garry

lindanorby
(stranger )
09/10/06 12:46 PM

I can't get the Beta version...apparently, there's been an update to the Beta, and since I never installed it to begin with, I can't do the update. And, the page that the original mail directed us to to install the Beta is now no longer available.

Do you think it'll be going live soon? Hope so.

AquilaStamps
(journeyman)
09/10/06 01:03 PM

Linda:

I just checked and the BETA is still available. You will have to download it and then download the patches. You can get the BETA at:

http://www.auctionwizard2000.com/updates/v23/Aw2kBetaU1250s.exe

You can also check here to get it as it has all of Thom's instructions. Just go to the main index page of this forum. Then look down two sub topics to ANNOUNCEMENTS. CLick on it. Then click on the second message - CALL FOR BETA TESTERS. Go almost to the end of the message and there you will find the link to download.

Once you get it and install it open up AW2K and click on TOOLS / CHECK ON PROGRAM UPDATES. That will take care of the patches Thom has issued.

Hope this helps.

Garry

bluepennylady
(enthusiast)
09/10/06 01:03 PM

Linda,

I checked the API Beta version installer, and it is working. Check the lower portion of the Call for Beta Testers announcement and click the installer link. After you install the Beta version, then you will need to install the patch. but you must install the Beta first.

Let me know if you still experience problems and I will email you the link.

Judy/blue

moonstruck22
(stranger )
09/10/06 07:49 PM

Hi all,
Just wanted to add my 2 cents, about the relisting error deal. I had the same problem Friday, Thom and I went back and for for a while but were able to get the problem fixed. It dealt with using the "old" vs. "new" selling form. I too went back and changed it back to the "old" but it didn't fix the problem. Finally I went into my cookies and deleted any there dealing with ebay. Went back to the site and logged in changed to the "old" sell page and the problem was fixed. So we assume that the cookies stored on our machine were not allowing us to "really" make the change, even tho it looked like we did. I notified Thom of the problem and he took note of it.
So there you go.
However since Friday afternoon, I have downloaded the BETA and listed this evening and I am amazed at the speed difference. Just absolutely wonderful. Way to go Thom and team once again!
Marty

mpmartin
(stranger )
09/10/06 08:02 PM

Hi everybody. I just signed up for the discussion boards to get some more help about this same problem. I haven't been able to re-list my auctions for 4 days now. I sent an email to Auction Wizard for help, but didn't get a response.

My shipping cost per additional item is a real number, and my CC info on ebay appears to be current.

I did manage to get my two listings from four days ago posted tonight as follows. Using the manual listing method, it asks if you want to see the error page for re-listing. Click 'yes', and it brings up the listing form in the browser. Click 'save and continue' at the bottom. The next form has some more options; just click 'submit my listing' at the bottom, and it's listed. Then in AW, cancel out of the listing windows, since it thinks it didn't work. For each listing, clear the auction item number, and change status to 'on line'. Then do 'Auction Site-->Download Auction IDs'.

It's an awkward way of doing it manually, but seems to be an effective workaround. I hope that helps someone, until they get the problem fixed. Good luck!

-- Mark

bluepennylady
(enthusiast)
09/10/06 08:31 PM
Re: Relisting is not working new [re: mpmartin]  

Mark,

Have you changed the Sell your ITem form back to the Old form? that is key in submitting listings. However, if all that doesn't work.I would absolutely download the Beta API version. It works and it is unbelievable.

Judy/blue

mpmartin
(stranger )
09/12/06 01:20 PM

Judy,
I got a response from Thom. It was real easy to change, once I knew what to do.

"Use your web browser to sign into the eBay website, then click
the "Sell" button at the top of the page. On the sell page there should be
an option at the top for switching back to the old version of the Sell
Your Item page. If that option appears, click on it."

That solved the problem.

I'm cautious about trying beta versions. From what I'm reading, it seems to be stable. When I get some time, I'll switch over.

Thanks,
Mark

bluepennylady
(enthusiast)
09/12/06 01:35 PM
Re: Relisting is not working new [re: mpmartin]  

Mark,

The Beta version is completely stable. But I understand your reluctance. Me, I am a lab rat nut. I love to test

You are one of the fortunate ones. Some users are stuck with the New form. ebay will not allow the user to select the old original form. I am very glad it works for you now. So off to listing for you

Judy/blue

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)
*Threaded Mode
Jump to

www.AuctionWizard2000.com | Contact Us Forums powered by WWWThreads