Listing
   >> eBay
Thread views: 7587 *Threaded Mode

smartiuk
(stranger )
08/27/06 10:52 AM
Revising online auctions on eBay new  

Hi!

If this question has already been asked and answered somewhere else I apologize.

I have just started to use AW2K and currently have over 400 auctions and store items running on eBay. I downloaded all of these into AW2K and would like to update them to AW2K formatted listings. Is there anyway I can update them in AW2K then update them on eBay without having to end all of them on eBay first and then relisting?

Thanks

bluepennylady
(member)
08/27/06 12:11 PM
Re: Revising online auctions on eBay new [re: smartiuk]  

Hi,

Welcome to AW2K!! Good decision to use it. And no need to apologize for asking questions. Heavens, sometimes the questions get buried way down in a thread and it is hard to find. Besides, asking any questions often prompts all of us to think about the way we do things. Good for the "ole mind

I am guessing you have gone through the Import online auctions into AW2K? And then importing has left a bunch of weird looking Auctions in the Auction lot window?

There are so many different ways you can handle what you want to do. And as many different opinions as well. So you can do what suits you. You can wait and edit the Auctions as they are ending. Or you can end the auctions, edit them and then re-list.

If you want all of your auctions to match right now, you will need to end all the auctions and then edit them in AW2K. When I use the term "match" I am referring to Listing templates, terms and conditions etc.

What I did when I started using AW2K, I imported all my Auctions. I edited nothing that was online. I only edited the offline auctions in AW2 that I wanted to relist again. Redid the descriptions, images, added the listing template I wanted. Then I used the "Preview Template" right under the Auction description in the Auction Lots Window. That way I could see if I really liked the listing template before I listed. Then I only listed a few auctions at a time. So I could see if I liked the way it looked after I had listed the auction lots. The change was easier to manage for me and my staff.

I did start managing backend functions cold turkey. Installed AW2K, started Invoicing that same day. Started creating Inventory Items, Auction lots etc. But I did not end any Online auctions. I just let them end at the End date and edited the Auction in AW2K after it had ended. Does that make sense?

Does that help?

Judy/blue

AquilaStamps
(newbie)
08/27/06 05:47 PM
Re: Revising online auctions on eBay new [re: smartiuk]  

Hi:
A second welcome to AW2K. Judy pretty much gave you all the options on updating auctions. One reason that I wouldn't advise ending everything on eBay and then relisting them with your new "stuff" in AW2K is the cost. You have already paid the listing fees on the auctions that are active. If you cancel them all and then relist them you will double your eBay costs for each of these auctions.

I too did the import thing when I started with AW2K. I had been using another software program and had done some templates in that. When I started here I fooled around trying to duplicate some of those templates and then realized that I was wasting time because there was so much that could be done in AW2K that it was foolish to try to recreate old stuff. I took a few of Thom's included templates and made them my own by tweeking them and moving stuff around. Once I was done with that I simply assigned the imported auctions one of the various new templates and waited for the auctions to close. Then I relisted where and when necessary.

One suggestion however, is to make sure that what you have downloaded from eBay has the correct auction number in AW2K. If for some reason it doesn't just cut and paste it in. The reason is that if the second time around it sells you get a listing credit from eBay.

This is a lot of stuff to simply say that I would hold on a few days and get all my ducks in a row with the new templates and then do my listings. eBay takes enough of our money without giving them double by closing the auction and then relisting. I think you are going to really enjoy all of the wonderful functionality in AW2K - it can do tons of things and you will be finding new stuff every day.

Good luck with your auctions and welcome to the AW2K extended family.

Garry

bluepennylady
(member)
08/27/06 06:01 PM
Re: Revising online auctions on eBay new [re: AquilaStamps]  

HI,

You know, since Garry mentioned tweeking the Aw2K Listing template he wanted to use, well, it brought something to mind. You might want to consider, after you find a template that is close to what you want, duplicate it and rename before you start "tweeking" If you make a mess, then you still have the original template to duplicate and start over. "Tweeking the original template, just isn't a real good idea.

Ask me how I know?? I tweeked in an original. Then wanted to create other listing templates from the same model and the original model had already been tweeked. And tweeked and tweeked again. Now without installing a new copy of AW2000 on a different computer, I can't even tell you what the original looks like. I get the "Bad dog no biscuit" award for that one

Judy/blue

AquilaStamps
(newbie)
08/27/06 09:06 PM
Re: Revising online auctions on eBay [re: bluepennylady]  

Judy:

Oh how right you are! I should have mentioned opening it to edit and then right away saving it under a new name. I too tweeked myself into a tweaking mess early on. I never did get it back exactly as it was. Good suggestion Judy . . . I should have thought to mention it earlier. Glad you thought of it otherwise I might have been a candidate for tar and feathering by future tweekers. I seem to remember that tictictic said she had hundreds of templates. That's another great thing of AW2K - you can template as much as you want - as long as your hard drive space holds out.

Garry

bluepennylady
(member)
08/28/06 05:24 AM
Re: Revising online auctions on eBay new [re: AquilaStamps]  

Garry

'Tar and Feathering"

Maybe that is on the same level as "Bad dog no biscuit" award I get sometimes for some of the things I do.

Judy/blue

*Threaded Mode
Jump to

www.AuctionWizard2000.com | Contact Us Forums powered by WWWThreads