Listing
   >> eBay
Thread views: 18414 *Threaded Mode

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)
tictictic_OnEbay
(member)
09/02/06 11:42 AM
Re: Unable to list; pesky MSIE Information Bar blocks new [re: bluepennylady]  

Judy, how do you know all this stuff?????? You are amazing!!! Fes up....Thom figured out how to clone himself, and you're the result? C'mon, tell all!

Ok, first I just did what Rich suggested (thanks Rich!). Resetting the internet security to "Allow active content to run in files on My Computer" kept the eBay Sell-Your-Item page from flashing, in other words, the page didn't trigger the MSIE pop-up blocker, but the page still interrupted the listing process.

So then I simply clicked the option to use the OLD FORM on that same page, and when I went back to AW and tried the listing again, it worked perfectly.

Why would eBay change some of us to the new form? Just a glitch? How could this affect only some sellers but not all of us?? Why is the sky blue? Why? WHY??

Thanks Judy!

Sue

bluepennylady
(enthusiast)
09/02/06 01:15 PM
Re: Unable to list; pesky MSIE Information Bar blocks new [re: tictictic_OnEbay]  

Sue,

Every now and then, EBay just changes the page to the new form. I am not sure there is a rhyme or reason. Some of us are "selected" for testing the new form whether we want to be or not.

I am glad that changing the form solved the problem for you. It sure is a pain in the neck. but easy to fix. That is after you figure out what happened.

Following all the steps Rich gave you won't hurt a thing in terms of computer performance and ease of viewing pages in your browser. And there are certain functions that will be enhanced or much easier by changing those settings. So you should be good to go.

Well, I am not exactly a "Thom Clone" by any stretch of the imagination. But what I know I have learned from Thom over the past few years. And I have had the incredible opportunity to work with Thom.. If only I could just take a funnel and pour into my brain everything that man knows. He blows my mind.

You might consider going ahead and installing the Beta API version. That will completely eliminate the Sell Your Item form issue as you'll be listing via the API instead of retrieving the Sell your Item form. Even though the AW2K API is in Beta, it is stable and well worth installing. I think you will find it is much easier to use for listing and updating. Just a thought.

Judy/blue

tictictic_OnEbay
(member)
09/03/06 09:41 PM
Re: Unable to list; pesky MSIE Information Bar blocks new [re: bluepennylady]  

Cheeky eBay!

Glad I now know what to do if it happens again, thanks to you, Judy.

Regarding the beta API version.....I have one small concern. Every now and then, I've needed to "fix" a template that's already online. We can do this by telling AW to relist the goofed-up auction and then doing a manual listing but only actually pasting in the "fixed" template. If there won't be any way to manually list auctions with the API version, we won't be able to "fix" these kinds of problems. Will just have to be on our toes, I guess.

Sue

bluepennylady
(enthusiast)
09/03/06 10:01 PM
Re: Unable to list; pesky MSIE Information Bar blocks new [re: tictictic_OnEbay]  

Sue,

I know that there is a suggestion to be able to edit auctions while they are live from AW2K. That was not possible until AW2K was converted to the API. So now that it is converted, maybe that suggestion will become a reality.

Judy/blue

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)
*Threaded Mode
Jump to

www.AuctionWizard2000.com | Contact Us Forums powered by WWWThreads