Listing
   >> eBay
Thread views: 80367 *Threaded Mode

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | (show all)
bluepennylady
(enthusiast)
09/05/06 05:39 AM
Re: big problems with beta new [re: AquilaStamps]  

Garry,

I am very glad the patch fixed the image issue. And it just blows my mind how Thom can create a patch so quickly. And the patch works.

thanks for checking the patch out.

Judy/blue

tictictic_OnEbay
(member)
09/05/06 02:34 PM

Hello all you lab rats......

I've been reading this thread with much interest, though only partial understanding. I'm considering taking the beta plunge, but I have one quick question: Does publishing the patch mean the beta version one would download CONTAINS that patch?

Sue

bluepennylady
(enthusiast)
09/05/06 02:55 PM
Re: big problems with beta new [re: tictictic_OnEbay]  

Sue,

First let me say, patch or not, Installing the Beta API version is the thing to do, at least in my books. It is super stable, runs like a champ. Reduced my updating time to almost nothing. My staff can begin work in the mornings a full hour earlier. Do you know how much more "stuff" they can get put into Inventory items in a hour?? I am really impressed with it.

And since you would be among other "lab rats' you are in good company. I am never afraid to install something Thom has done especially since he is only an email away for a problem fix, it one pops up.

Now about the patch--The patch is not included in the regular installer. But not everyone experienced the problem. I did not have any difficulties with my images. If you should have a problem with your images, just email Thom and he'll sent that little patch right out to you.

Come on Sue Be brave I am just a mess aren't I.

Judy/blue

AquilaStamps
(journeyman)
09/05/06 06:48 PM
Re: big problems with beta new [re: tictictic_OnEbay]  

Sue:
You really need to take the plunge and go to the BETA. You will love it and find that after the first couple of uploads and downloading of closed lots that the time it takes will be minimal. In fact the stuff just flies by when it is updating.

The patch as far as I know - at least the one issued tonight isn't in the BETA. If I was doing it I would download and install the BETA. Then check for updates, 'cause if you need it then it will say so and have you install it.

This BETA is so very good. As you know a few of us had image problems and Thom took care of it right away. I just noticed a problem in some type about 1/2 hour ago tonight (Tuesday) but that too can be fixed. Even though I had a few problems I really like the BETA.

Heck, just hold your breath, downloa, install, and never look back. And joing the Rats From The Lab club.

Garry
Lab-Rat

bluepennylady
(enthusiast)
09/05/06 07:20 PM

Thom just released a Beta API update that addresses all known issues as of today. SOOOO Sue, just install the Beta and then update it you'll be good to go.

Now Garry, what problem did you notice a few minutes ago??

Columbo here ready and waiting

Judy/blue

AquilaStamps
(journeyman)
09/06/06 02:19 AM
Re: big problems with beta new [re: bluepennylady]  

Judy:

This one was strange. Thom had sent me a patch for the pix problem and it worked like a charm. Everything posted just fine - I tried it on the one that had messed up before and all was well as the pix displayed properly. Hmm, notice I said the pix.

Last evening I posted auctions to eBay Auctions, eBay Stores, and Overstock.

Once they were done I noticed on the AW2K page for each individual eBay auction the start and end dates were wrong. They were off by exactly one day. The start date read 09/06/2006 and the end date read 09/13/2006 not 09/05/2006 and 09/12/2006. However, the actual auctions if you looked on eBay had the correct dates in them. Not a real problem I just adjusted the date in AW2K and that was it.

Then I noticed that a couple of text boxes the type was getting jumbled up - words being put together without spaces between them and font changes were happening within the same text box that were not supposed to happen. All this on a tried and true template.

So I fixed a few and then just sent Thom an eMail letting him know what had happened. By the way the text problem also appeared in Overstock but eBay was the only one that had the date problem.

Tha's it so far - and I still love the new version. I couldn't believe how FAST it posted to eBay last night. Hmm, maybe that was it - it posted so fast it went into a time warp and thought it was the next day that's why the date problem. Prolly should check that out just in case there is something awry in the time space continium or in the warp factor 11.665a/J15 posting speed device.

That's it for now Columbo! LOL

Sorry it took so long to reply but I spent hours with eBay last evening ane early this morning over a guy who did a BIN and then wanted to pass off a scam on payment. He said he already had the money order written out and it was for too much so I should send him the "change" in AFRICA! Sure I was gonna do that. Now he's a NLR user. eBay just refunded the fee and I'll start that auction over.

Garry

bluepennylady
(enthusiast)
09/06/06 05:55 AM

Garry,

Now that is weird. But I think you have it figured out, warp speed

The only thing that comes to mind is your computer date/time. 'Cause AW2K is date and time sensitive, which I know you know.

Daylight savings time could play a factor if the Auction was posted at the break over time between you and eBay. Your computer would record the date as tomorrow while eBay was still on today.

I have had the "text" thing happen before to me. Seems to me, if memory serves me right, it was a Windows issue. I had copied and pasted text from another source into the description field and Windows was displaying the RTF. So the font changed, weird characters displayed, jumbled up or really stretched out across a page like your images did. I corrected it by pasting the text into Notepad, which strips out all that RTF stuff, and pasted the text from Notepad back into the AW2K description field.

I don't remember if I went to Microsoft and there was a patch for anyone experiencing the problem. Or if Thom created a patch.

You'll have to let me know what Thom says about the dates. And the text getting all weird on you.

change to AFrica! That is about the same as the 2 buyers I had from Germany recently who wanted me to send them my banking information as they needed it in their country to secure the funds to pay me for an Auction. I turned them into Trust & Safety. Filed an Unpaid Item Dispute and received a Final Value Credit. And even got a negative feedback from the buyer

Judy/blue

AquilaStamps
(journeyman)
09/06/06 06:11 AM
Re: big problems with beta [re: bluepennylady]  

Judy:

My date and time settings are correct. The date problem only happened on the eBay auctions. The Overstock auctions were correct. Strange huh?

The text problem is similar in a way to the image problems encountered earlier. By that I mean that the template is an oldie from forever ago. So it had posted correctly a bajillion times and now it posts messed up. So by default I think it is probably a Beta issue in how it transmits data to the auction site.

I wrote an email to Thom last evening about this & I'll let you know what he tells me.

The scammer didn't get a chance to leave me negative feedback as he was bounced off of eBay before he even had a chance to do anything. I have a feeling that he pulled the same scam on lots of other sellers and someone got to Trust & Safety before I did. I applied for a NPB credit and figured I would have to wait 3 days past forever to get the refund. To my surprise the refund was issued as soon as I filed the dispute. I think that because he is no longer registered the refund is applied right away.

The funny thing about this is that after talking to eBay about the problem and getting reassurances from them I was asked if I wanted to relist the item. I replied that I did and the next thing eBay types at me is that it had been relisted. THANKS - relisted and CLOSING at 4:39 AM Eastern time. Grrrrrrrrrr, thanks for the help but jeeze 4:39 in the morning. I never thought that they would do the relist for me. Next time I'll know better and tell them I'll relist it myself. I never knew that the ebay live chat people could do that.

Garry

bluepennylady
(enthusiast)
09/06/06 06:20 AM

Garry,

Overstock's API calls are a bit different than eBay's. And it could very well be Beta API related. My guess though is that it is a Windows issues that is now affected by the API as theeBay API strips out something formatting. Overstock strips out some formatting too. And boy howdy, if you try and use formatting Overstock does not allow, you can certainly make a fair size mess of your auctions at Overstock. Ask me how I know

They relisted the Auction for you? Really! How thoughful of them to start and end an auction at 4:30 in the morning. Like anyone is up but you and me at that hour of the day

Judy/blue

bluepennylady
(enthusiast)
09/06/06 06:23 AM

Gerry,

Did you notice that your "title" has changed on the boards?? You are now a "journeyman." Congratulations!

Judy/blue

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | (show all)
*Threaded Mode
Jump to

www.AuctionWizard2000.com | Contact Us Forums powered by WWWThreads