Listing
   >> eBay
Thread views: 80355 *Threaded Mode

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | (show all)
AquilaStamps
(journeyman)
09/06/06 06:49 AM
Re: big problems with beta new [re: bluepennylady]  

Judy:
I wonder how many will be up to snipe that auction at 4:30 in the morning. LOL

As far as the listing goes, remember, that template has listed just fine for a long time on eBay, and Overstock. So it isn't a stripping out of stuff problem. It started only after the BETA software was installed. Will have to wait to see what Thom says I guess.

I copied and pasted both Overstock and Ebay pages into Frontpage. Got the same problem on display. Then copied and pasted the template into FP and no problem. Then uploaded one more time this morning to OS and EB and guess what - same problem :( I even tried using Adobe PageMill and got the same results. So I canxed the auctions and will wait and see.

Garry

AquilaStamps
(journeyman)
09/06/06 06:51 AM

Judy:

Yea, noticed that. Ummm, does that come with a raise and a corner office? Thought not but no harm in asking. Guess it's dependent upon number of posts or something.

Garry

bluepennylady
(enthusiast)
09/06/06 08:07 AM
Re: big problems with beta new [re: AquilaStamps]  

Garry,

If the title change comes with something, please let me know, 'cause I want one too. Well, maybe not. Perhaps I better wait until I know what it comes with

Concerning the description problem, I realize the template listed fine prior to the Beta API. What I mean is that eBay's API strips out some formatting and tags etc. Just like Overstock. So it is completely possible that the Beta API version has stripped out some of the formatting necessary for Windows to display your template correctly. Regardless, I just bet you Thom can fix it.

Judy/blue

tictictic_OnEbay
(member)
09/07/06 11:37 PM

Ok, I'm API-iated! Lab rats rule!

Everything's going pretty smoothly (boy, do auctions upload fast!), although I haven't gone over my newest auctions with a fine-toothed comb, which I guess I should do if Garry's experience is any guide.

But I hit a little snag tonight. Can't leave Feedback. The Error Message is:

Feedback was not accepted by eBay: API Error Code 50: An error occurred while processing your request. We are currently unable to obtain your feedback rating.

Anyone know the solution? Or maybe it's just some temporary eBay nonsense.

Thanks, Sue

bluepennylady
(enthusiast)
09/08/06 00:11 AM
Re: big problems with beta new [re: tictictic_OnEbay]  

sue,

Congratulations! You lab rat you!!

I have submitted feedback using the API a couple of times. I don't have my notes in front of me as those are at work. but I didn't experience any trouble. Just the normal eBay stuff. No auction id or the user had changed their user id.

I can't find the API error code 50 definition. What is weird is "we are currently unable to obtain "your" feedback rating." Today eBay has been throwing API errors all over the place. None were Aw2K issues.

Was the error returned for all feedback? Or just one Invoice/Invoice item? Or you could not even begin the feedback process because of the API error 50?

Be sure the Invoice/Invoice item in question has the correct Auction id. Did the buyer change their user id? Or is the buyer no longer a registered eBay member.

You might try submitting feedback later and see if it happens again. If it does, email Thom with the complete error message text. He'll probably want to see the feedbacklogfiles. so don't shut down AW2000 after submitting feedback if you receive the API error message again later on. That way you'll still have the feedback logfiles to send him.

I am so glad you joined us. I dearly LOVE being a lab rat.

Judy/blue

tictictic_OnEbay
(member)
09/08/06 00:15 AM

Hi Judy,

I think this may be a temporary eBay issue. When I visit My eBay, every section says, "Some of your information is not available at this time. Please try again later." This is true of two of my three IDs, so I don't think it has anything to do with the new API version. And I did sign out/back in. Closed/reopened the browser. Signed off/back on the internet. Nothing on the System Status board, however.

Thanks for the congrats.

Sue

bluepennylady
(enthusiast)
09/08/06 00:22 AM

HI there Sue,

I would have to agree as I have had trouble with eBay pages as well today. Must be in the air. Overstock servers were hiccuping today too.

Let us know if the feedback submits later. I can tell you the feedback submission process is MUCH faster. Just wait until you watch it. Or I should say try to watch it. Man it is fast. Much quicker than Overstock.

Judy/blue

tictictic_OnEbay
(member)
09/08/06 01:25 AM

Yup. Was eBay.

Each Feedback posting flies off in the blink of an eye...LITERALLY! You can't even see it happen. Amazing.

Thanks for your support, Sue

tictictic_OnEbay
(member)
09/08/06 01:38 AM
Re: big problems with beta new [re: AquilaStamps]  

Garry, my eBay auction dates are off by one day, too (you've got a good eye! I would never have noticed the discrepancy). Those listed on the 6th say Start Date the 7th; those listed tonight say Start Date the 8th. But like you said, they are correct on eBay. Did you email Thom about it?

Sue

bluepennylady
(enthusiast)
09/08/06 01:47 AM

Sue,

Isn't it just amazing!! The human eye can't even see the submission. I don't remember, Have you listed yet?? Just wait until you do regular Auction updating!1 Talk about cool! And if there are no events, then you'll receive a prompt indicating nothing has changed so there isn't anything to update. What a time saver!!

Judy/blue

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | (show all)
*Threaded Mode
Jump to

www.AuctionWizard2000.com | Contact Us Forums powered by WWWThreads