Listing
   >> eBay
Thread views: 80365 *Threaded Mode

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | (show all)
tictictic_OnEbay
(member)
09/08/06 01:57 AM
Re: big problems with beta new [re: bluepennylady]  

Garry wrote: "The funny thing about this is that after talking to eBay about the problem and getting reassurances from them I was asked if I wanted to relist the item. I replied that I did and the next thing eBay types at me is that it had been relisted. THANKS - relisted and CLOSING at 4:39 AM Eastern time. Grrrrrrrrrr, thanks for the help but jeeze 4:39 in the morning.....I never knew that the ebay live chat people could do that."

This boggles my mind. The chat staff can do that??? Hope those folks are more honest than they are sharp.

And what's with these scammers in Africa? Do they think we were all born yesterday? How many suckers can they possibly find? Are one or two easy marks worth going through all the effort to place bids and send out customized emails to all the sellers? Doesn't make sense.

Sue

bluepennylady
(enthusiast)
09/08/06 02:12 AM
Re: big problems with beta new [re: tictictic_OnEbay]  

Sue,

Isn't that the truth! I didn't know Live Chat could launch auctions either. I am glad Garry said something as I have had a similiar incident. Ebay asked if I wanted to relist the Auction. And I said not at the present moment. Otherwise, I could have ended up with a 2:00 am CST auction and been growling as well.

Judy/blue

bluepennylady
(enthusiast)
09/08/06 02:13 AM

Sue,

Email Thom about the date. I believe he has a patch or fix for the date.

Judy/blue

AquilaStamps
(journeyman)
09/09/06 08:00 AM

Sue:

Well it appears the cage is gonna have to have an addition built on for all of the new lab-rats moving in. I'd suggest something in bright colors, special conveniences, and plenty of desk space with good network and internet connections. And those sippy water bottles hanging on the wall just gotta go. Maybe Judy could see to heading up renovations. LOL

Well I was away from the board for a day and 1/2 'cause Thom checked my templates and found that there were spaces at the end of some lines and if the line broke between two words such as " hello -- new line -- there" it would appear on ebay as "hellothere". Sooooooo, went through all of my templates and took out all the stuff that Thom said shouldn't be there using the API and holy cow everything is close to fantastic now.

The only problem that I've got is still the strange date thingie that the AW2K page for each auction shows. If I upload an auction to eBay (this only happens with eBay not Overstock or "Nahoo") on 09/08/06 and it is to close on 09/15/05 the dates posted in AW2K are 09/09 and 09/16. I have to go back and use GridView and search by the 09/09 date and change start date and end date back by one day. Thank God for GridView. I have no idea why this is happening. Wonder if anyone else is having that problem?

Otherwise hope all goes well with your switch over to BETA. You gotta love the time it saves in just the updating. Before I would selectively update by hand rather than take the long time to update everything. Now it is so easy just click on the update button and you barely have time to look away and it's done. And uploading is a breeze now. Sometimes if I was uploading 100 or so auctions I could plant, harvest, roast, grind, and make coffee before they were done. Now I have about just enough time to take a few sips of the coffee.

This is a fantastic upgrade to an already great auction management program.

Oh, you think that maybe we may need extra Lounge Room/coffee room furniture in the expanded cage?

Garry

AquilaStamps
(journeyman)
09/09/06 08:02 AM

Sue:

I forgot to tell you earlier - so far I haven't had any problems with leaving feedback. The only time was similar to what Judy told about - the person had left eBay and of course it wouldn't post. Other than that the feedback posts like the wind now and no problems.

Garry

AquilaStamps
(journeyman)
09/09/06 08:06 AM

Sue:
Yea, I did email Thom about it. Haven't heard back yet, but as soon as I do I'll post his reply here. I emailed that the first time I told him about the problem of the way the page looked on eBay. And he spent a lot of time looking at my files so I think it got overlooked in favor of the bigger problem. I emailed that to him again last evening rather late (late my time Eastern). So I'll keep checking today and let you know what he finds.

Garry

AquilaStamps
(journeyman)
09/09/06 08:09 AM

Hi Judy:
I agree the feedback is greased lightning now on eBay. Everything is so much faster when talking to eBay. Sue said something about eBay had a notice that "all your stuff isn't available". I've experienced that a few times during my late night sessions. And even under the old version of AW2K you couldn't leave feedback. So that is probably what was causing her problem too.

Garry

bluepennylady
(enthusiast)
09/09/06 08:22 AM
Re: big problems with beta new [re: AquilaStamps]  

Hi Garry & Sue,

Okie dokie I'll head up the rennovations. I am good at remodeling and redoing. Seems like I sure do it quite a bit. In fact I am getting to do some more rennovations here at work to the newly remodeled offices. Should have added on that extra room my husband wanted to do and I wouldn't let him. So now I have to eat my words and we are adding it on. But I have to move 2 sections of pallet racking first. Which we are in the process of emptying all the Internet product from right now. Geez, that will take a week to do.

eBay has been throwing errors for 2 days. I suspect they are in the process of making changes----again.

I am so glad that Sue has joined our lab rat group. I dearly love to Beta test. I am addicted to it. My husband just shakes his head at me. I can sit and poke through all the functions all day long looking for something. Thom sure makes it hard though as he does such a good job it is really hard to find problems. If there is a problem, it is usually a very small hiccup not a major bump. Not so with other programmers, I promise you. Some of the other software programs I have done Beta testing for are terrible. Their Beta releases should be called pre-Alpha releases.

So Garry, if I understand you correctly, your Listing templates had code in them that was causing problems?? boy I have done that before. Had a small character in one template that caused all sorts of havoc. Took quite a while to find the elusive little booger.

Judy/blue

AquilaStamps
(journeyman)
09/09/06 08:23 AM

Judy:
Not sure if I told you this or not - Thom asked me to send him my logs etc from the Backup. I did. He got back to me and told me that the templates had carrige returns and line breaks in them and eBay using the API was stripping them out. So spent a day going through all the templates and took all that "stuff" out. Now the auctions post the way they were intended to. Part of the problem I had was as of the result of an occasional quick change in a template. Rather doing it the right way I'd go in and just type the html into the template and sheesh that caused problems too. When AW2K was posting using the eBay FORM it didn't matter but using the API it made an unholy mess out of the page. The best thing out of this is it afforded me an opportunity to tweek my pages and make a few changes that I have wanted to for a long while but just didn't feel I had the time to do so. Anyway, thanks to Thom and his fast reply, it's all done. And now all is well at the "Hundred-Acre-Woods" - the bee tree has settled down.

AquilaStamps
(journeyman)
09/09/06 08:30 AM
Attachment

Judy:

You're never gonna guess! I just was speechless. I knew there was a title change. And we joked about the corner office and stuff.

Well yesterday afternoon - kinda late - UPS came to the door. And they delivered the "something" that comes with the title. Change. Now I don't wanna look a gift horse in the mouth but really!

I've heard of purchasing old outdated merchandise and putting it to use but this has got to be the ultimate in repurposing stuff.

Now, don't get me wrong, you or Sue may appreciate the special something that gets sent. I thought well ... maybe ... but it just didn't go with anything I had. Now I don't know what to do -- I got it. I'll eBay it.

Garry

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | (show all)
*Threaded Mode
Jump to

www.AuctionWizard2000.com | Contact Us Forums powered by WWWThreads