Listing
   >> eBay
Thread views: 80651 *Threaded Mode

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | (show all)
bluepennylady
(enthusiast)
09/09/06 08:34 AM
Re: big problems with beta new [re: AquilaStamps]  

Garry,

I have experienced the same problem before only at Overstock when I did the testing there for AW2K.. Since there were problems like you had, I tweeked my stuff a while back which is probably one of the reasons I didn't have any problems with my templates displaying incorrectly.

Isn't testing stuff fun! All the little things you have to do.

I am glad the bees have stopped swarming.

Judy/blue

bluepennylady
(enthusiast)
09/09/06 08:36 AM

Garry,

eBay that dude! It will go with something someone has somewhere in the world. And besides, it was worth a good laugh.

Judy/blue

AquilaStamps
(journeyman)
09/09/06 08:59 AM
Re: big problems with beta new [re: bluepennylady]  

Judy:
It's strange, but I should have thought about it. When I did the first foray into Overstock with AW2K I didn't take a template and convert it. I started from scratch and did it in FrontPage. So when the first one posted I didn't have problems. Then .... with this Beta I tweeked it. Grrrrrrrrrrrr. that alone should have told me what the problem was. The pix problems were fixed by Thom's patch but the display problems of HTML and text were my fault because I couldn't keep my grubby keyboard fingeres off of the template. Just had to fine tune, just had to make it different, just had to .. well you get thie idea.

By the way I also asked Thom if there was a way to test the templates. Using the preview button only uses the HTML without stripping off stuff - just as if you had written a bad HTML web page. The code is messy but it displays properly. So the only way to test is to post on eBay and if you got lots of problems you are posting and taking down a ton of auctions and that can get costly even posting in stores. He replied and told me that currently there was no way to do a template test to see what it will look like live on line. However, he did add - "we're working on something now that will do that". Now that is cool! That man never stops does he?

Garry

AquilaStamps
(journeyman)
09/09/06 09:04 AM
Re: big problems with beta new [re: tictictic_OnEbay]  

Sue:
It doesn't make sense unless:

1. The already made out Money Order is for $2,000.00
2. You bite on the scam
3. You send them the "change" from a $200.00 eBay purchase via Western Union.
4. DHL Picks up the package as they said.
5. You deposit the money order from them and it's a fake and bounces.

You're out a ton of money - no way of finding them. Their Yahoo email address is closed and DHL shows a delivery address to a PO Box and it is reshipped by them somewhere else.

Oh, it will work when all it takes is one sucker to fall for it. Let me find the email and I'll post it so you can see how convoluted it was.

Garry

AquilaStamps
(journeyman)
09/09/06 09:06 AM

I'm glad I did say something. At least maybe it won't happpen to anyone else. I know they were trying to be helpful and all. But there needed to be some sort of verbal warning after I said "yes" - such as "ok we'll do it for you right now".

Garry

bluepennylady
(enthusiast)
09/09/06 09:09 AM

Garry,

No Thom doesn't stop. He truly doesn't. I know for a fact he is continually working non-stop on features, functions and improvements. He takes suggestions and input into consideration when re-doing anything. OR adding anything.

What I do when I have tweeked a Listing template is I will Queue and list only 1 auction. Then I'll see how it displays. If it isn't right, I can edit it on ebay and then change the template in AW2K.

Judy/blue

AquilaStamps
(journeyman)
09/09/06 09:20 AM

Judy:

That's a great suggestion. When I was doing it though there were about 20 different templates and I thought it would be just too much to post them all. I had no intention of posting more than one as it was - but your suggestion would have worked pretty well on many of them As, most of the time the change from one to the next template is minimal.

Garry

AquilaStamps
(journeyman)
09/09/06 09:30 AM

Hi all:

I just heard from Thom via email concerning the date problem. He said:

{CLIPPED FROM EMAIL}
Hi Garry,

I am aware of the problem. Starting and ending dates are being stored in GMT instead of your local time zone. That will be corrected in the next update. Any Auction Lots that are updated will have their dates corrected.

If you have any questions, please let me know.

Regards,
Thom Withgott
{END OF CLIP}

I replied with a huge thanks and told him I loved the Beta and would be able to fix the date thingie using GridView until he issued the update.

So he's on it.

Garry

bluepennylady
(enthusiast)
09/09/06 09:34 AM

GArry,

That makes perfect sense that the dates being stored in GMT instead of local time would cause the problem. I think maybe Thom has worked his fingers to the bone lately Thanks for sharing his response.

Judy/blue

tictictic_OnEbay
(member)
09/09/06 12:11 PM

Hi Garry,

He is aware of the date problem (the program thinks we are all in Arizona, apparently, and isn't translating the times to local time zones). It will be fixed with the next build of the beta, and in the mean time, whenever you run an update of your Lots, the dates will be corrected.

Sue

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | (show all)
*Threaded Mode
Jump to

www.AuctionWizard2000.com | Contact Us Forums powered by WWWThreads