Listing
   >> eBay
Thread views: 18880 Previous threadView all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)
AquilaStamps
(journeyman)
09/11/06 06:14 PM
Re: ERROR WHEN LISTING LOTS new [re: bluepennylady]  

Judy:

Welcome back, hope the seminar was fun and interesting and all that good stuff. But I know they can be so boring sometimes. Hope it was the former for you.

I wondered if you had lost connectivity today and also wondered if you were going through withdrawal. LOL.

Garry

bluepennylady
(enthusiast)
09/11/06 06:53 PM
Re: ERROR WHEN LISTING LOTS new [re: AquilaStamps]  

Garry,

I had such bad withdrawals that I left early. About 2-1/2 hours early as a matter of fact. It was an okay seminar. Lots of hoopla as they were really simply trying to sell a webstore at an absolutely ridiculous price. However, the sessions I was interested in were search engine optimization, Live directories, vertical portals, natural searches. Those sessions were pretty good. Most of the information I already knew but the material was presented in a different manner so it was still good. The speaker was excellent. Great sense of humor, well-spoken. But the prices they wanted were over the top.

Next time, I check about connectivity before I ever go into the building. It was terrible to be off line for hours at a time I wonder if I should join, Internetjunkies anyomous or something.

Judy/blue

tictictic_OnEbay
(member)
09/12/06 02:00 AM

I started reading this thread and was thinking, sheesh, eBay's done it again. They switched me to the new listing form last week and made me miss a listing opportunity until I could get help from Judy, and now they've done it to another poor, unsuspecting member. How rude of eBay!

And then I was thinking, "Where's Judy? This person needs Judy! Dr. Judy to the Forum, stat!"

You took a day off, and the patients had a crisis. LOL!

Glad you're back. Next time you go away, post your pager number.

Sue

bluepennylady
(enthusiast)
09/12/06 05:32 AM
Re: ERROR WHEN LISTING LOTS new [re: tictictic_OnEbay]  

Sue,

Maybe I should post my cellphone number Or put an alarm on my laptop. But then I have to have Internet connectivity. Next time I go somewhere, if they don't have computer hookups at a seminar, I am outta of there.

Judy/blue

AquilaStamps
(journeyman)
09/12/06 06:44 AM

Judy:

Actually other than the withdrawal it seems as if there were some interesting times at the Seminar. There have been Seminars in that past that have put me right to sleep in the first five minutes. Then there are the exceptional ones that I don't want to end 'cause of all the good stuff that is happening. It never fails though that some of them have a very inflated view on how much their services are really worth when it comes to a dollar amount.

I've finally taken the plunge and just yesterday signed up for wireless internet through Cingular Wiireless so I can use it with my Laptop. I'll give you a report after a bit. It is just several tad's expensive but may be worth it when I'm away, not only from the computer, but from home; and need to keep in touch with eBay/Overstock. It never fails that I schedule a trip to a wholesaler or to someone who is selling a collection on days that end up being closing days on one or both of the sites. In the past I have had to find a hot spot or beg someone to use their modem/dsl connection.

If this works OK (and it is in question as Cellular Reception here in FL is spotty at best) it will be helpful just in answering last minute questions on auctions.

I've found that there have been more and more first time bidders that are asking all sorts of questions on a closing day. I have taken advantage of the FAQ section eBay gives sellers that people see when the click on "ask a question". However, even though they can see the FAQ's some still ask the question covered in one of the FAQ's.

Maybe there needs to be some sort of group discussion here on how to handle these last minute questions. It would be great to see how others handle these type of questions - even pool our replies to make up an "AW2K User Reply Database". I'm not sure about you and the others here, but there are times when I feel I need a fresh look at how the same question can be answered. Just a thought

Garry

bluepennylady
(enthusiast)
09/12/06 07:44 AM
Re: ERROR WHEN LISTING LOTS new [re: AquilaStamps]  

Garry,

I think that is a great idea. We have templates we have made up for responding to standard inquiries. So it is simply of matter of using the "reply with template" button on the email reader. And we place frequently needed information into the Notes of all Inventory items so no one has to get up from their workstations to go actually look at the product.

The other thing I do, of course I have staff, but if my staff fails to include important information such as the model number, color, size, etc in a description. I require the staff person responsible to respond to the inquiry complete with an apology for failing to include pertinent information. Requiring the responsible staff member to respond with an apology really makes them pay attention. And then everyone is more careful to include information and the inquiries drop significantly.

Judy/blue

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Previous threadView all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode
Jump to

www.AuctionWizard2000.com | Contact Us Forums powered by WWWThreads