Listing
   >> eBay
Thread views: 16024 Previous threadView all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)
tictictic_OnEbay
(member)
09/12/06 01:45 AM
Seller's Pmnt Instr missing new  

I just noticed all my newer listings no longer display my Seller's Payment Instructions. Is this something that was removed by eBay recently, or is it because I failed to re-type them into the Payment Instructions box when I submitted my first listing with the beta-API version a few days ago? I never thought to look for this, because new versions of AW ordinarily provide continuity for all these kinds of things.

As far as I know, the only way to get my general Seller's Payment Instructions into my future listings is to queue a Lot as if to list it, type in the Payment Instructions on the List Auctions on eBay window: Additional Options tab, click Save Options, and then cancel out of the listing process. Right? There's no place in AW to edit this as a Program Option and no place on eBay to type these Instructions as a Seller Preference without using the eBay Listing Tool?

Thanks, Sue

bluepennylady
(enthusiast)
09/12/06 05:23 AM
Re: Seller's Pmnt Instr missing new [re: tictictic_OnEbay]  

Sue,

Payment instructions are located in the lower right hand corner of the Lister window. On the Additional options Tab. You will need to complete the payment options prior to listing for each Auction profile as those options are not saved from profile to profile.

Hope that helps a bit.

Judy/blue

AquilaStamps
(journeyman)
09/12/06 06:54 AM
Re: Seller's Pmnt Instr missing new [re: bluepennylady]  

Judy:
If you have created a new profile you will need to redo the payment & Return option informaton. But then save it and that will be saved for the next time you use that particular profile. But in the transfer from the older version to the BETA that information did transfer over.

Your work around is correct. That is one good way to make sure the info is there and that it is saved.

Garry

bluepennylady
(enthusiast)
09/12/06 07:46 AM
Re: Seller's Pmnt Instr missing new [re: AquilaStamps]  

Garry,

I didn't word my response correctly, did I?? Gee I won't be taking a day off for seminars again. My brain must be mushed.

Yes, you have to save the options once all the fields are completed as you like. Then you need not re-do those fields unless you wish to change something.

Judy/blue

tictictic_OnEbay
(member)
09/14/06 11:31 AM
Re: Seller's Pmnt Instr missing [re: bluepennylady]  

I listed a few things last night, being very careful to make sure my Seller's Payment Instructions were there and were under the 500-character limit, but they are still not showing up in all my auctions. You guys aren't having this problem??? I listed five items all in the same listing session, with the same Profile (same profile I've been using for years -- no changes), listed a few minutes apart, in various categories, all regular auctions, and three of them have the Payment Instructions in the Shipping-Payment-Details-and-Return-Policy box, and two of them do not. This started happening right after upgrading to the beta version.

Examples:

Has Seller's Payment Instructions: 140029174267
Missing Seller's Payment Instructions: 140029170105 and 140029173104

Any ideas? Time to write to Thom?

Thanks, Sue

bluepennylady
(enthusiast)
09/14/06 12:01 PM

Sue,

I performed tests on my Auctions. I have changed payment instructions in the Lister 4 times. All 4 times the instructions were displayed on the listed Auctions.

I would make a backup and rebuild the database. Be sure to do a quick scan on your hard drive before rebuilding and restart your computer. Try one more time after the rebuild. If the payment instructions do not display, I would contact Thom. There could be a problem with the template itself or the way eBay is reading the HTML.

Judy/blue

bluepennylady
(enthusiast)
09/14/06 03:12 PM

Sue,

something else you might look at. I checked your Payment instructions on your auctions. Did you copy and paste that information into the Payment instructions in AW2000 Lister Window? If so, copy the text into Notepad, then into the Lister Payment instructions.

The other thing, is to be sure there are no line breaks in the text. Or you'll have the same problem as you did with the Images before as eBay changes some of the HTML code.

Let me know about the line breaks or if you have copied and pasted in the text.

Judy/blue

tictictic_OnEbay
(member)
10/10/06 01:08 PM

Hi Judy,

Just catching up on things I didn't respond to.

Yes, I did copy-paste the payment instructions into the listing box, so that could have accounted for their not showing up. But without doing anything in particular about the problem - other than confirming they were still showing when I listed more items -- the instructions started showing up just fine. So I think after a couple more listing sessions, they must have gotten saved properly in AW. Or whatever.....you know, sometimes with computers, problems just seem to fix themselves, programs seem to "learn" to accommodate what the user is trying to do -- I can't fathom it. But anyway, the instructions get inserted in all my auctions now.

Thanks, Sue

bluepennylady
(addict)
10/10/06 02:04 PM

Sue,

Now I know you are going to have trouble believing this,, but eBay has had some trouble with displaying payment instructions as well as with a bug in the shipping calculator. I know that is just so hard to believe, but it is true. So I bet they have it corrected.

Judy/blue

tictictic_OnEbay
(member)
10/10/06 02:32 PM

Figures.

Well, thanks for the inside scoop (how DO you find out these things, inquiring minds want to know)?

Sue

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Previous threadView all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode
Jump to

www.AuctionWizard2000.com | Contact Us Forums powered by WWWThreads