Listing
   >> eBay
Thread views: 16028 *Threaded Mode

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)
globalduk
(Unregistered)
10/01/06 10:09 AM
Re: not getting the auction ID and change to ONLINE new [re: bluepennylady]  

Well - I have wrote tom - twice now - as last night when listing I had more issues.

first - i received and error that ebay was unable to return confirmation or something like that - but the auction lot did list.

second - i received a failed to list error - said something to the effect of http socket 3 error or something like that. It happen so fast it did not even look like it listed - but since i'm aware this happens - I went and checked online first before retrying to list.
It had listed. so - I reported that to tom also.

just thought i'd post an update.
thanks
amy

bluepennylady
(enthusiast)
10/01/06 03:01 PM
Re: not getting the auction ID and change to ONLINE new [re: globalduk]  

Amy,

I am so glad you posted an update. Thank you very much.

Most generally, when eBay returns the "failure to return a listing confirmation" the Auction lot has listed. That simply means the listing confirmation page did not show up.

Socket errors usually do the same thing. The Auction lot will appear not to list but is has. And those errors usually happen when eBay is doing something on their website or are having an issue. Which eBay tends not to post until after they have found a fix for the problem. Far be it from them to post a problem when it is known. Let's just let everyone think they are going crazy until we can find the fix then let them know, "Oh by the way, there was an issue on x day with x. The problem has not been corrected"

Often when posting Auctions to Overstock, the same issues will happen. Listing confirmations won't return so it looks like the Auction lot didn't list. Or the socket error happens. The socket error almost always occurrs when either site is having trouble with Page not responding issues. I bet that one will get corrected fairly soon at eBay.

Keep us up to speed on what else you have going on.

Judy/blue

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)
*Threaded Mode
Jump to

www.AuctionWizard2000.com | Contact Us Forums powered by WWWThreads