Listing
   >> eBay
Thread views: 15976 Previous threadView all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)
globalduk
(Unregistered)
09/27/06 04:15 PM
not getting the auction ID and change to ONLINE new  

I'm haveing a problem - it has happened 3 times now.
I list something - get no errors while listing - click finish -
then create more listings for launch - then list those -
well lo and behold - some of the listings on the first batch did not switch to ONLINE and import the auction id - so I end up accidently listing them twice - though auction wizard only shows once.
Is anyone else getting this?
thanks
amy

bluepennylady
(enthusiast)
09/27/06 07:42 PM
Re: not getting the auction ID and change to ONLINE new [re: globalduk]  

Amy,

Just for my curosity sake, which version are you using. Version 2.2 or new API version 2.3?

You should contact tech support first thing in the morning at info@auctionwizard2000.com.

Judy/blue

globalduk
(Unregistered)
09/27/06 08:33 PM
Re: not getting the auction ID and change to ONLINE new [re: bluepennylady]  

hi,
I'm using the new API version - and I have checked for updates - the only thing I get are catagory updates here and there.

I will contact techsupport - but I always seem to go running to them- lol - so I wanted to see if anyone else was having this issue as well.

ok -
thanks
amy

bluepennylady
(enthusiast)
09/27/06 08:57 PM
Re: not getting the auction ID and change to ONLINE new [re: globalduk]  

Amy,

The Status not changing is something Thom needs to know about. And he wants to be told about it as well. So don't fret about "running" to him. I am very glad you took the time to post. This is exactly what the discussion board is for.

Did you receive any API warnings?

Judy/blue

AquilaStamps
(member)
09/29/06 06:31 AM
Re: not getting the auction ID and change to ONLINE [re: globalduk]  

Amy:
I had something similar happen using the old version (non-API). I'm still not sure what happened, however on closing night I noticed on the eBay site an auction had been bid on and won. So I checked AW2K and nothing with that auction ID number was found. So I searched by title. Yep, found it. But under another ID number. So I checked eBay by the title and found the same exact auction listed two times with two different ID numbers. AW2K only had one listing - as I had intended. I only had one of the item and of course only listed it once - or so I thought. Some how it got listed twice but giving it two different ID numbers. The page on eBay showed they were listed maybe 5 minutes apart. I'm not sure on the time but it was pretty close together. Fortunatly for me the one that I thought I had listed didn't sell. The one that listed and I didn't know about did sell. So it ended up that I had one item to send to one winner. It would have been tons of fun if both sold. Also I let AW2K download winning bids etc. (update profile) and the second one never did show up - as it shouldn't 'cause AW2K didn't know about it.

Long story, but in a way sort of like what happened to you but in a different way. I was never able to figure it out. At the time I had a sinking feeling when I realized that it could have happened before and I never knew it. Oh well. Strange stuff sure does happen sometimes.

Garry

bluepennylady
(enthusiast)
09/29/06 01:39 PM
Re: not getting the auction ID and change to ONLINE new [re: AquilaStamps]  

Garry,

What has usually happened in this scenario is eBay does not return the listing confirmation page back to AW2K so AW2K "thinks" the Auction lot was not listed and re-submits it again. When in all reality the lot did list. Which is what I suspect has happened to Amy as well except she is using the API version. And the way it works, of course, is different.

I have also had the exact same thing happen to me. So I check the Online auction totals in AW2K every day and compare them to eBay. If there has been a problem, at least I know within a certain time frame of when the problem occurred. And eBay has been having problems for over a week. Little dickens

Judy/blue

AquilaStamps
(member)
09/29/06 08:14 PM

Judy:

I too learned after that experience. One of the first things I do after uploading auctions is to check AW2K's list of on-line auction totals in reports with what eBay says is on Line. It isn't often that the number looks different. But now that I check it is possible to fix the problem before bidding etc takes place. Also each morning I run the on line report and compare those results with eBay.

So far there haven't been any problems. Yet, when I have found discrepencies it is a pain searching to find where it is. Only thing that makes this bearable is knowing that I won't have two auctions closing for one item.

Garry

bluepennylady
(enthusiast)
09/30/06 05:07 AM

Garry,

I do the same thing. I wonder if new users know how to run those reports??

Judy/blue

AquilaStamps
(member)
09/30/06 08:44 AM

Judy:

That's a good question. I can only relate to my experience on reports. I remember when I first started using the program (it was far different however) I was so involved in making sure I could post a good looking auction and get it on line properly - that I didn't have much time to explore other stuff. Once I got them up and running my next concern was getting the sold auctions downloaded. And it goes from there - one step at a time. It was a while before I was ready to explore the nooks and crannies of AW2K. Actually now the reports aren't a nook and cranny they are an important part of the program for me.

This is a way of saying that some of the new users are probably not aware of the reports or if they are haven't had a chance to delve into them. There actually is a wealth of great information in the reports. In some cases they are very helpful in generating new auctions, and of course more income.

Sooooo, maybe you are right, that some users aren't familiar with the reports. If they aren't a good place to start is really with the Help File it gives a good overview.

Garry

bluepennylady
(enthusiast)
10/01/06 08:55 AM

Garry,

I use reports all of the time. And I customize reports frequently for specific tasks. My staff uses Customized Auction lot reports everyday. I like reports [smile[

Judy/blue

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Previous threadView all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode
Jump to

www.AuctionWizard2000.com | Contact Us Forums powered by WWWThreads