Listing
   >> eBay
Thread views: 54327 *Threaded Mode

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | (show all)
AquilaStamps
(enthusiast)
11/01/06 05:20 PM
Re: More on Now What? re keywords [re: substance292]  

Cher:
The keyworking using metatags that I talked about with the "phone guy" was in reference to google and other spiders picking up stuff to index. So the short answer is that it will help google pick up your stuff.

Garry

AquilaStamps
(enthusiast)
11/01/06 05:29 PM

Cher/Judy
Have you thought of using the individual paypal buyit buttons? You log onto your paypal account and they allow you to generate html for a buy it button that refers to a specific product and a specific price. Works quite well. But I wouldn't want to do a lot of them. I've done some for my web site. But I have a card processor and shopping cart for another website. I'm still working with the shopping cart guy to integrate the stamp website with the other. The PayPal shopping cart and card processing sounds good but when I talked with them on a phone call it gets more difficult and also all of your eggs are in one basket and when the get in a snit and shut you off you're sunk.

Garry

substance292
(journeyman)
11/01/06 06:13 PM
Re: More on Now What? re keywords [re: AquilaStamps]  

Hi Garry! The individual buttons were where I started looking around. I wanted to be able to add multiple items to a cart though, so I just kept on going down the list. It just got so complicated that I decided I would rather pay a webstore site $30 a month to do it for me. But I'm very interested in Judy's new selling site so I think all the questions may be answered! Thanks Judy!

- Cher

AquilaStamps
(enthusiast)
11/01/06 06:42 PM

Cher:
Yea, the same thing happened to me. I made about 15 or so buttons and about wore out my fingers typing in all the info for each one. Thankfully they are for items that I have multiples of . But after that it was just too much of a chore to keep going. The PayPal solution for shopping cart sounded good at first but I already have a card processor and shopping cart as I said. After talking to PayPal about it figured it still wouldn't be worth all the switching 'cause I couldn't see the sense of having two processors and two carts. My cart "guy" is being helpful.

I saw Judy's suggestion and gave it a peek. Looks like a fantastic site for the christmas selling season. A good place to move a lot of that eclectic product that makes a perfect gift. I might try using it to sell "christmas" First Day Covers and frameable Panels.

Garry

AquilaStamps
(enthusiast)
11/01/06 06:48 PM
Re: More on Now What? re keywords [re: bluepennylady]  

Judy:
Darn - you're good. I took a peek at eCrater as you suggested. It sure looks pretty good. I like it even if just for the Christmas season for me - moving some stuff that would make christmas gifts - First Day Covers and First Day Panels that are frameable.

You're a treasure for finding that site - - a huge thanks for letting it be known. I'll let you know how it works out.

Garry

bluepennylady
(addict)
11/01/06 07:07 PM

Garry/Cher,

So far everything that ecrater says is exactly how it is. The webstore isn't hard to set up. And there are a lot of tools for promoting that are completely free including submissions to directories which I do anyway.

If you want to see what the buyer sees, here is the link to my store home page. Keep in mind, before I give you the URL and let you look that I have been playing around with this so there are only 3 or 4 things posted right now. But I can tell you they get hit every single day.

No laughing!! http://bluepennylady.ecrater.com/

Well go ahead and laugh I can take it

Judy/blue

AquilaStamps
(enthusiast)
11/01/06 07:19 PM
Re: More on Now What? re keywords [re: bluepennylady]  

Judy:

KEWL
and ... there was no laughing. I like it. Looks good.

Garry

bluepennylady
(addict)
11/01/06 07:24 PM

Garry,

You are so nice!! I have to get more product up before next Tuesday night as one of my college classes will be viewing it. Yikes!

I figured that since it doesn't cost anything unless I use the upgrades, it can't hurt to have the webstore. I can tell you that I have received inquiries from prospective buyers. And new inquiries from what I am presuming must be related to the search engine submissions ecrater does for me. I am drawing my conclusion based on the fact this is the only significant new thing I have done.

Judy/blue

substance292
(journeyman)
11/12/06 04:00 PM
Re: More on Now What? re keywords new [re: AquilaStamps]  

Hi Garry,

Have you noticed any difference in the auctions with your "SueKeywords"???

- Cher

substance292
(journeyman)
11/12/06 04:02 PM
Re: More on Now What? re keywords new [re: bluepennylady]  

Hi Judy,

Been working hard on this. It may not look too fancy but this is what I have so far. Thanks for taking a look :)

www.sistersrejoicestudio.ecrater.com

- Cher

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | (show all)
*Threaded Mode
Jump to

www.AuctionWizard2000.com | Contact Us Forums powered by WWWThreads