Listing
   >> eBay
Thread views: 8169 Previous threadView all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode

bmartin
(Unregistered)
09/01/02 07:18 PM
Item Specifics  

Has anyone figure a way to list an item in a catagory that requires Item Specifics - I list in the watch catagory and they just combined all the styles in one big lot and require you to list specifics to break the items down

247bids
(stranger )
10/03/02 09:14 AM
Re: Item Specifics new [re: bmartin]  

According to Thom - there is no way except manually.
For the first time (and as a long time user with 2+ registered copies of the software) I was disappointed in the answer.
Thom claims that there is no specific timeframe to incorporate Item Specifics and they're not even sure if they can do it.
I don't have anything scientific to go on - but my gut reaction is that my sales have slowed without it and the first item I revised manually to include specifics - sold within a couple of hours. I'll know better whether this was a fluke -after testing for a while.

eileenak
(stranger )
12/18/02 08:12 AM
Re: Item Specifics new [re: bmartin]  

I'm listing all watches and... you seem to be right about entering the item specific categories. The inability to do this is kind of a deal breaker for me. What good is a listing engine if it does not get the information I need into my listing?

After listing with Auction Wizard, I can't even figure out how to update the lot to include this information. How do I do it?

Eileen

AuctionWizardAdministrator
(Auction Wizard Team)
12/19/02 11:58 AM
Re: Item Specifics new [re: eileenak]  

The Item Specifics on an eBay listing can be changed by revising the listing. Open the listing in your web browser and click the "Revise item" link located just above the Description.

-- The Auction Wizard Team

eileenak
(stranger )
12/19/02 05:36 PM
Re: Item Specifics new [re: AuctionWizard]  

And... if I just used the listing tools that e-bay provides I wouldn't need to do everything twice and I could use the paypal tools to handle invoices and shipping....

Why am I using this software again?

Anonymous
(Unregistered)
12/20/02 00:14 AM

Good question, if you knew ebay done all of that already why did you bother looking elsewhere.
Aw2K rocks, it may not do every last detail, but then again had you done the auction correctly then there would be no need to revise?
You have 60 days to try the program, you also have the option to suggest things that would be nice to see added.

But if you don't like it then why ask us what you should ask yourself. Cause 99.8% of us love this program. and if you go to ebay and set search to check in discriptions then search for Auction Wizard, you will find theres a very high number that agree.

Hope you reconsider since there is no other out there even close to AW2K
Jim

eileenak
(stranger )
12/20/02 07:30 PM
Re: Item Specifics new [re: Anonymous]  

I guess you didn't bother to read the previous posts in the thread. AW2k does not support the feature and they are saying they won't add it. The problem is that it has to be done with watch listings, the user searches won't find your listing if you don't fill in the fields and the program does not fill them in.

The process of editing 30-60 auctions after listing them takes several hours, wouldn't you rather fill in the 4 fields before hand in a simple form? I realize it doesn't matter to you since you probably don't list watches.... If you did, you would know too.

I use the program and like it, it just isn't meeting all my needs at this point (since ebay made the changes in the watch listings). Ebay used to have a more involved category listing but now they just list the 60,000 or so on line into one category and put a simple search tool right in the face of the user to narrow the search with. If they use it and you just listed them the way that AW2K gives you, you lose. Nobody ever sees your listings.

If I don't fill them in, I don't get any bids, it's that dramatic. If I have to go back in and go through the whole ebay listing form anyway, it just feels like I'm doing the work twice.

Eileen

Anonymous
(Unregistered)
12/21/02 04:53 AM

I've used the method you describe but you'll find that by editing the auction right after listing it will not show up in searches.. that's a long known bug with Ebay. I have been ablw to list the watches manually and during the review process I edit the description with the 2.0 selling page.. alot of extra time.

Previous threadView all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode
Jump to

www.AuctionWizard2000.com | Contact Us Forums powered by WWWThreads