Listing
   >> eBay
Thread views: 20969 Previous threadView all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)
bluepennylady
(old hand)
01/03/07 07:07 PM
eBay fee increase new  

Hi all,

eBay announced today fee increases will go into effect, January 30, 2007. .99 to $9.99 insertion fee will increase to .40. Final Value fee $25.01 to $1000.00 will increase to 3.25%. Here is the URL for the announcement.

http://www2.ebay.com/aw/core/200701031500072.html

Judy/blue

substance292
(journeyman)
01/09/07 07:34 PM
Re: eBay fee increase new [re: bluepennylady]  

Hmmmm, another blow with the big hammer.....

http://www.JewelryByCherDesigns.com

bluepennylady
(old hand)
01/09/07 08:20 PM
Re: eBay fee increase new [re: substance292]  

cher,

Isn't that the truth. so back to the drawing board on how to still make money. Of course, with this great auction management tool we use, it is much easier to do

Judy/blue

substance292
(journeyman)
01/09/07 10:34 PM

Hi Judy, you are right there! These days I'm using this great tool for managing a lot more than auctions. Are you still experiencing sales increases from Google Base?

Cher

bluepennylady
(old hand)
01/10/07 04:31 AM

Cher,

Yes I am. There is a sharp upward spike in sales when I first upload store items to Google Base. I upload auctions usually once a week. I will delete all the stuff I put up the week before and upload new stuff. Doesn't take too long to delete everything. And it keeps everything fresh.

Judy/blue

moonstruck22
(newbie)
01/10/07 09:04 AM

Judy,
Did you ever give us that Google Base expose' somewhere?
If you have not there is no pressure, just did not want to miss it!
Thanks,

Marty
Moonstruck22

bluepennylady
(old hand)
01/10/07 11:31 AM
Re: eBay fee increase new [re: moonstruck22]  

Marty,

No I didn't. And you guys can all whip me with a wet noodle. I have been absolutely covered up at work. Primarily because my entire staff has been sick with the flu. And when they get well, their kids get it. Then they get it again.

I'll work on it later this week.

Judy/blue

moonstruck22
(newbie)
01/10/07 12:37 PM
Re: eBay fee increase [re: bluepennylady]  

Judy:
I told you there is NO pressure from me, I am just curious!
Sorry about your staff, hope all get well. I know about that germ sharing well, my wife's a kindergarten teacher! Those little ones share everything! I often think what would happen if my staff got sick, since I am it! Thankfully I have been blessed with good health and remain out of the germ loop!. And with this crazy weather is no wonder the whole nation isn't sick!
Again, no pressure on your Google info, just stay healthy!

Marty
Moonstruck22

substance292
(journeyman)
01/10/07 02:48 PM

Hi Judy! I learned the "fresh" idea pretty quick. There's a lot of competition on Google Base for me and if I put stuff in there for a month it gets lost pretty fast. It's also hard when I upload stuff and then the next day another merchant uploads thousands of items. There seem to be a couple that do that several times a week and that buries my stuff. How do you upload your auctions? I thought eBay only did uploads for the stores?

I hope everyone there is feeling better soon. It's that time of year and those little viruses seem to get tougher every year.

Cher

bluepennylady
(old hand)
01/10/07 03:04 PM

Cher,

I downloaded and installed the Google Base Store connector. Now I have an eBay store, but the Store connector has an option for eBay.com. I don't see why your regular listings won't work. It sure picks up my regular 7 day auctions. Have you tried the Store Connector yet?

Now it could be, the Store connector is picking up my regular auctions because they are in the Store categories. Give it a try and see what happens.

I know this much, google base certainly increases auction bidding.

Judy/blue

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Previous threadView all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode
Jump to

www.AuctionWizard2000.com | Contact Us Forums powered by WWWThreads