Listing
   >> eBay
Thread views: 4791 *Threaded Mode

mygear
(stranger )
03/09/07 10:48 AM
Start and Ending Dates  

What is the point of starting and ending dates? Do they have anythign to do with when the lot is actually listed? Can you set the start date for a future date and then the program will list the lot for you on that date? Or are the dates in the prgram for starting and ending only for my records?

MyGearStore
Needing help as usual.

bluepennylady
(old hand)
03/09/07 11:02 AM
Re: Start and Ending Dates new [re: mygear]  

HI,

Yes start and end dates serve a function. The start date displayed is the date the auction was submitted. End date is the date the Auction will close or was closed. If an End date i stored incorrectly or altered, the Auction lot may not update incorrectly and remain Online in AW2K.

As far as queueing to list in advance, absolutely. I do it all of the time.

Go to the Auctions tab/window
Auction site on the menu
Select Queue Lot for listing

Now here is where you need to pay attention.
The "Queue lot for listing" dialog box that appears offers several options.

Select "Queue for listing on" option. There is a date field next to that option. Be default the date that appears will be today's date, that is until you change the date.

You can elect to Queue an Auction lot for listing months in advance. In fact years in advance if you like

The Auction lot will not appear in the Select Lots to List dialog box until that date rolls around.

Just be sure you change the date back to the current date the next time you Queue something or you could end up with Auction lots Queued on the incorrect date. Ask me how I know to watch out for that

Does that help??

Judy/blue

*Threaded Mode
Jump to

www.AuctionWizard2000.com | Contact Us Forums powered by WWWThreads