Listing
   >> eBay
Thread views: 16189 Previous threadView all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)
shopalexis
(stranger )
03/27/07 09:29 PM
Consignor information please  

Hello everyone!
I am new to AW2K and loving it! The only problem I'm having right now is with consignors. Is there an option somewhere that I can set where the consignor pays for the listing fees even if the auction doesn't sell? Or does it add ALL listing fees together once the item sells.
Let's say I have to list an item 3 times before it sells; I have 3 total listing fees (because I only get refunded if it sells the 2nd time around - on ebay). I want the consignor to pay for all 3 times of listing.
I have a few items of a consignors that did not sell but the listing fees for those items are not showing up on the report.
Help please!
Alexis

bluepennylady
(old hand)
03/27/07 09:55 PM
Re: Consignor information please new [re: shopalexis]  

Hi, Alexis,

Welcome!! Glad you are finding AW2K a great tool and enjoying all its many features. It is fun to learn it all, isn't it!

Let me see if I can help a bit. So I understand you correctly in that you wish for your consignors to pay for the listing fees prior to the Auction lot selling? Normally, a consignor pays all fees associated with the sale after the item has sold. The report will add up all the related to the transaction according to the way you have a particular consignor set up.

Does that help at all?

Judy/blue

shopalexis
(stranger )
03/28/07 08:58 AM
Re: Consignor information please new [re: bluepennylady]  

I have a consigner (my Dad) who says that even if the item does not sell he will pay the listing fees so that nothing comes out of my pocket. I can go to ebay and look up the fees, etc but I wanted the report to just capture them after the auction closed; sell or no sell. That way it would be listed with the items that DID sell for him; all in one report.
Alexis

bluepennylady
(old hand)
03/28/07 09:06 AM

Alexis,

Let me look before I speak. If I remember correctly, a report can be customized to show those fees.

Judy/blue

shopalexis
(stranger )
03/28/07 09:29 AM

I tried to customize it but that seemed to only be the layout of the report. I'll keep digging but I don't think it snags them if they are only offline. I did have a thought though: when I return the items to the consignor (that didn't sell) I will see if it will let me "close" them out and then maybe they will show up in the report. I'm not sure if I can "close" it though if it hasn't been invoiced. Hmmmmm!
Learning as I go......but still LOVE the program! It has made my life SO much easier.
Am thinking about opening an ebay store since the program helps me list SO many more auctions than I've been able to in the past.
Love it!
Alexis

bluepennylady
(old hand)
03/28/07 09:35 AM

Alexis,

Try using the Auction lot reports | fee summary by profile and sort by consignor. See if that works better for you. just keep in mind that if the lot sells at a later time, you could end up charging the consignor fee twice.

Let me know if that report works better or not.

Judy/blue

shopalexis
(stranger )
03/28/07 09:42 AM

Thank you, that shows them but like you said it can be duplicated. But at least I can take them from there and maybe type up my own or something. That's a start.
Thank you so much for your help.
Alexis

bluepennylady
(old hand)
03/28/07 09:48 AM

Alexis,

Let me think on this for a bit. I have an idea or two running through this little pea brain of mine that might work

Judy/blue

bluepennylady
(old hand)
03/28/07 02:31 PM

Alexis,

Okay, I'm back. Work has been a bit hectic today

Try using the Auction lots List Report. Select Offline and the consignor as well as the Profile. You can customize the report and remove the description field etc so all you see are the fees.

Now if you have already charged the consignor for a fee on an unsold Auction lot be sure to go to the "Additional Fields" tab on the Auction lot and delete the fee. If you don't and the auction lot sells later, the fee will show up on the consignor report you generate from the Invoices.

Does that make sense?

Judy/blue

shopalexis
(stranger )
03/28/07 08:05 PM

Awesome, Thank you. I'll check that out as soon as I can.
Sorry if I caused any inconvenience.
Alexis

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Previous threadView all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode
Jump to

www.AuctionWizard2000.com | Contact Us Forums powered by WWWThreads