Listing
   >> eBay
Thread views: 7005 *Threaded Mode

kathybrbkr
(stranger )
05/05/07 08:28 AM
Postal Changes - Program Update?  

I was wondering if/when an update would be happening in reference to the USPS changes? I'm getting ready to re-list my store items and the ones I've listed already I get error messages because the USPS has changed the names of some of the services.

Such as Global Priority Mail is now going to be called something else. I would like to list my new store items, but would like to have the correct wording for the shipping method.

Will an upgrade be coming soon, before the changes? Or, will I need to wait until after the changes are in affect? I'd hate to have to go to eBay and make manual changes later on.

bluepennylady
(old hand)
05/05/07 08:44 AM
Re: Postal Changes - Program Update? new [re: kathybrbkr]  

HI,

Are you getting error messages or warnings? eBay has been returning warnings concerning the Postal changes for several days. The Auctions will still be listed.

There will be a program update. However, no developers or programmers can update their software programs until eBay releases the API. At last word, the new API had not yet been released.

eBay is helping a bit with the changes. All Auctions listed from May 2 and will end on May 10 or after are displaying the new postal charge when the buyer checks the shipping calculator. However, at the checkout level, if the buyer checks out and pays for the Auction prior to May 10, the buyer will pay the old shipping rates. After May 10, the buyer will pay the new shipping rates.

eBay is also displaying a note to the buyers concerning the changes. And to International buyers, they are displaying a warning that services will no longer be available after May 14 and to check with the seller for a correct shipping charge.

All calculated shipping auctions, will automatically update to the new charges. If you offer Flat rate services, you will have to manually edit those auctions. The Mass Listing editor does not provide the necessary fields for correcting shipping. That is unless eBay updates it this next week. I tested the Mass Listing Editor this past week again. And it does not provide the necessary fields to any seller for actually changing shipping options.

eBay is offering credits for sellers whose auctions need to be edited and cannot be. The credit applies only to Store inventory, Fixed pricing auctions.

Here is the link to the announcement as well as the qualification criteria:

http://www2.ebay.com/aw/core/200705.shtml#2007-05-01092138

Judy/blue

kathybrbkr
(stranger )
05/05/07 08:56 AM
Re: Postal Changes - Program Update? new [re: bluepennylady]  

Rats - I thought that might be the problem!

I offer flat rate service as most of my items are custom printed party favors. I do offer the occasional item with calcuated shipping, but most are flat rate.

Well, I guess I'll just list the regular auction items and hold off listing my store items until after eBay releases the code - I'd hate to have to manually change 100s of store items!

Thank you for your reply!

bluepennylady
(old hand)
05/05/07 08:59 AM
Re: Postal Changes - Program Update? new [re: kathybrbkr]  

Hi,

Most of us are in the same boat. I am not relisting any eBay store auctions until after the USPS change. I have pulled all my Store Auctions way down so there wont' be such a mess to deal with.

I can't wait to see what next Friday brings. Last shipping day prior to the actual change. It could be hectic.

Judy/blue

*Threaded Mode
Jump to

www.AuctionWizard2000.com | Contact Us Forums powered by WWWThreads