Listing
   >> eBay
Thread views: 7397 Previous threadView all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode

lindanorby
(stranger )
05/06/07 02:32 PM
eBay New Feedback System new  

Does anyone have thoughts on how well or not the new eBay system will work? As a seller, I'm a little concerned...particularly because there are some things in the detail rating that I have no control over, such as how long it takes the shipper to deliver once I have dropped it off.

Another worry is that there is no recourse to dispute unjustified or unfair ratings by buyers.

Linda

bluepennylady
(old hand)
05/06/07 03:10 PM
Re: eBay New Feedback System new [re: lindanorby]  

Linda,

I am equally concerned about the detail ratings. What I have suggested (and am doing myself) is submitting suggestions in the suggestion box at eBay.

Go to the Site map. In the third column part way down is the Suggestion Box.

I have suggested that either eBay make the details of the star ratings available to sellers or discontinue them. As if the details are not available about what the buyers want or say, there is not a way in the world to improve our service, etc.

The Stars tell me nothing. If a buyer thinks my description was inadequate, I need to know precisely what the buyer needed or wanted or I am unable to improve. I told ebay in the suggestion that teachers are afforded the details of their evaluations which is in essence what the detail ratings actually are. And the details are necessary for improvement (or just ignore the jerks )

And I agree about being able to defend the bad ratings by buyers. Can you imagine how the buyers are going to react to shipping charges in another week? The increases are significant. And I don't believe for one minute the buyers are paying attention to all the notifications concerning the USPS rate increases.

Judy/blue

lindanorby
(stranger )
05/06/07 03:15 PM
Re: eBay New Feedback System [re: bluepennylady]  

Judy...I'm going to do precisely as you suggested..I'm also going to pass this info along to a small group of sellers I communicate with on eBay. We're all worried about this.

bluepennylady
(old hand)
05/06/07 03:25 PM
Re: eBay New Feedback System new [re: lindanorby]  

Linda,

I have seller friends that are concerned as well. I read through some of the discussion boards and there is no much just flat out gripping, arguing, etc, I don't believe eBay will pay attention. According to eBay, they do pay attention to the suggestions that come in. So that is what I started doing. It was an eBay employee that told me to use the suggestion box.

Let me know if your seller friends have other ideas too. As well as what you and your seller friends suggestions are about the feedback system. If we all start sending in the same suggestions, eBay might listen. There is power in numbers.

Judy/blue

Previous threadView all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode
Jump to

www.AuctionWizard2000.com | Contact Us Forums powered by WWWThreads