Listing
   >> eBay
Thread views: 8399 Previous threadView all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode

AquilaStamps
(enthusiast)
05/06/07 06:27 PM
Yahoo Auctions Closing Down new  

Hi Everyone:

Today Yahoo announced they will be stopping auctions in The U.S. and Canada. I'm not sure how many AW2K'ers do Yahoo but it is important to realize that this will have some impact on eBay. I know several people that post to both eBay and Yahoo. Their plans all seem to be to let Yahoo run its course and then move everything over to their eBay listings. A few want to open eBay stores but the majority have expressed their need to bulk up their eBay listings.

If anyone is doing well in a particular eBay category or is considering adding one of the eBay categories to their listings it is a good idea to check out what's happening on Yahoo. It is worth the time to check out Yahoo auctions just to see who is still selling there and who they are and what their categories are. Maybe those of us mostly on eBay can do something with our listings to help spark them up - anything to help make them stand out from the crowd of Yahoo users coming in soon.

We are all lucky to be using AW2K. With some tweaking with template manager we have the ability to make our auctions and store items a bit more noticable from others. At one time I was able to sell quite a bit of stuff on Yahoo and use the AW2K templates but then Yahoo started slowing down so haven't posted there in a while.

Anyway, this is just a heads up as I think it may have some impact on those selling on eBay. Good luck with all your listings and may the bidders flock to your super auctions.

Garry

bluepennylady
(old hand)
05/07/07 09:25 AM
Re: Yahoo Auctions Closing Down new [re: AquilaStamps]  

Garry,

I didn't see that announcement. Thanks ever so much.

I haven't been able to list on Yahoo for several months. There is a glitch on my Yahoo account and tech support has been less than interested in assisting me. Now I know exactly why. I hadn't checked Yahoo announcements in a few weeks.

There will be an influx of sellers. That is for sure. Lots of disgruntle Overstock Auction sellers had moved to Yahoo as it was free. They are going to be forced to move back to eBay.

Judy/blue

AquilaStamps
(enthusiast)
05/07/07 10:11 AM
Re: Yahoo Auctions Closing Down new [re: bluepennylady]  

Judy:
You're welcome - I wondered if a lot of people saw it. I saw it reading a NY Post on line article and also later I saw AuctionBytes had a story too. Here is the article very short and sweet:

===========================
Yahoo to Close US, Canadian Auction Sites

May 04, 2007

Yahoo announced Friday morning that the company has decided to close the Yahoo US and Canada Auctions sites. It said it will continue to operate its international auction businesses, including its auction properties in Hong Kong, Singapore, and Taiwan.

Yahoo Auctions will no longer accept listings as of June 3, 2007, on the US and Canadian sites, which will close on June 16, 2007. The last day to bid or buy is June 16, 2007, and users will be able to access their accounts through October 29, 2007.

Listings will not auto re-submit after June 3, 2007, and as of May 4th, Auctions Scheduler and Auto Resubmit features will no longer be available.

Buyer Protection Plan claims must be submitted no later than 60 days after buyers have been declared the winning bidder for an auction.

Meanwhile, The New York Post said Friday that Microsoft has intensified its pursuit of a deal with Yahoo to acquire the company
===================================
Hope it helps. You're right all of those eBayers that went to Overstock and then to Yahoo will be coming back to eBay. So there will be lots of people looking for buyers. I stopped on Yahoo about 3 months ago as customers were getting few and far between and even though there was no charge it was foolish to tie up time and product there.

I feel that if those of us that are on eBay now and are working smartest and using our templates and material to the best of our ability should have a foot up on the roaring crowd heading toward eBay.

Garry

bluepennylady
(veteran)
05/07/07 10:20 AM
Re: Yahoo Auctions Closing Down new [re: AquilaStamps]  

Garry,

That is one reason why it is so important to be sure we have all the "stuff" enabled in our Store listings that make us more visible. And using good Listing templates is one of the things eBay promotes as increasing sell through rates. Since Aw2000 has the best listing templates around, we are way ahead.

Have you tried using some of the new Listing templates eBay offers? The last class I taught at the college, some of my students elected to use those templates instead of AW2000. (who knows why :o) Those templates and the logos look like cartoon characters. I did not find them enticing or attractive at all. The good thing, the students that used AW2000 to list had better sale through rates and their auctions were more professional in appearance. So as the auctions ended, other students moved to AW2000. Hee, hee, I know why!! But I didn't say "I told you so." I was a good girl.

Judy/blue

AquilaStamps
(enthusiast)
05/07/07 10:28 AM
Re: Yahoo Auctions Closing Down new [re: bluepennylady]  

Judy:
You could have said it under your breath real quiet like and still have been a good girl. I looked at the "new" eBay templates and didn't like them. Most of them looked the same and they all had a clip-art look to them. I guess your classroom experience bears that out. The AW2K templates outsold the eBay templates.

I think all of the different things that eBay allows you to do with the Store and Auction page all help. I just don't know about turning them all on at once. I've rotated the use of the "features" and that seems to work.

Garry

bluepennylady
(veteran)
05/07/07 10:31 AM
Re: Yahoo Auctions Closing Down [re: AquilaStamps]  

Garry,

"Clip art" That is the word I was looking for. I will remember that. It does look like Clip art. And I was not impressed at all. I don't even like the new Sell Your Item Form 3. It is hard for newbies to navigate through. I spent more time helping new students try to list. The AW2000 students had all their stuff online in nothing flat.

Judy/blue

Previous threadView all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode
Jump to

www.AuctionWizard2000.com | Contact Us Forums powered by WWWThreads