>> eBay
Thread views: 15315 Previous threadView all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode

mikekrol
(stranger )
05/11/07 03:13 PM
error code 37 new  

Hi All,

I am trying to list auctions on ebay and keep getting this error

3606 API Error Code 37: Input data for tag <Item.ShippingDetails> is invalid or missing. Please check API documentation.

Now in the past it is because I left a box unchecked on shipping option page. I was trying to list using "OLD or CURRENT" USPS int option and new USPS int option. It would not fly. However when using "Current " rate I was able to list ?? Should I just wait for NEW USPS int rates to take effect?? If so I will upload all auctions using old int rate calculator and then edit listings in ebay editor.

Thanks for any help, thoughts

AquilaStamps
(enthusiast)
05/11/07 03:38 PM
Re: error code 37 new [re: mikekrol]  

Hi:
I think you have really solved your own problem with the rates. I ran into the same problem and sometimes when that happens I've forgotten to put $0.00 in the additional Item Ship column. However, that wasn't the case so I switched back to the old form and it listed without any problems. You're also correct in thinking that you can go in using eBay's edit your auction tools. Howver, check a Post by Judy where the Calculated Rate portion on eBay isn't always working properly.

PART OF WHAT SHE WROTE:

eBay is experiencing a pretty good bug in the shipping calculator. IF you enter in a package dimension for any shipping service other than the Oversize 1 or 2 service, eBay sees the package as "irregular or unusual" checks that option, (even though it is not selected in AW2000). Then eBay changes your Auction listing to a dimensional weight and the shipping charges are bumped up accordingly.

END OF QUOTE

If you're using flat rate you're OK. Otherwise you will have to do some fancy changes to make the calculated rate thingie work on eBay.

Garry

bluepennylady
(veteran)
05/11/07 04:14 PM

Mike,

You cannot use the new shipping options until Monday May 14. All the old options will be gone on eBay Monday, and new services will appear.

As long as you don't use package size dimensions in AW2000, the calculator works just fine. IT is when you include the box dimensions that you encounter a problem.

As far as editing live auctions, I tested the Mass Listing Editor two days ago. eBay has updated it to allow changing three domestic and three International shipping services for calculated shipping. There is another thread about Mass LIsting editor. Works okay

http://forums.auctionwizard2000.com/cgi-bin/showflat.pl?Cat=&Board=ListingEbay&Number=6383&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5

You can bulk update all the shipping options in AW2000 as well. There are a couple of ways to do that as well.

Judy/blue

mikekrol
(stranger )
05/11/07 05:06 PM
Re: error code 37 new [re: bluepennylady]  

Thanks everyone,

I used bulk editor the last few days in ebay and it works fine for what I had to do for int shipping. I have about 50 listings I willl have to end and relist as these were multiple item listings with a sale.

Now the good news. Thom @ AW was kind to almost instantaneously email me back about this error code and I have a link to a patch that I will be posting here soon. I hope this is ok to do. It affresses this error code and maybe the dimension issue that Gary refered to.

Mike

AquilaStamps
(enthusiast)
05/11/07 05:10 PM
Re: error code 37 [re: mikekrol]  

Mike:
Double check on eBay - under announcements I think - becausde a few days ago they said they would be giving credits for store items that were canceled and then relisted with changed shipping information. They had some of their famous rules that had to be followed, but at least there would be a credit issued. Comes down to no extra charge to cancel a stores item, fix the shipping, and relisting it.

Hope this helps

found the link:
http://www2.ebay.com/aw/core/200705.shtml#2007-05-01092138
it is for GTC store items and there are other restrictions.

Garry

Edited by AquilaStamps on 05/11/07 05:14 PM (server time).

mikekrol
(stranger )
05/11/07 05:28 PM
Re: error code 37 new [re: AquilaStamps]  

Gary,

Thanks, I have had problems in the past relisting an item directly through ebay as it sometimes referenced pics in the wrong place. But this was long ago, perhaps it is different now.

I just tested AW patch and it works very well. I was able to list using the Economy parcel post and soon to be International Global at the same time. Also I used dimensions because I am concerned about shipping priority to zones 5-8 and it works fine, ebay did not list item as irregular shaped. I used 12x12x13, just over 1 cubic ft.

Here is the link for the update

Hi Mike,

We are testing a patch that should correct the problem. Follow these
instructions to install the patch:

1. Make sure AW2000 is closed.

2. Download the patch installer from this URL:

http://www.auctionwizard2000.com/updates/Aw2k1336Patch1.exe

3. Run the patch installer (Aw2k1336Patch1.exe) to install the patch.

Please let me know if that solves the problem or not.

Regards,

Thom Withgott
President
Standing Wave Software, Inc.

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Fri, 11 May 2007 18:01:25 -0400
To: Auction Wizard <info@auctionwizard2000.com>
Subject: code 37 and listing to ebay

Hi,

I downloaded update for new shipping int rates and get the following
error

3606 API Error Code 37: Input data for tag <Item.ShippingDetails> is
invalid or missing. Please check API documentation.

Please help me with this error as I wish to upload auctions. I
rechecked shipping page and do not seem to be able to find error. However
I am trying to use the "new global priority rate" However I have been
able to upload AW to ebay using the current int rates. If this is
something I have to live with, my work around might be to use AW with the
old rates until they expire and edit listings on ebay to reflect new rates.

Thanks,
Mike Krol

Well one agaim, thanks for your help........

Mike

bluepennylady
(veteran)
05/11/07 07:37 PM

Mike,

Thank you ever so much for the information.

Judy/blue

bluepennylady
(veteran)
05/11/07 07:38 PM

Mike

OK!! It is wonderful, GREAT, excellent hummm I can't think of another word

Thanks for sharing.

Judy/blue

AquilaStamps
(enthusiast)
05/12/07 06:42 AM

Mike:
Thanks for the link. I downloaded it last evening, ran the patch, and it's great. Thanks for the info and for contacting Thom with the situation so he could work it out.

Thanks again

Garry

Ned
(journeyman)
05/12/07 09:24 AM

IMO, a patch sent to one of us for testing should not be more widely distributed. Thom sent it to one or more of us so that we could be guinea pigs. There's always a chance, even with the Auction Wizard Team, that the patch isn't quite ready for prime time--which is why Tom cautiously asks a few of us to try it first.

Thom's always been extremely prompt about general releases of tested fixes. We should wait until he does so.

Ned

Previous threadView all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode
Jump to

www.AuctionWizard2000.com | Contact Us Forums powered by WWWThreads