Listing
   >> eBay
Thread views: 6340 Previous threadView all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode

AquilaStamps
(enthusiast)
05/16/07 07:56 AM
Google Base & eBay Stores new  

Hi:

If anyone is using Google Base and uploading their material using Google Base Store Connector you may have been experiencing problems. The problem only occurs with those who have subscribed to the PayPal / eBay security key. If you have subscribed to Google Base prior to getting the key or are just setting up the Store Connector you will have to enter the security key number after your eBay password each time Store Connector tries to connect. Prior to the security key all that needed to be done was:

eBay User ID: username
eBay User Password: password

With the security key each time it is necessary to change the procedure to:

eBay User ID: username
eBay User Password: password123456 (where the number is the current security key setting)

I know it sounds confusing but once you open Store Connector you will see where you need to enter that information each time by tacking it to the end of your password. If you save your username and password make sure you wipe out the saved password and enter the new information each time. If your Store Connector has quit working and you have a Security Key this procedure will make everything work just great. You may be asked a second time for user name and password. Make sure you check the security key as the number probably has changed.

Hope this helps. And if you have not tried Google Base it is something every eBay store owner really should look at. Google does not charge for this service and it opens up your listings to anyone who searches via Google. If a "hit" is made in their search that fits one or more of your store items they are directed to your Google Store listing. Google Base really helps to increase store sales.

Garry

bluepennylady
(veteran)
05/16/07 08:35 AM
Re: Google Base & eBay Stores new [re: AquilaStamps]  

Garry,

Thanks for the info!! I am getting ready to publish my store items again this week with Google Base. It has been working kind of weird anyway. (I do not have the security key yet. Need to get that done.) But Google base was really weird a few days ago even without the security key thing.

Glad you figured it out and then shared. Now the rest of us won't have to sit for umpteen hours trying to figure out what in the world is wrong.

Judy/blue

AquilaStamps
(enthusiast)
05/16/07 09:06 AM
Re: Google Base & eBay Stores [re: bluepennylady]  

Judy:

You're welcome. It took some head scratching (nope didn't damage anything) to figure out the problem. Even the support team at google didn't know what to do. I took my clue from the login at PayPal and eBay - they have a line about making it quicker to log in.

If your Google Base is messed up and or quirky lately you may need the new update. It was updated a few days ago. I found that out when I went to list and it really didn't work right and then crashed. I restarted the program and it then said there was an update. The update downloaded and it all worked well.

you can download the upgrade at

http://base.google.com/base/storeconnector

Garry

Previous threadView all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode
Jump to

www.AuctionWizard2000.com | Contact Us Forums powered by WWWThreads