Listing
   >> eBay
Thread views: 30795 Previous threadView all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)
bluepennylady
(veteran)
05/24/07 09:00 AM
Re: PayPal Security Key and AW? new [re: Ned]  

Ned,

Now I understand about branding and logos, advertisting, etc. But it makes no sense to me to have a security key to make it harder for someone to get into your account and then stick Paypal all over it. Go figure.

Judy/blue

AquilaStamps
(enthusiast)
05/24/07 02:54 PM

Ned:
Glad you got the logo off. I thought acetone might mess it up a bit. But it was worth it right? It is very much like the car dealer putting HIS logo on MY car and then refusing to pay me the going rates for a billboard. They never like it when I tell them the logo on the car is a deal breaker. LOL.

Garry

Ned
(journeyman)
05/24/07 04:13 PM
Re: PayPal Security Key and AW? new [re: AquilaStamps]  

Garry,

We might be related. I have never tolerated dealer advertising on a car. Not even a license plate frame.

The acetone damage was simply enough to smooth the texture of the plastic body. Small price to pay for the added security.

Ned

AquilaStamps
(enthusiast)
05/24/07 08:22 PM

Ned:
Ya never know - we just may be related somehow. I too won't ever allow their license plate advertising. They claim they don't understand why - everyone loves their frame. I'm so happy for everyone else.

It doesn't make sense to put the PayPal logo on the key - as you said security. They even tout it as something you can put on your keychain. Well what happens when your keys are lost - and someway the person who ends up with them knows you. I know it's a long stretch to say they can get into you PayPal account - but why tempt fate.

Garry

Ned
(member)
06/21/07 07:52 AM
Re: PayPal Security Key and AW? new [re: AquilaStamps]  

On June 15th at eBay Live, PayPal President Rajiv Dutta announced that the Security Key program was out of Beta, and therefore now a standard PayPal program.

I am delighted with my security key, and want to encourage everyone to sign up for this.

BTW, if you have multiple eBay or PayPal accounts, you can use a single Security Key for all of them. I've been using mine for two separate eBay accounts for a week now. No problem.

Ned

bluepennylady
(veteran)
06/21/07 08:00 AM

Ned,

Were you at eBay Live????? And I missed you???? Bummer!

I heard the announcement. Took one of the classes where they talked about it. I still need to get mine. One would think as much as I am online I would have already got that done

Judy/blue

Ned
(member)
06/21/07 08:23 AM
Re: PayPal Security Key and AW? new [re: bluepennylady]  

Judy,

"Were you at eBay Live?????"

No, but I read the RSS feed. :-)

BTW, the eBay General RSS feed has been fixed recently. When I first signed up for it, it just kept accumulating items. Nothing ever fell off the list. You'd get over a thousand items every time you refreshed, and all of them (even from 2004) would be shown as new. I almost dropped the feed, but it works properly now.

Ned

bluepennylady
(veteran)
06/21/07 09:44 AM

Ned,

That is good news about the RSS feeds. I stopped using it a long time ago because of all the junk. I will check it out again.

Thanks!!

Judy/blue

AquilaStamps
(enthusiast)
06/21/07 06:50 PM

Ned:
Let me add a vote to your comments. I too love my key and even use it with GoogleBase without a problem. It is a very good addition to the security measures that are already in place.

I think this is one of the better security measures available and it is well worth using.

Garry

Ned
(member)
06/28/07 08:44 AM

I spoke too soon about the eBay General RSS feed.

It's as bad as ever. Over 1100 messages marked as new, dating from 2004.

Ned

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)
Previous threadView all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode
Jump to

www.AuctionWizard2000.com | Contact Us Forums powered by WWWThreads