Listing
   >> eBay
Thread views: 17597 *Threaded Mode

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)
tictictic_OnEbay
(enthusiast)
07/23/07 06:38 PM
IT'S FIXED: Links to eBay auctions missing.... new [re: tictictic_OnEbay]  

THEY FIXED IT!!

It must have either been a glitch or a change that was so wrong-headed that they reversed it in just a few days.

Now, the only difference between how links to auctions were named before last weekend and how they are named today is that they dropped the word eBay from the beginning (kinda surprising).

A couple years ago, when they added "eBay" to the beginning of the links and moved the end date/time to the end of the link names, there were a lot of complaints. People's Favorites/link programs were no longer able to sort the links by date. EBay didn't care. We just had to drag them into chronological order. Well, anyway, they haven't moved the end dates back to the beginning of the links like many would prefer, but at least the end dates aren't missing, and they're including the auction ID #s again.

Here's an example:

Before the recent change:
eBay Vintage COBALT BLUE Hazel Atlas GLASS VASE (item 330131250133 end time Jun-13-07 205726 PDT)

After the recent change:
Vintage COBALT BLUE Hazel Atlas GLASS VASE on eBay, Pottery & Glass, Glass, Glassware, Cobalt

And today:
Vintage COBALT BLUE Hazel Atlas GLASS VASE - (item 330131250133 end time Jun-13-07 205726 PDT)

Sue

bluepennylady
(veteran)
07/23/07 06:55 PM
Re: IT'S FIXED: Links to eBay auctions missing.... new [re: tictictic_OnEbay]  

Sue,

That is wonderful news! I bet you are really glad to have that fixed. Thanks for letting us know. I forgot to check.

I will now go to my room without ice cream

Judy/blue

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)
*Threaded Mode
Jump to

www.AuctionWizard2000.com | Contact Us Forums powered by WWWThreads