Listing
   >> eBay
Thread views: 8034 Previous threadView all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode

scoobertfan
(stranger )
07/30/07 10:31 AM
ebay error code 240 new  

I have been trying to list some auctions to ebay over the weekend. Have not had any success. My pictures upload, but then I get the API error code 240 "item cannot be listed or modified title or descripiton may contain improper words (It is jewelry) or item may be in violation of ebay policy"????
Can anyone help me?
Thanks, I think I'm losing it!
~VJ

bluepennylady
(veteran)
07/30/07 10:37 AM
Re: ebay error code 240 [re: scoobertfan]  

Hi,

Nope you are not losing it That error code means something is wrong with your listing.

What is the auction duration? There are some categories you cannot use one day auctions on.

Be sure whatever Listing template you are using you have edited the Payment terms and eliminate Bidpay. It is no longer available. If that option is still in your Listing template, the auction will fail as eBay does not allow bidpay.

Let me know if that helps or not.

Judy/blue

bluepennylady
(veteran)
07/30/07 10:54 AM
Re: ebay error code 240 new [re: scoobertfan]  

HI,

I gave you the incorrect name. I am so sorry. It is Billpoint, not Bidpay. My word, It is after lunch and I must still need more coffee. I am very sorry.

Judy/blue

scoobertfan
(stranger )
07/30/07 10:58 AM
Re: ebay error code 240 new [re: bluepennylady]  

OMG! Thank you so much. Bidpay was still in my templates. I haven't listed an online auction in over a year & I was thinking I'd have to uninstall the AW program and reinstall etc.
You save me time & nerves!
Thank you, thank you, thank you................

bluepennylady
(veteran)
07/30/07 11:01 AM
Re: ebay error code 240 new [re: scoobertfan]  

HI,

You are so very welcome. I am so glad that fixed the error. It is almost impossible to keep up with all the changes eBay makes. One day you can use Billpoint/Bidpay and the next, you can't. I am just thrilled you are up and running!

Judy/blue

Previous threadView all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode
Jump to

www.AuctionWizard2000.com | Contact Us Forums powered by WWWThreads