Listing
   >> eBay
Thread views: 18743 Previous threadView all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)
moonstruck22
(journeyman)
08/06/07 04:30 PM
End of Auction Notifications  

I just had an auction end with a sale and ebay sent me the "Congrats you won" email. And strangely enough it was addressed to the buyer.
I also received the normal "congrats your auction ended with a sale" email.
Have they started to copy us on these emails, or is there a way to request that, and a way to shut it off. This could be real annoying to recieve both sides of the conversation.

Any insight, thanks,

Marty

bluepennylady
(veteran)
08/06/07 05:30 PM
Re: End of Auction Notifications new [re: moonstruck22]  

Marty,

I haven't had any notifications like that today. You might ought to check "My Messages" to see if the email with the winning bidder's user id is in My Messages.

I also double checked My Preferences. I do not see any type of option for sending a copy of winning bidder notification to the seller. I'll check more closely later tonight

Judy/blue

moonstruck22
(journeyman)
08/06/07 06:18 PM
Re: End of Auction Notifications new [re: bluepennylady]  

Judy,
No it didn't show up in My Messages.
I had never seen an email come in like this before, unless I was the buyer. It was the exact email that the buyer would get.
It may be a one time glitch I don't know 'cuz I only had one thing sell today. So I had nothing to compare it to, it just happened fhis one time.
I just know that if it would be like this all the time we all would have duplicate notifications and how fun would that be?!?
Hopefully it was just a one time thing, I am not going to worry too much about it, and when I sell a couple thousand things in the next couple days and recieve 4000 emails then I might dive in deeper but until then I will still get my 3 hours of sleep tonight.
I have been working on the ol' website and should have the catalog/shopping cart up live this week sometime then maybe sweet slumber will be the ticket!!! But until then there's nothing like HTML and PHP files to keep you awake, HAH!!

Thanks however for looking into it, let me know if you find anything!

Marty

bluepennylady
(veteran)
08/06/07 07:30 PM

Marty,

I think I would forward the entire email to eBay and explain what happened. The last time I got a strange email concerning the file exchange and I forwarded it, eBay discovered there was a glitch they were unaware of. So maybe something is messed up.

How about that! You are about to get the shopping cart in your website. My you have been working hard. Let me know when it is done, I want to see it.

Judy/blue

moonstruck22
(journeyman)
08/06/07 07:48 PM

Judy,

That is probably a great idea.
Where is the best place to forward it to?

I will let you know when the site is up and running.

Marty

bluepennylady
(veteran)
08/06/07 07:58 PM

Marty,

Just forward it to spoof@ebay.com

Explain what happened. You will most likely have to explain it more than once because most usually when you forward an email to spoof, you get an automated email, then the email that explains whether it was or was not from eBay.

Let us know what happens.

Judy/blue

moonstruck22
(journeyman)
08/08/07 08:52 PM

Well it has been a couple of days, sent multiple requests for explaination and NOTHIN"!!
Sold something again and received the same "set" of notifications. Get the usual, "your item sold" and then I get the "you won...", you would think that I was buying my own stuff!!
I am just going to wait and see what happens next. I am listing and relisting a bunch tomorrow and will have to see what happens when they all sell!!

I still feel that just maybe there is a place to copy yourself on the winner notification that eBay generates. But I know that I haven't changed anything to trigger that. So I don't know we'll see!

Marty

bluepennylady
(veteran)
08/08/07 09:33 PM

Marty,

I completely forgot about checking Preferences on ebay. I am so sorry. I"ll get that done.

Judy/blue

bluepennylady
(veteran)
08/08/07 09:40 PM

Marty,

Go to Marketing Tools | customize end of auction email. The setting for changing "copy end of auction" is located there. Or at least it looks like that could be the place to start. If it doesnt do it, let me know and I'll poke around some more.

Judy/blue

moonstruck22
(journeyman)
08/08/07 10:21 PM

Judy,

You go girl! I poked around earlier and couldn't find anything.
I didn't even bother to look at the Marketing tools, since it had the "new" logo and I hadn't looked at it before. At least that is what I thought. I actually had composed a rather nice custom email. I remembered after I got there!! One of those moments I guess. But I do not remember checking the "send me more emails please..............." box!!
Anyway that should be the reason we will have to see as time goes forward!

Thanks again,

Marty

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Previous threadView all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode
Jump to

www.AuctionWizard2000.com | Contact Us Forums powered by WWWThreads