Listing
   >> eBay
Thread views: 8540 Previous threadView all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode

moonstruck22
(journeyman)
08/08/07 09:09 PM
Driving your website from eBay??  

Is there a way to drive customers from your eBay listings and store to your website? In a way that will still keep the eBay gods happy enough to not pull your auctions!!

Marty

bluepennylady
(veteran)
08/08/07 09:38 PM
Re: Driving your website from eBay?? new [re: moonstruck22]  

Marty

On your "About Me" page you are allowed to display your favorite website. I have mine set to my "About Me" page on my personal website. Other than that, you have to use other methods.

You might consider including your website URL on your packing slip and Thank you notes which you include in all packages. Add your website URL to all of your AW2000 email templates as well as to your signature line in Outlook Express or whatever else you use as an email client.

Those are just a few things you can do to drive traffic to your own website.

Judy/blue

moonstruck22
(journeyman)
08/08/07 10:26 PM
Re: Driving your website from eBay?? new [re: bluepennylady]  

Judy,

Thanks, I will implement those ideas as soon as I can!

Marty

bluepennylady
(veteran)
08/09/07 05:49 AM
Re: Driving your website from eBay?? new [re: moonstruck22]  

Marty.

I will go find the free website submission tools also. and Google has a really cool Webmaster tool. There are all sorts of super helpful tidbits or full fledged step by step on increasing traffic to your website. There is even a Webmaster discussion board chunked full of do's an don't's.

Here is the URL to the Webmaster stuff

http://www.google.com/webmasters

If you have a Google account setup, you can move the Webmaster tools to your Start Account home page where you can access it easily. The Webmaster Help Center is really good.

If you already have this stuff, sorry about sending it again. If not, check it out. Good information.

Judy/blue

Tradeguy
(enthusiast)
08/11/07 08:53 AM
Re: Driving your website from eBay?? new [re: bluepennylady]  

I do all of those things, plus I add a "I carry lots of items not regularly offered on ebay" link in all of my auctions - that goes to my "about me" page (which is within ebay rules). My "about me" gives more details about my webstore, and a direct link.

I never write an email to a customer without including my webstore link. On my invoices I've added a "coupon code" for a 20% discount on any $20 purchase from my webstore.

All of these things combined drive about 30-40% of all my webstore traffic. Google adwords drive most of the rest.

Salvage_Hound
(stranger )
09/24/07 08:08 AM
Re: Driving your website from eBay?? new [re: Tradeguy]  

There are alot of great ideas here, will have to give them all a try. Thanks

Salvage Hound
Ruff Ruff, I smell deals about..
<a href="Http://stores.ebay.com/greenwood_Salvage">Greenwood Salvage Ebay Store</a>

Previous threadView all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode
Jump to

www.AuctionWizard2000.com | Contact Us Forums powered by WWWThreads