Listing
   >> eBay
Thread views: 20245 Previous threadView all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)
globalduk
(stranger )
08/14/07 07:36 PM
duplicate auctions being launched new  

this has happened twice now. I can't seem to see anything that happens to indicate there was an issue during posting the auctions to ebay.

I list the auction - aw shows only one listed in the database - but online - in ebay - TWO identical auctions were launched.
this time I didn't catch it until both sold - which puts me in a bad place.
Anyone have this happen and why?

The first time it happened I caught it. cancelled the auction that wasn't in AW. Then when that didn't sell and I relisted - it launched the auction twice again!!

bluepennylady
(veteran)
08/14/07 09:29 PM
Re: duplicate auctions being launched new [re: globalduk]  

Hi,

More than likely, you had an error or a warning returned by eBay during a listing session. And eBay's warning told aW2000 the auction didn't list when in fact it did.

Have you had an listing errors or warnings lately?

And yes I have experienced the same thing before, and it was just a week ago, I think. eBay was throwing server errors. I'll have to go back and check my listinglog files on the server to see which error it was. But eBay API was returning the Auction didn't list when it really did. I caught it because I knew how many auction lots I listed and I could see the Listing confirmation email notification count was the same number. So I got suspicious and checked. Sure enough the Auction lot listed.

The only thing you can do with your buyer is send an apology. Offer a replacement item or send them a small gift. Buyers usually respond positively to an honest explanation. They are people just like us that have stuff happen to them.

Let me know about the errors or warnings when listing.

Judy/blue

globalduk
(stranger )
08/15/07 06:00 AM
Re: duplicate auctions being launched new [re: bluepennylady]  

HI judy,

As I said in my initial post - there was nothing to indicate that an error or any kind had happen. No popup saying something - no failure to list etc.

ALSO - when it happen the first time - that item didn't sell, and when I relisted that item through aw2k - it again listed two.

Something happens to an auction lot - and it becomes corrupt or something like that.

bluepennylady
(veteran)
08/15/07 07:47 AM

Hi,

Did you check your AW2000 Auction lots to see if there were two identical auction lots in your database? You can search by Auction title line and see if two identical will come up in a search.

Please let me know if you find two identical Auction lots in your AW2000 database.

Judy/blue

bluepennylady
(veteran)
08/15/07 07:53 AM
Re: duplicate auctions being launched [re: globalduk]  

HI,

One other thing I need to ask about---when you are listing, does the Lister progress bar sometimes disappear and you click "List all lots" again?

Judy/blue

globalduk
(stranger )
08/15/07 07:53 AM

hi,

yes I searched the database to see if there were 2 listed in aw2k. There were not.

The listing is for the 24" 3.8 wide herring bone necklace.

ebay ID globalduk

feel free to take a look.

The other auction that listed twice was the ford bronco front grille.

globalduk
(stranger )
08/15/07 08:05 AM

judy,

I have not had the progress bar disappear and just click list again.

also - if I were to do that - it would theoretically list all the lots at that time for a second time. Not just one random one in the bunch.

Thanks for looking into this.

bluepennylady
(veteran)
08/15/07 08:12 AM

Hi,

If the progress bar disappears and you click "List all Lots" again, the next auction lot in line can be listed twice. Not all the Auction lots as the Auction id Number is stored for each Auction lot when listing.

The other factor that could occur is if the listing process is aborted when no time lapse is used. Have you had to abort listing?

Judy/blue

globalduk
(stranger )
08/15/07 08:20 AM

Hi Judy,

I have not aborted listing when this has happened.

I have aborted in the past - and have learned to look for any lots that say unlisted but have, since I don't use a time lapse in between lots and just toss them all up.

this dual listing doesn't seem to have any precursor - or post list error messages. Otherwise I would know to take a close look at my listings, and with only 100 or so running at a time, its not hard to run down the list and check for dupes etc.

really - its just a full moon or something. as the dual listings happend 10 and 13 days ago I belive, just 3 days ago - my whole aw2k farted and the stores catagories would not work, I had to rebuild the data base using that utility built into aw2k. THEN once it was done rebuilding and restarted then re imported store catagories - I noticed that lots of my pictures were gone. If you went to the auction lot, the tab was there with the picture name on it - but no picture was actually there.

I'd really like to start fresh - with a clean clean aw2k. I have some old - unsold lots in here that go back 2 years or more. I think the database is just getting bloated.
but I did the trial on another puter and imported my auctions from ebay - what a gooberish mess!!!

So I guess i'll stick with this.

bluepennylady
(veteran)
08/15/07 08:31 AM

Amy,

The missing images with the tabs still there is a database problem. Let's get hold of tech support before we go any further. I am thinking this may need Thom's help.

Don't delete the blank image tabs. Leave them alone for a bit. As that will only compound the problem. We can replace the images and get everything back into order. Just don't delete the blank image tabs. And I 'll get hold of tech support and see what he says.

Judy/blue

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Previous threadView all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode
Jump to

www.AuctionWizard2000.com | Contact Us Forums powered by WWWThreads