Listing
   >> eBay
Thread views: 9144 Previous threadView all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode

astor
(stranger )
09/01/07 04:00 PM
Ebay Scheduled Listing=Automated Listing"? new  

Hi - Newbie here - just getting some last questions answered before signing on. I just noticed in the 'Features' that it says 'Automated Listing' - I assume it's automated scheduling, relisting etc. Am I correct? Free scheduling is a HUGE part and is EXTREMELY important, so I just want to make sure I'm not 'ass-uming too much. thanks so much!

bluepennylady
(veteran)
09/01/07 07:20 PM
Re: Ebay Scheduled Listing=Automated Listing"? new [re: astor]  

Hi,

You can Queue Auctions to list any day in the future. Even months in advance. AW2000 will not display those auction lots until the day they are scheduled to list rolls around. The Queued auction lots are held in "Queued for Listing".

When you are ready to list, you simply go to the Auction lots tab/window
Click the "Auction Site" on the menu
Then select "List Queued lots"
A dialog box appears and you select only the Auction profile you want to list for that day. Click OK
AW2000 uploads your images to your FTP web space.
The Lister window opens and you click "List all lots".
You can select a time delay in-between lots or just list them as fast as your internet connection will upload.
AFter the listing process is finished, the Lister window will tell you it is done and you click Finish.
All done easy as pie.

Relisting an Auction does not cost you as far as AW2000 is concerned. And all Auction lots listed with AW2000 qualify for relist credits on eBay.

Hope that helps.

Judy/blue

Visit my eBay store!
http://stores.ebay.com/bluepennylady

astor
(stranger )
09/01/07 07:29 PM
Re: Ebay Scheduled Listing=Automated Listing"? new [re: bluepennylady]  

ok, so I can do all my listing in one or two days and schedule them for when I want to upload to ebay, right? Because I want to increase the number of auctions, I can't always be near a computer when I want them to be listed, hence the scheduled auctions becomes important. So far I'm totally thrilled with everything you've told me...just making sure I cover everything and there's no suprrises later.
Judy, I read your story about having a fire...I did too - early morning apartment fire - went back in for my then 10yr old daughter and got burned 40%, so I know about having to 'restart'! Anyway, thanks for your quick and very very thorough responses! I am soooo very excited - I feel like I finally got the answers I needed in one place! later...

bluepennylady
(veteran)
09/01/07 07:44 PM

HI,

Oh my, that is a far more serious fire than we had. We just lost "stuff" no one was injured or a life was not threatened. Stuff can be replaced. You can't be nor can your daughter. How horrible. I am so sorry!

Let me be sure I am clear......You cannot tell AW2000 that you want to list an Auction at 10:00 pm tonight and go off and leave the computer running and the auction list all on its own. You have to push the "List all lots" button.

I use logmein.com to list when I want to. That is if I am listing at a time when I am not at work. Like on the weekends. In fact, I am listing right now, (or just finished actually) while I checked in with the Auction wizard board. And I am using logmein.com to access my company computer so I can list. I have been doing that for over a year. Love it. I can go home, or whereever I want. IN today's time and day, Internet connectivity it just about everywhere. There are not many places that you can't get online to do what needs to be done. Even 4 wheeling in the mountains

I honestly believe you will find the features in AW2000 will enable you to grow your online Auction business to something far greater than you imagined all the while maintaining a high level of customer service and professionalism.

Judy/blue

Visit my eBay store!

astor
(stranger )
09/01/07 07:48 PM

oh, so if I want to list an auction every 15 minutes for several hours in the morning, then later in the afternoon and later in the evening...I'd have to be there to push the button on each one as it's to be listed? Which means, no scheduled listings...correct?

bluepennylady
(veteran)
09/01/07 07:54 PM

Hi,

No that doesn't mean that at all. You can do that. I use the timed listings every single day. Did it tonight.

After you upload images and the Lister window appears. There is a time counter on the upper right hand side. You can use any time frame you want. 3 seconds in between listings or 1 hour. Whatever you want. You set the timer and AW2000 will submit the first auction and then the timer starts counting the time you have selected. When the counter hits zero, AW2K submits the next auction and the timer starts again. Etc until all your listings are listed.

Earlier this week, I set the timer to list auctions with 5 minutes inbetween, hit List all lots and left. Went to town, did my shopping, met my husband for dinner, Got home a couple of hours later and AW2K was all done listing. I hit "finish" and I was done.

Does that make better sense

Judy/blue

Visit my eBay store!

astor
(stranger )
09/01/07 08:00 PM

Isn't that scheduled listings? If I can set up in the am to list while I'm away during the day...that's scheduled listings...right? As long as I don't have to pay ebay another 10c for every auction I schedule, I'm happy!
Yup, the fire was tough - it was a tough couple of years there. But I'm blessed - I'm one of the few people who KNOWS what went through my mind on my death bed, and it wasn't all my crap or cash, that's for sure - it was the people I cared about - nothing else matters. Seems so simple yet most people just don't get it. I've seen the kindness of people - and later their greed - but the good usually comes through.
Again, thanks for your suggestions - this is really helping having someone else to discuss this with!

bluepennylady
(veteran)
09/01/07 08:06 PM
Re: Ebay Scheduled Listing=Automated Listing"? [re: astor]  

Hi,

Boy I hear you loud and clear. My husband and I were just so thankful that no one was hurt. One fireman almost fell through a floor trying to get out of the building. But he made it out okay. I understand completely what you mean.

Yes that is scheduled listings. I just wanted to be sure you understood what I meant. You have to initiate the listing process. But once it is going, I just walk off and leave my computers running often for hours. In fact, in a network. one computer can list for one profile while another computer is listing at the same time for another profile. We do that at work all the time.

I am heading off to bed. Man I am bushed after 4 wheeling all day. I know--- everyone feels so sorry for me. Being all this tired from playing. Pitiful aren't I

I am glad I can help. I don't mind answering your questions. If I know the answer

Judy/blue

Visit my eBay store!

Previous threadView all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode
Jump to

www.AuctionWizard2000.com | Contact Us Forums powered by WWWThreads