Listing
   >> eBay
Thread views: 18781 Previous threadView all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)
maisey
(stranger)
09/06/07 08:07 PM
Buyer address new  

Hi -
Is there anyway to get AW to get eBay buyer address so I can spend less time cutting and pasting? thanks

Maisey

bluepennylady
(Pooh-Bah)
09/06/07 08:24 PM
Re: Buyer address new [re: maisey]  

Maisey,

AW2000 will automatically extract and store the buyer's name and address for you.

You can use the End of Auction, Paypal payment, "I am sending money order, etc" email, Please send me total amount due, or a buyer's response to the AW2K winning bidder notification email.

Open the email, highlight the buyer's user id, email address or the auction id. We use the buyer's user id.

Right click and select "Find User id" from the pop up menu.
The buyer's invoice will appear below.
Associate the email to the Invoice,
Scroll down to the buyer's name/address.
Highlight name and address so it is blue
On the toolbar is a blue rectangle. It is to the immediate left of the little shipping truck.
When you hit that blue rectangle icon, the buyer's name and address is automatically stored in the appropriate fields.

Give it a try. Super fast to do.

Let me know if that helps

Judy/blue

Visit my eBay store!
http://stores.ebay.com/bluepennylady?refid=store

maisey
(stranger)
09/07/07 09:37 AM
Re: Buyer address new [re: bluepennylady]  

Hi, Judy/Blue
I'm sorry if I'm being thick about this but,
I've been sending out the invoices (original) from the eBay screen. So, I don't use AW to send emails. Do I do this from the INVOICES Screen, in AW2K after I tell AW to create invoices?
thanks
Maisey

Maisey

bluepennylady
(Pooh-Bah)
09/07/07 09:47 AM

Maisey.

That is not a "being thick" question at all. If you haven't done it before, then all my rambling instructions would sound completely confusing.

I didn't realize you were not Invoicing your buyers from AW2000. I am so sorry..

Here is how the process works in AW2000:

1. update your auctions
2. Generate Invoices
3. Retrieve email in AW2000
4. Open Paypal payments in the email reader window.

Then you start associating emails, extracting/storing buyer names & addresses, shipping charge, insurance and ship via. All from one screen.

When you record the payment in AW2000, an email notification is generated to that buyer. That is if you have that setup in your Auction profile that way.

I never Invoice a buyer through eBay. In fact, when I teach eBay classes, I always have to look hard at their Invoicing because I just do not use it. I use AW2K exclusively to manage my auctions.

Once you get the hang of invoicing, you will like it. I love being able to create Invoices for buyers, add whatever they want to it and send them out a total amount due.

If you start using AW2K to invoice and communicate with your buyers, you will find your buyers will start emailing you back on their payment received email. Or the shipping notice and they will return to you requesting more product

Does that make more sense?

Judy/blue

Visit my eBay store!

maisey
(stranger)
09/07/07 09:47 AM

Hi Judy,
I've just gone through under emails, opened one up to send to a buyer, found his USER ID, Highlighted it, right cklicked on it, and the menu I got was a standard copy cut paste drop down-
Maisey

Maisey

bluepennylady
(Pooh-Bah)
09/07/07 09:49 AM

Maisey,

Are you opening the email in AW2K in the email tab/window?

Judy/blue

Visit my eBay store!

maisey
(stranger)
09/07/07 01:01 PM
Re: Buyer address new [re: bluepennylady]  

OK, I will try to set up Aw to email. You may hear from me.!

Maisey

bluepennylady
(Pooh-Bah)
09/07/07 01:02 PM

Maisey,

If you need help, don't even think twice about hollering at me. I don't mind a bit.

Let me know how it goes.

Judy/blue

Visit my eBay store!

maisey
(stranger)
09/07/07 01:20 PM
Re: Buyer address [re: bluepennylady]  

Hi Judy
Faster than you thought, OK, got AW to get my email off my server, got a question on an item, and opened the email and saw the icon for opening the invoices window, now this item is still running, so no invoice yet. But tonight, when they close and I get the notifications from eBay, open them up in AW email, hit the database invoices icon and that opens, below the email, then what do I do to get all the information in?

Maisey

bluepennylady
(Pooh-Bah)
09/07/07 01:37 PM

Maisey,

Boy you are speedy Gonzales!!

After Invoices are generated, and you open an email, highlight the User id, right click and select "Find user Id" from the pop up menu, the Invoice pane will automatically display below for you along with the correct Invoice.

You will see on the center dividing line, a yellow hand pointing up towards the body of the email. That Yellow hand is the "Associate" button. When you click it, the email will associate with the Invoice. Meaning that you can go to the Invoice, click on the email tab on the center divider and that email will appear there. Think of it as building a file folder for each buyer only without all the paper.

If a buyer replies to an AW2000 email and the Invoice number is in the subject line, the email automatically associates so you won't have to. A lot of times if I am replying to a buyer, I'll just change the subject line a little and add the Invoice number so the association process is automatic.

After you have found the correct Invoice, the steps I have earlier will work hunky dorey.

Highlight shipping cost, including the dollar sign. Click the little blue truck on the toolbar and the shipping cost auto stores.

Highlight the insurance, if it is a factor, click the "Ins$" sign on the tool bar, and the insurance cost is auto stored.

Highlight the "Ship via" method, right click and select "Store ship via" from the pop up menu. And that stores as well. Don't be alarmed if you receive a message that a particular ship via method is not in the 'ship via" list. That is normal the first time you store a new ship via method. Just click OK when AW2000 asks if you want to store the new ship via method.

You scroll down on the email, highlight the buyer's name and address, click the blue rectangle box to the immediate left of the shipping truck icon, and the buyer's name and address will store for you as well.

You can even create Auction lot email templates for responding to inquiries so you do not have to type the same information over and over again. We answer all inquires from AW2000 instead of Outlook Express. That way everyone has access to the answer to any particular inquiry. Just in case a buyer says they were told something they were or were not

Does that help??

Judy/blue

Visit my eBay store!

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Previous threadView all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode
Jump to

www.AuctionWizard2000.com | Contact Us Forums powered by WWWThreads