Listing
   >> eBay
Thread views: 23900 Previous threadView all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)
bluepennylady
(Pooh-Bah)
10/12/07 07:05 PM
Re: I-V-O-R-Y (Nazi item update) new [re: tictictic_OnEbay]  

Sue,

Now where did you find the "no ship to" countries at the USPS again?

Judy/blue

Visit my eBay store!
http://stores.ebay.com/bluepennylady?refid=store

tictictic_OnEbay
(enthusiast)
10/12/07 07:20 PM
Re: I-V-O-R-Y (Nazi item update) new [re: bluepennylady]  

You mean that list of countries suspended from Click-N-Ship? I didn't find it at USPS. It was in an email they sent in reply to my inquiry (if you Google on something like suspended "click n ship" countries, the list shows up on a couple non-USPS sites). As far as I know, the list is not published on the USPS site. I've gotten a little more info in the last couple days. I've been told there was a "police action" involving fraud allegations a few weeks ago, and these countries were suspended from Click-N-Ship services only (so you can't get the 5% discount for online labels). You can still ship to them, and if you want to buy postage online, USPS suggests Endicia or PCPostage.

Here's the list:

Russia, Ukraine, Nigeria, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan Kampuchea (Cambodia), Kampuchea, Latvia, Turkmenistan, Moldova, Armenia, Belarus, Lithuania, Benin, Serbia-Montenegro, Ghana, and South-West Africa.

As yet, no one has explained exactly what kind of fraud has been perpetrated by people who receive Click-N-Ship labels in these countries. My Latvian buyer received his package and left nice Feedback, so everything is honky-dory.

Sue

bluepennylady
(Pooh-Bah)
10/12/07 07:45 PM

Sue,

Well no wonder I couldn't find the info at the USPS site. But you know, it really should be something they provide.

hey that is good news your buyer got his package.

Thanks for taking the time to post all those countries!!

Judy/blue

Visit my eBay store!

AquilaStamps
(addict)
10/12/07 08:39 PM

Sue:

Good for you. Sounds as if there is lots of interest already. Hope that it goes through the roof for you. Keeping fingeres crossed here for you. Go get 'em - there's more than one way to sell on eBay

Garry

Ned
(member)
12/05/07 07:57 AM
Re: I-V-O-R-Y (Nazi item update) new [re: AquilaStamps]  

Here's another eBay oddness: I listed a US military packing case, possibly intended to be used as a field office. It's just a box, folks, not a weapon or insignia. Listing went OK, but then I couldn't see my own listing in my browser. I was logged onto eBay through eBay.com, and am US-based.

After dealing with eBay support (grumble, grumble), I discovered that since I had listed German and French as acceptable languages in my browser, eBay would not show listings that violated French or German law. I know it sounds odd, but as soon as I deleted the other languages from my browser preferences and restarted, I could see my listing.

If eBay has to choose between being hauled into court by a government on the one hand and upsetting you on the other, you know which one they have to choose.

Nonetheless, it's a PITA for anyone who is multilingual (or at least can stumble through a website in another language). The more languages you're willing to cope with, the more restrictions eBay will place on what you can see.

Ned

bluepennylady
(Pooh-Bah)
12/05/07 08:33 AM
Re: I-V-O-R-Y (Nazi item update) new [re: Ned]  

Ned,

You have got to be kidding. Just because you have more than one language pack on your browser?? Now that is completely odd..... I am glad you got it figured out. And thanks for taking the time to post what you found out.

That was a pain for you. But your experience will be real helpful for the rest of us....

Judy/blue

Visit my eBay store!
Visit our website too!
http://www.pennyworthsales.com

AquilaStamps
(addict)
12/12/07 05:39 AM
Re: I-V-O-R-Y (Nazi item update) new [re: Ned]  

Ned:
That is a twilight zone experience. I agree with your assessment - eBay often seems to choose the least obvious method. It appears that it is better for them to choose the option that will upset the seller.

Have you considered using Firefox for checking your eBay lots that "don't show" so you do not have to take off the language preferences. I have a barebones FireFox installation on another 'puter that I use when I'm having problems doing something in IE. It often helps solve the problem.

Thanks for the info.

Garry

Ned
(member)
12/12/07 06:33 AM
Re: I-V-O-R-Y (Nazi item update) new [re: AquilaStamps]  

Garry--

I use Firefox and only Firefox unless forced by an incompetent website to use IE. I've also got Opera and IE7 just to see how things look. And Firefox and Konqueror on Linux.

Incidentally, the Firefox IETab add-on, which allows Firefox to display a particular page using IE, is very convenient. You can shift browser engines on the fly if a new site doesn't look right, or mark a particular site so that FF always displays it using the IE engine. Pretty cool.

The idea of a vanilla browser to check websites is a good one.

Merry Christmas,
Ned

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Previous threadView all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode
Jump to

www.AuctionWizard2000.com | Contact Us Forums powered by WWWThreads