Listing
   >> eBay
Thread views: 7065 Previous threadView all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode

tictictic_OnEbay
(addict)
09/11/08 00:48 AM
Auction Invisible in T-and-D Searches  

I have this one auction (could be others; who knows?!!) that doesn't show up in search results for Title and Description. The problem was affecting several of my recent listings during the first about 12 hours online, but now it's just this one.

The title is Vintage Ginger Jar Hexagon Geisha Garden Japan Label

When I search in All Categories-Title Only on these keywords ---- ginger jar geisha japan ----- my auction is the only one that shows up. However, when I check the box to search Title and Description, two other items show up, both Store items (a few days ago, it was two auctions plus two Store items), but mine doesn't show up at all!

I added the keywords (hidden) to the bottom and top of the description (did it last night), but it still doesn't show up in a T-and-D search. I also tried searching with fewer and different keywords, but nothing works - this auction will not show up in a T-and-D search.

Anybody know why? Am I just overlooking something simple, or is this due to eBay's nutty search protocols? It's kinda troubling to think not only of how many of my own auctions don't show up in the T-and-D searches of potential buyers, but also what I'm not seeing when I'm the one doing the searching.

Sue

bluepennylady
(Pooh-Bah)
09/11/08 06:32 AM
Re: Auction Invisible in T-and-D Searches new [re: tictictic_OnEbay]  

Sue,

First, you ought to remove the hidden words in the description. eBay is clamping down on that type of thing. If they find the hidden keywords in the description, they will remove the listing and slap you with a violation. The Senior Director of Seller Development was here yesterday at the Rocketplace conference in Las Vegas. That was one of the bullets on his presentation..

The new search algorithm is changing in preparation for September 15. So some search scenarios are changing. If the auction was just listed in the last 24 hours, it might not show up until after 24 hours pass. So check it again this morning and see how it pulls up.

If there is still a problem, contact Live Help with the Auction id number as eBay is currently highly interested in how the search algorithm is working. So if you find what could be a bug, turn it in.

Let me know if it shows up this morning as there are still eBay directors here today. I'll bring it up in session. I need the Auction id number so shoot it off in an email to me.

Judy/blue

Visit my eBay store!
http://stores.ebay.com/bluepennylady?refid=store
Visit our website too!
http://www.pennyworthsales.com

tictictic_OnEbay
(addict)
09/11/08 10:17 PM
Re: Auction Invisible in T-and-D Searches new [re: bluepennylady]  

Ok, I removed the hidden keywords. Do the eBay police really care if there are hidden words that exactly match the words in the title? That can't be considered Keyword Spamming, can it?

Tonight, I came home to find there is a bid on this auction. And oddly enough, now when I repeat the same search in Title and Description, my auction does show up. The bid somehow caused it to register in the search algorithm??? It was listed 9-7-08, and for five days, it didn't show up in T-and-D searches no matter what I tried. Pretty strange.

Sue

bluepennylady
(Pooh-Bah)
09/11/08 10:22 PM
Re: Auction Invisible in T-and-D Searches new [re: tictictic_OnEbay]  

Sue,

Yes it is considered keyword spamming and search manipulation both. They said they were cracking down on it. Thought I should mention it. It is strange they talked about it here at RocketPlace so I figured they must be serious.

A past eBay higher up spoke today concering the Best Match search. Really very interesting. My best guess is that particular auction listing got caught in the black hole while all the new factors are being added to the search. I am glad it finally showed up. That is a good thing

Judy/blue

Visit my eBay store!
http://stores.ebay.com/bluepennylady?refid=store
Visit our website too!
http://www.pennyworthsales.com

Previous threadView all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode
Jump to

www.AuctionWizard2000.com | Contact Us Forums powered by WWWThreads