Listing
   >> eBay
Thread views: 4078 Previous threadView all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode

tictictic_OnEbay
(addict)
11/19/08 01:04 AM
Nice try, eBay.  

I had an interesting thing happen recently -- thought I'd share.....

I listed an item I knew might have VERO issues (Chanel, but vintage and in my possession since it was new). It got multiple bids starting about the fourth day. I listed an identical item a few days after the first one. I was blocked both times from including the word Chanel in the titles, so I cheated and wrote Ch-n-l or some such (both auctions included the full Chanel name in the descriptions, and of course, you can at all times find hundreds of auctions for Chanel items that somehow run under the radar).

The listing-error messages indicated I should write Support and ask if I could pleeze, pleeze list such items. I have 100% pos Feedback, so I figured I'd give it a try. I sent my request for approval the same day the first auction started, and then, having received no response, I resent it the day the second auction was uploaded. When the first auction had only a few minutes to go, I got an email saying sorry, nope, you don't qualify. Sheesh! Only thing I can figure is that I've had an Alert on my account for a while (I think they linger for at least six months) for using the phrase "like new" for an electronics item (Well, it was!).

Ok, so anyway here's the interesting twist. The first auction ended, and I received the You Won notification. In the same mail download, I also got a message from eBay saying both my auctions were removed and any bids were cancelled. What a glitch! When you go to either auction page, including the one that ended with a winning bid, they say the auctions don't exist. If the system had not generated the You Won message, I would have had no way to contact my buyer. That buyer opted to add the other Chanel item, agreed not to use the eBay-Paypal route, and the items were paid for and shipped today. So there, eBay! Na-na-na-na-na-na!

Sue

Jump to

www.AuctionWizard2000.com | Contact Us Forums powered by WWWThreads