Listing
   >> eBay Stores
Thread views: 9089 Previous threadView all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode

kremp
(stranger )
03/07/03 04:15 AM
Store Category Errors new  

I'm having an extremely frustrating experience with using the software to upload my ebay store listings. Just about everyone is WRONG! I want to use this funcion A LOT and if I have to go into Ebay and change every one, it is going to be a MAJOR PAIN.

Please help me - I list the store category in the auction lot window for where it should be placed - but it comes out wrong almost every time!

ARGH!!!!!

Thanks for your help,
kremp

Tradeguy
(newbie)
03/07/03 04:51 AM
Re: Store Category Errors new [re: kremp]  

I run a bunch of store items and had a similar experience until I figured out that AW2K doesn't match the store categories by name, but by numeric order.

Just go into your "manage my Ebay store", and then "edit store". Make a note of the exact order of your 11 categories. Then edit your store categories in AW2K and make sure they are in the exact same order (as I discovered, it doesn't even matter what you call the categories in AW2K - all that matters is the order).

Once I figured this out, I never had to edit a store item's category again.

The same thing applies to regular auction items - you can have them show up in your matching store categories as well. (If you don't specify a category for regular auctions, they all end up in the "other" category).

Hope that helps!
Rich

kremp
(stranger )
03/07/03 05:02 AM
Re: Store Category Errors new [re: Tradeguy]  

Thanks, Rich! You'll save me lots of time in the future. Is there any way to modify the already-listed items (without going piece-meal through them all)?

Thanks again, Kerry

Tradeguy
(newbie)
03/07/03 05:48 AM
Re: Store Category Errors new [re: kremp]  

Far as I know, there is no easy way to edit the categories of already listed store items. Like so many things, Ebay makes you do it one at a time ;-)

But you can move aw2k items in "batch" to different categories by selecting them in the grid view (either inventory or auction items) and right clicking - there's an option to change all selected lots to another store category. I just recently modified all of my store categories and this feature was a real lifesaver!

new2you
(stranger )
05/06/03 06:20 AM
Re: Store Category Errors [re: kremp]  

My advice is obviously too late for you but may help others. I had the same issue and basically just waited it out because I knew that at the end of 10 days (length of all of our auctions) things would work themselves out.

If anyone doesn't want to wait that long you probably just need to go in and edit the names of the categories on the eBay side to match the order of those in AW2K. Remember ... eBay and AW2K are just communicating the numbers, not the names.

Previous threadView all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode
Jump to

www.AuctionWizard2000.com | Contact Us Forums powered by WWWThreads